#41 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 14 March 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

Yes, all you see there is art made by people and their own interpretation.
The only facts, what you seem to ignore, are the location (arm) and the side (left). There is no right arm with missiles.
Look how different the launcher on the miniatures is compared to the drawings.

Well, I should add that the C-LRM10 on the MWO concept art looks different than the in-game model. Personally I dislike the result as well, while I ignore it by not slotting missiles in the arm.
I prefer the look with no missiles at all on the arm, neither lower nor upper arm location.

Yes, but some of those "artists interpretations" but they are also reliable and cannon.Same as the warhawks used on the cover art on the journals and such for BT.

Also your argument of "it's on the wrong arm!" is kinda faulty because it kinda shows the lack of knowledge you have on omnitech and as I said: It can go on either side. That is a fact of lore.

And the point is you are saying: "No, the Missiles is meant to be on the lower arm and it should be that way".
I am saying that there is not a single picture, description, or dialogue that said that besides you.

Not a single image, novel, or TRO says it was on the lower arm area.

Another thing I find irritating about your comment is the fact that you do not even like the missiles ot begin with and yet you are defending it. Which is weird.

Also since it seems you are taking table top as hard facts. (and note: the one I posted isn't that different then the majority I posted, I have no idea why you say it is that different).

Posted Image
Posted Image

And last thing to counter your words: Yes, I know some of the missiles are located on the 'shoulder'. But TT and other games had different locations of 'hitboxes'. All of these images show it on what is general the arm area and even then it being on the arm may mean that all the reloading mechanisms and firing mechanisms are there, but the barrel and tubes are slightly a bit away from it.

This is a common thing through BT especially the king crab where the AC 20's (half of it) is on the side torso.

#42 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:49 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 14 March 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

Also your argument of "it's on the wrong arm!" is kinda faulty because it kinda shows the lack of knowledge you have on omnitech and as I said: It can go on either side. That is a fact of lore.

I doubt we come to an agreement but do you seriously think there is no difference between an left and right arm?
Imagine where the arm is mounted. Do you want to have an arm facing backwards because you're mounting the wrong one?
Omnipods are exchangeable between variants on the same location, not left or right.
Moving with two right legs, yeah! The mech would spin around or just fall down.

#43 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 14 March 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

I doubt we come to an agreement but do you seriously think there is no difference between an left and right arm?
Imagine where the arm is mounted. Do you want to have an arm facing backwards because you're mounting the wrong one?
Omnipods are exchangeable between variants on the same location, not left or right.
Moving with two right legs, yeah! The mech would spin around or just fall down.

Thats where you go wrong.

Omnipods do not exist in cannon!

It's just a balanced way to introduce omnimechs in game.

Normal wise it means "besides X hardwired areas" (note: All Battlemech stuff is hardwired in lore) stays there, everything else can do what ever you want!"

So you know what that means? if you customize a clan mech you can make a Warhawk have 2 ER PPC's in each leg and 5 Machine guns in each arm and a UAC 2 in the CT.

That is what a player can do and in lore the majority of formal military stuff. This can mean a pilot preffers to have an LRM 10 on the other arm instead. The Arms hardwired-wise and physically are the same.

clan pilots who have more specialized mechs of choice change. For eg...

there is this 1 famous summoner who has 2 ER medium lasers in each leg and 1 in each torso with some other more normal weapons.

Another idea is Natasha Kerensky Direwolf, Which has 1 LRM 20, 1 large pulse laser. In Each arm. and a UAC 20 in 1 torso and 3 er mediums, 2 in the CT and 1 in the head.

"But there is no direwolf with missile hardpoints in the arms with an enemy!!!1!" welcome to onmitech.

#44 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:22 PM

I thought about getting either a full Wave 2 or 3 set by tomorrow.
Lotsa posts said Wave 3 was better.
Then that Arctic Cheetah pic came out. Shoulder mounts make it look like it will be easy to hit.
Got 24 hours to decide.

#45 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 15 March 2015 - 06:22 PM, said:

I thought about getting either a full Wave 2 or 3 set by tomorrow.
Lotsa posts said Wave 3 was better.
Then that Arctic Cheetah pic came out. Shoulder mounts make it look like it will be easy to hit.
Got 24 hours to decide.

Wave 3.

Reason:

Most of the mechs here are often superior in lore then wave II. for eg...

"Arctich Cheetah" was made to replace the mist lynx (and successfully)
"Shadowcat" was made to replace the ice ferret. (and successfully but Ice ferret was lower cost alternative)
"Couldron Born" didn't intend to replace anything but it was made to be straight up superior to most clan mechs at the time to hold of the inner sphere attackers.
"Executioner" was the omni 'outcome' of the kodiak battlemech and is the MASC equipped one. It is nearly as fast as a gargoyle with MASC on and it has more firepower... also it's a 95 ton mech.

On top of that but all of these mechs have the ability to become the next meta...

Arctic cheetah = fastest Clan light with good firepower and 4 high mounted weapons making it very easy to hill hump
Shadowcat = very fast medium mech with lots of jumpjets and when quirks come ltos of range combat is gonna be seen with this.
Couldron born = picture a smaller timberwolf with every single weapon mid-high to high mounted.
Executioner = picture a clan victor. But with MASC.

Mist lynx and Gargoyle are considered some of the worst clan mechs in game or in GENERAL. (hence why gargoyle is getting quirks first out of the assault clans)
Ice ferret is pretty 'meh' but not up there. only hellbringer (with ECM) is considered good.

