9 replies to this topic

#1 Huoshini

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTip of the spear!

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:29 PM

Jumped in a game tonight with two buddies of mine when...Surprise surprise! We are in a big ol PuG and we are up against a majority clan team.

Everyone is lamenting their woes over voice chat that we are going to die to organized folks. That's when me and my two friends decide to just run to the left of the moon base. We get shot up a little so we retreat. That when we notice that every one is coming to our position on the map.

We begin to shout "TIP OF THE SPEAR!" over voice chat and before we knew it, our entire team of puglets are on top of our enemies base with no defenders.

Our amazing pug toppled the foul and scary "organized" teams with a base cap and the most laughter possible.

Don't get sad about bad matchups.....you never know when a miracle might happen :P

#2 Armorine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:00 PM

Epic

#3 Ursh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:03 PM

It's great to do that.

I was in a game against Clan Wolf a couple of months back. They'd set up in a careful defensive position up on the hill in Alpine, and we ran around them and basecapped them. Even with all the artillery and long-range sniping, we took the base down with the quickness.

#4 YueFei

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:05 PM

The more appropriate chant would've been: "The enemy's gate is down." ;)

#5 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:06 PM

View PostUrsh, on 09 March 2015 - 09:03 PM, said:

It's great to do that.

I was in a game against Clan Wolf a couple of months back. They'd set up in a careful defensive position up on the hill in Alpine, and we ran around them and basecapped them. Even with all the artillery and long-range sniping, we took the base down with the quickness.

PuG up, cap'em down with the quickness!

#6 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:33 PM

Had a game on Terra Therma, when our light lance dashed along the sides of the map straight for the enemy base. As usually, enemies were busy trying to rush center caldera. Cap win at the kill count 1:1. Also had this amazing game on Alpine, where our assault lance capped enemy base, while enemy team fought 12 vs 8 on the usuall H9 hill. They took down all of our 8 mechs, but lost their base in most humiliating way possible. I mean, when you got Stalker capping your base on Alpine, your team must have really screwed up. In both of those cases those strategies were decided in the first seconds of the match, one person suggested to do so, others typed "rgr" and everything worked like a charm. I cant say i see a lot of that stuff in pug games, but when the team listens to someone who is willing to lead, things do work.

#7 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:38 AM

Did anyone make a "just the tip" joke?

#8 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:56 AM

Communication FTW! :)

I bet the other team was happy about that one lol.

#9 Huoshini

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTip of the spear!

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:28 AM

Just the tip is the FIRST joke. Hahaha!

Yes, it was "well played and gg" by all. No sour pusses that game :)

#10 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:36 AM

View PostUrsh, on 09 March 2015 - 09:03 PM, said:

It's great to do that.

An excellent example of non linear game play. This reminds me of Enders game with teams using carefully planed stratagems and formations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users