5 replies to this topic

#1 Bloodshed Romance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFlorence, South Carolina

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

I got a Cooler Master hyper n520 and it has 2 cpu fans, but I think my bios only sees it as one because it comes with a 3pin cpu fan splitter to 2 3pin cpu fan connectors... any way to know for sure.. keeping my system at around 40C but want to make sure its using the cooler to its ability..

#2 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

I run on my LAN rig the Exact same cooler, have had zero issues, but I have aftermarket (higher CFM) fans on it..
You can set the fan speed curve in your Bios if you have that option, and it will ramp the fans up according to temp.
No problems other than I can't OC as high on my main rig with water...
Just make sure you have the unit so the fans exhuast directly into you back fan on your case...

Edited by Odins Fist, 30 June 2012 - 08:12 PM.

#3 Madekatsu

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

Have you checked your MB manual to see if there's a secondary CPU fan connection hiding in there? My new board has one butI can't imagine having a plug for a secondary heatsink fan being a relatively modern convenience. I don't know much about AMD boards but after a quick glance the one in your sig looks fairly new.

I'm running my front two fans on a PWM Y-connector (what you're using on your cpu fans) and I can adjust their speeds in tandem with my ASUS software. As long as you have them running to the same connector though, your computer will only recognize it as one "unit". I wouldn't worry at all though.

#4 Dazc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

Ideally you would want both fans linked so they spin at the same rate, the cpu connector is thermally controlled and the auxillary may not be.
But it looks like quite a good cooler as long as it lines up with an external vent.
Basically don't fret about it should be all good.

#5 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

If it's installed pointing the correct way, it will exhaust "DIRECTLY" into your rear case fan (exhaust)...
I have "ZERO" problems with this Cooler, and I control the fan speeds as I wish..

#6 Bloodshed Romance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFlorence, South Carolina

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

I have a Coolermaster Storm Scout case and it pulls from the front, and blows out the back (case also pulls from front and pushes out the back) and I also got 2 cougar 120MM fans (hydro bearing) pulling air from the side for my graphics cards..

seems to be working well.. will idle at about 30C and rarely gets above 45-50..
great cooler for when it was on sale..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users