Day 8 So Far...

5 replies to this topic

#1 Stormthorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:01 AM

The Marik border was pretty empty. I only dropped twice on Marik territory during primetime and both were ghost drops. We ended up defending against CSJ instead where we had a great match against DERP that was pretty enjoyable.

#2 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:13 AM

During the EU ceasefire phase, things were a bit more dicey. HK TS group (one 12 man) was focussed on Clan Wolf and Accrington (which we took) while Marik were pushing on Chara. I couldn't drop with the 12 man v clans so dropped solo to defend Chara. Planet was up to 46% with two attacks ongoing. As it was defending pugs on sulfurous I was not sanguine we'd hold the planet as its so easy to attack. We got a mixed group with some notable named players on their side. They went through alpha gate heavy first and got pushed back with surprisingly good work from our pug team. Our comms were text only. They preceded with increasingly ragged waves at alpha with one recognisable push. That was followed by a few single and uncoordinated lights going through gamma, Max of three at once. They ended up losing all 48 mechs (to our 20 losses or so) with only one gen down and another slightly damaged. We kept Chara as I think the other group playing through ceasefire also won. Bit close but we kept the planet. Well done kurita pugs.

Edited by Musashi Alexander, 11 March 2015 - 04:16 AM.

#3 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:50 AM

Why can't a joint coalition of the Common Wealth, Laio, and Kurita forces just wipe these people off the map?

It would only do the IS a favor.

#4 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:21 AM

View PosteSeifer, on 11 March 2015 - 04:50 AM, said:

Why can't a joint coalition of the Common Wealth, Laio, and Kurita forces just wipe these people off the map?

It would only do the IS a favor.

A lack of pugs to farm would lead to a devastating economic collapse as the average hourly wage plummets from its current plateau of 500,000 c-bills.

#5 Khanesh Loral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:50 AM

Yeah, numbers were terrible to night. Summary of my drops on Chara (not sure if I was in one with Musashi):

1) GD
2) Kurita PUGS, Marik win, Blowout *no seriously pugs.... I didn;t even recognize a single name, most untagged*
3) Kurita PUGS, Marik win, Blowout *no seriously pugs.... I didn;t even recognize a single name, most untagged*
4) NKVA A/B Squad (scoops, tasker, but a some more unfamiliar names) on the cold map, they stomped us pretty hard. We did have a lot of newer plays tonight, but it ended up 22(26?)-48 with omega only down 20% Although, some of NKVA's tactics on this map gave us a really cool idea :) I also F'd up and brought a LRM boat in place of my 5SS on accident.
5) 228th CT on the new map. Surprisingly, we held them to literally 24 - 24 with no omega damage. Then their superior sniping showed. And we were going down hard when I logged.

After that, I logged as I had to go make dinner, so I cannot comment on matched after that. I hopefully will be on tonight!

Cheers, and gratz on your runback tonight!!

Edited by Khanesh Loral, 11 March 2015 - 05:59 AM.

#6 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:04 AM

No kanesh, I wasn't in any of your matches. I saw Stingray and couple in same unit as him and one TTK guy. The rest weren't familiar to me. It was a fun fight and more than what I was expecting from dropping solo. I've been on the other side and know how that usually ends.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users