Scouting Bonus

14 replies to this topic

#1 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:15 PM

Scouting bonus currently tend to be focused on spot and hide, almost completely worthless to the rest of the team environment. I'd rather see a significantly higher reward CB and XP for each 10 seconds of continuous scouting.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:41 PM

I thought spot and hide was the whole essence of scouting. Light mechs are not gonna last exposed for 10 seconds for your scouting bonus requirement.

Maybe increase scouting bonus but make it only count if you manage to see the enemy's paperdoll?

Edited by El Bandito, 13 March 2015 - 08:50 PM.

#3 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

The scouting bonus is deeply flawed anyway. Targeting one enemy for ten seconds doesn't help your team; they don't know if there's one mech or 12 near what you're targeting. On the other hand, targeting 10 mechs for a second each doesn't really help either, as it's not long enough for anyone to really get a good positional fix or an idea of force composition. Finally, it's not like you don't know where the enemies spawned anyway; and most of the maps are small enough that even an Atlas will make contact in under a minute.

A scouting bonus would make a lot more sense if you could target multiple enemies at the same time; and then for every five or ten seconds you had them locked, you got a bonus, as it would actually show your teammates the positions of the enemies and let them know what they are facing and where. Right now you can't really do either effectively.

#4 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:00 PM

Milking the scout bonus quickly and running away isn't super helpful to the team beyond giving them a clue to the main forces location and direction.

Thats just player behavior you can't do much about.

You can already earn much more if you get in close and drop a well placed uav for the scout bonuses and uav lock damage if the team responds, if you back off to a safe vantage point and observe many target assists can be picked up also.

Quite a few cbills right there without firing a shot.

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:04 PM

View Postsneeking, on 13 March 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

Milking the scout bonus quickly and running away isn't super helpful to the team beyond giving them a clue to the main forces location and direction.

Thats just player behavior you can't do much about.

You can already earn much more if you get in close and drop a well placed uav for the scout bonuses and uav lock damage if the team responds, if you back off to a safe vantage point and observe many target assists can be picked up also.

Quite a few cbills right there without firing a shot.

At the expense of 40K per UAV though. I stopped using it in pug game for that reason. No need to make the grind more tedious that it is.

#6 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:24 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 March 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

At the expense of 40K per UAV though. I stopped using it in pug game for that reason. No need to make the grind more tedious that it is.

I used to not use UAV, but when leveling mechs it can really bring in the XP. Well worth the C-bill cost in that case. But yeah, if you're just farming C-bills it's not worth buying.

#7 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:27 PM

I enjoy doing it though, sneaking in droppin that uav stirring up the nest and gettin away with it is fun.

#8 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:47 PM

View Postsneeking, on 13 March 2015 - 09:27 PM, said:

I enjoy doing it though, sneaking in droppin that uav stirring up the nest and gettin away with it is fun.

Me too, though it's really frustrating when you think you've spotted a big group right around the corner and pop a UAV but it turns out to be just 1 or 2, or when you do pop a UAV near a big group but it's not quite in range and they don't move into it.

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 March 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

I wish spotting a gigantic group of enemies gave more c-bills, I've done that countless times and the c-bill reward is always terrible; would be nice to at least have the potential to break even but you get 20k from it if you're lucky.

#9 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:04 PM

I use seismic for that, you know when its right to launch that uav lol

#10 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:11 AM

View Postsneeking, on 13 March 2015 - 10:04 PM, said:

I use seismic for that, you know when its right to launch that uav lol

That's usually what I do too but I only have 1 seismic module and it's really a hassle moving it around constantly so sometimes I just don't have seismic on, or occasionally I'm using a mech that doesn't have room for seismic.

#11 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:19 AM

Iv spent lots on modules think I have about 10 seismic mods, seismic is perhaps the only mod id sacrifice derp for provides the mech has the speed to avoid missiles without it.

#12 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:11 AM

I spend a lot on consumables - competition demands it - really does cut into the earnings - so I buy less mechs - and hence less mechbays, etc. Takes so long to equip existing mechs with proper equipment and modules, so I end up just playing the same mechs over and over again to farm for C-Bills....over and over and over - kinda tedious after a while.

Perhaps all of that surplus mech XP could be put towards a discount on new mech purchases? That might encourage faster mech bay sales:)

#13 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:05 AM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 13 March 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

Scouting bonus currently tend to be focused on spot and hide, almost completely worthless to the rest of the team environment. I'd rather see a significantly higher reward CB and XP for each 10 seconds of continuous scouting.

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 March 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

I thought spot and hide was the whole essence of scouting. Light mechs are not gonna last exposed for 10 seconds for your scouting bonus requirement.

Maybe increase scouting bonus but make it only count if you manage to see the enemy's paperdoll?

You're not wrong El, But Scouting is not rewarded enough. Someone Narcing/TAGging should be given a percentage of the damage done that is using their Narc/TAG. (not to be taken away from the missile lobber BTW).

#14 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:08 AM

I think scouting is something that has been neglected in the game. They could have it so that specificaly lights got higher bonus for going behind enemy lines and dropping a UAV and NARC and TAG and hitting R for spotting.

I would love to see role specific bonus and think it would change the dynamic of the game in a positive way, it would stop the nascar circle rotation on many maps and thwart the 12 man Trebuchet rush or light rush in CW. I think it would set the team up to utilize the full map with strategic defense and attacking styles put into play not just random awkward encounters.

#15 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:09 AM

That was the plan: http://mwomercs.com/...le-warfare-cont

They decided not to, sadly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users