Day 7 So Far...

10 replies to this topic

#1 Stormthorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:39 PM

I took a break over the weekend and needed to make an update on playing against Marik.

I had a great time fighting against Marik. They adapted to the DCMS strategies by taking three lights in their dropdecks. It was successful against the twelve mans I dropped with once out of the handful of games I played.

So it seems Marik managed to sqeaked out some wins with their new strategy I guess. It couldn't have been much fun, because after a few hours the border turned mostly silent and all their light rushing went for nothing as the DCMS erased almost every tick that was gained while still successfully Defending the Davion border and the CGB border. I think our net loss tonight was 1? It might have even been a wash, I don't know for sure. Regardless, nice heart there Marik. Keep trying. I'm sure there is a ceasefire available if you come to the High Council.

#2 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:47 PM

Although The Lights Rush
The Dragon Still Slays Eagles
Their Worlds Fall Nightly

#3 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:57 AM

They're learning, but I don't think they've settled on a widely used fighting style to replace LRM silliness. I dropped against a mixed unit group a few night ago as part of a 12-man and they had one of the most schitzo lineups I've seen from a non-pug non-outright-terrible-team. They had everything from Awesomes and Kintaros to Firestarters and Dragons. They haven't caught up to our A or maybe even B teams yet, but they are experimenting with new strategies and tactics. Might be worth keeping an eye on them in case they stumble upon some ingenious build or maneuver before they realize what its really worth.

Edited by Ultra-Laser, 10 March 2015 - 03:57 AM.

#4 SgtKinCaiD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:01 AM

View PostStormthorn, on 09 March 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

I think our net loss tonight was 1?

If you're talking about yesterday (day 88), we took 4 planets (Buckminster from Ghost Bear, Addicks from Davion, Chatham from Smoke Jaguar and Chara from Marik) while loosing 2 (Falsterbo and Vanern to Smoke Jaguar).

#5 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:58 AM

we all know that lightrushes are not easy to fend off and if one side does 3 rushes the chances to win a attack match are verry high.
the k/l numbers koresh posted are not indicating 3 lightrushes with 30+ mechs lost on BOTH sides.
doing 3 lightrushes dont allow you to kill 30+ defenders.
the most relyable defens against perma lightrusher is to have one more teams in defense for 30 minutes.
this forces all battles into counter attacks and hold terretory.
in this game mode 3 waves of lights result in guaranteed loss of the match. this game mode FORCES both sides to kill if they want to win the match.
and yes house kurita is more than the semiprofessionals from ns or nkva.
3tl for example barly played cw and just recently started to be active again-> have alot experience to gain to be on par with the competition.
36th for example is 90% casual playing not more than twice per week for 1-2h. the competetive players left the 36th bevore cw and where the alshain avangers, witch now merged into MERC .
the better marik players will and always could beat the kurita casuals.
we have our fair share of "bad" or average players

#6 Khanesh Loral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:22 AM

View PostStormthorn, on 09 March 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

I took a break over the weekend and needed to make an update on playing against Marik.

I had a great time fighting against Marik. They adapted to the DCMS strategies by taking three lights in their dropdecks. It was successful against the twelve mans I dropped with once out of the handful of games I played.

So it seems Marik managed to sqeaked out some wins with their new strategy I guess. It couldn't have been much fun, because after a few hours the border turned mostly silent and all their light rushing went for nothing as the DCMS erased almost every tick that was gained while still successfully Defending the Davion border and the CGB border. I think our net loss tonight was 1? It might have even been a wash, I don't know for sure. Regardless, nice heart there Marik. Keep trying. I'm sure there is a ceasefire available if you come to the High Council.

Hey guys, just so you know, we did not do 3 light rushes in our 2 wins against NKVA last night. We used 1 light, 1 Assault, 1 Heavy, and 1 mixed Mediums and lights.

#7 Khanesh Loral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:25 AM

View PostMahKraah, on 10 March 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

we all know that lightrushes are not easy to fend off and if one side does 3 rushes the chances to win a attack match are verry high.
the k/l numbers koresh posted are not indicating 3 lightrushes with 30+ mechs lost on BOTH sides.
doing 3 lightrushes dont allow you to kill 30+ defenders.
the most relyable defens against perma lightrusher is to have one more teams in defense for 30 minutes.
this forces all battles into counter attacks and hold terretory.
in this game mode 3 waves of lights result in guaranteed loss of the match. this game mode FORCES both sides to kill if they want to win the match.
and yes house kurita is more than the semiprofessionals from ns or nkva.
3tl for example barly played cw and just recently started to be active again-> have alot experience to gain to be on par with the competition.
36th for example is 90% casual playing not more than twice per week for 1-2h. the competetive players left the 36th bevore cw and where the alshain avangers, witch now merged into MERC .
the better marik players will and always could beat the kurita casuals.
we have our fair share of "bad" or average players

EDIT - Sorry, Mahkrah, I realized you were backing me up :) thanks.

Again, we did not do three light rushes... how the hell could we kill 20-30 mechs, and the gens+omega, with 36 lights? We would have been torn apart.

My post last night was not to say anyone was bad. I specifically remember saying you guys have been punching our teeth in all week.

We are just excited we are learning new ideas and changing builds. We're like kid from the community college that goes to the big city and gets laid at his first house party, lol.

Edited by Khanesh Loral, 10 March 2015 - 06:28 AM.

#8 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:37 AM

View PostKhanesh Loral, on 10 March 2015 - 06:25 AM, said:

Again, we did not do three light rushes... how the hell could we kill 20-30 mechs, and the gens+omega, with 36 lights? We would have been torn apart.

I'm pretty confident we could get 48 kills and omega running 36 lights against average Marik team :)

#9 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:46 AM

I am not in NS , but was in a counter attack with them where we defended hellborn with a light rush (12) that killed around 20 clan assaults and heavies.

#10 Khanesh Loral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:49 AM

View PostMechregSurn, on 10 March 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

I am not in NS , but was in a counter attack with them where we defended hellborn with a light rush (12) that killed around 20 clan assaults and heavies.

Yeah, I guess I mean how the hell could WE kill 20-30 mechs and Omega with 3 light rushes, lol :)

#11 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostKhanesh Loral, on 10 March 2015 - 06:22 AM, said:

Hey guys, just so you know, we did not do 3 light rushes in our 2 wins against NKVA last night. We used 1 light, 1 Assault, 1 Heavy, and 1 mixed Mediums and lights.

I did hear about this. The responsible parties will be gutted. Scoops will be legged.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users