Shadowcat and arctic cheetah also have ECM.

Edit: you also missed all the early purchase rewards for Wave II.

If you do Wave III now you get 4 extra mechs (1 alt.config per mech), more premium days, cockpit items, etc.

Edited by Nightshade24, 16 March 2015 - 08:19 PM.

#46 Michael Howell

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts
  • LocationHuntress, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:46 AM

Any in game shots of these beauties yet? Release is coming soon!

#47 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:11 AM

View PostMichael Howell, on 07 May 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

Any in game shots of these beauties yet? Release is coming soon!

Just over a month before I Stephan Amaris the IS, so I can curb-stomp in my glrioslus Ebon Jaguars! Then a month after that before I annoy the hell out of them with stealth-gauss.... And jusglt generally decimate them with Machine guns Shadowcat, and all Arctic Cheetahs!

But, yeah, I'd love to see some model shots at least! :D

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 08 May 2015 - 08:14 AM.

#48 Urek Mazino

• Pip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:59 PM

Hello,

I was unable to chime in anytime earlier due to IRL obligations.
I tweeted this to Russ already but it's probably better to mention it in this thread as well.

The Executioner (Gladiator) imho needs a rework of its eyes. All the mechs look great, the only thing that stood out to me was the eye's on the Executioner (Gladiator).

Based on the concept art, the eyes have a certain upward angle. This creates what more or less looks like a worried facial expression (Think of the amusing facial expression Jaden Smith seems to have stuck on his face). I've never seen a more worried Assault mech, it's especially amusing given that the leg has "you should run" written on the thigh.

I think it may be enough to rotate (by just a degree or two) the eye's so that there is no upward angle toward the Glabbela (part between your eyes) which is what's creating that worried expression.

Please look at the CCG cards for the mech on sarna, They all have a much more ferocious and menacing appearance. It is interesting to note that the ccg version of the eyes are all actually angled down towards the glabella, creating a facial expression of anger. The Concept art has it the exact opposite at the moment.

Hope that helps,
Urek

#49 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:11 PM

View PostUrek Mazino, on 17 May 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

Hello,

I tweeted this to Russ already but it's probably better to mention it in this thread as well.

The Executioner (Gladiator) imho needs a rework of its eyes. All the mechs look great, the only thing that stood out to me was the eye's on the Executioner (Gladiator).

Based on the concept art, the eyes have a certain upward angle. This creates what more or less looks like a worried facial expression (Think of the amusing facial expression Jaden Smith seems to have stuck on his face). I've never seen a more worried Assault mech, it's especially amusing given that the leg has "you should run" written on the thigh.

I think it may be enough to rotate (by just a degree or two) the eye's so that there is no upward angle toward the Glabbela (part between your eyes) which is what's creating that worried expression.

Please look at the CCG cards for the mech on sarna, They all have a much more ferocious and menacing appearance. It is interesting to note that the ccg version of the eyes are all actually angled down towards the glabella, creating a facial expression of anger. The Concept art has it the exact opposite at the moment.

Hope that helps,
Urek

I dunno, I kind of like the eyes. It gives the mech a very Devil-May-Care look.

Posted Image
"EEH? U lookin' at this EXE here??? That's right, ya better start runnin', because when I catch up ta u i got a fistful of plaz with ur name on it. BUDDIEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

#50 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostUrek Mazino, on 17 May 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

Hello,

Hope that helps,
Urek

I think that's a perspecrive thing... It looks like the tops of the eyes are level, so I think it will have more of a menacing glare, when viewed from head on... It has a fantastic face, imho. It's more grim, than anything else. Befitting an executioner.

#51 Urek Mazino

• Pip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:09 AM

View PostRepasy, on 17 May 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

I dunno, I kind of like the eyes. It gives the mech a very Devil-May-Care look.
Spoiler

See, you see a devil-may-care look. I see Jaden Smith, with the perpetually raised eyebrows.
Spoiler

I think for every person that see's a devil may care look, another person will see a Jaden Smith face. I don't think that's a good thing.

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 18 May 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

I think that's a perspecrive thing... It looks like the tops of the eyes are level, so I think it will have more of a menacing glare, when viewed from head on... It has a fantastic face, imho. It's more grim, than anything else. Befitting an executioner.

I really hope it's perspective, if it isn't I don't think I'll be able to take the Executioner seriously on the battlefield. I am worried about the "head on" aspect. It's an assault mech, If all Heavies or smaller see it from this perspective it'll still be kind of ridiculous. The executioner needs to look perpetually pissed off, imho.

Edited by Urek Mazino, 18 May 2015 - 10:11 AM.

#52 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostUrek Mazino, on 18 May 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

See, you see a devil-may-care look. I see Jaden Smith, with the perpetually raised eyebrows.
Spoiler

I think for every person that see's a devil may care look, another person will see a Jaden Smith face. I don't think that's a good thing.

I really hope it's perspective, if it isn't I don't think I'll be able to take the Executioner seriously on the battlefield. I am worried about the "head on" aspect. It's an assault mech, If all Heavies or smaller see it from this perspective it'll still be kind of ridiculous. The executioner needs to look perpetually pissed off, imho.

Nah man, dat Jaden has teh face of a cold-blooded killer. That's the last face you see b4 he riddles u full of holes, bc he don't give a ####! XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users