Thanks Pgi For The Shorter Weekend Event This Time!

21 replies to this topic

#1 Something Wrong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:11 AM

Some of the other challenges over the past few months have been brutally long winded and grindy. Not sure about others, but I really like this St.Patrick's day event that you can roll over in a few hours much more than one that takes upwards of 20 hours to grind out.

Thanks for letting me keep my weekend to myself. :)

EDIT: In light of finding out how this tournament actually works, this statement has been reissued as sarcasm. No weekend for me.

Edited by Sum Ting Wong, 14 March 2015 - 02:40 AM.

#2 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:15 AM

100 matches to get all rewards - of which 20 needs to be CW matches - if you can do that "in a few hours" I'd be mightily impressed.

#3 Something Wrong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:17 AM

View Poststjobe, on 14 March 2015 - 02:15 AM, said:

100 matches to get all rewards - of which 20 needs to be CW matches - if you can do that "in a few hours" I'd be mightily impressed.

You missed this part:
  • Up to a Maximum of 2,000,000 C-Bill for the duration of the event

#4 ThrashInc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:19 AM

It's still 20 Light + 20 Medium + 20 Heavy + 20 Assault + 2,000,000 CW

#5 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:20 AM

View PostSum Ting Wong, on 14 March 2015 - 02:17 AM, said:

You missed this part:

I understood that as being just for the CW part?

2 or 3 mill per weight class plus a maximum of 2 mill for CW drops is how I understood it.

#6 Something Wrong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:24 AM

It doesn't say anything to the contrary or any hard cap limits, only that you can have a max of 20 qualifying matches per weight class.

#7 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:30 AM

Russ's Twitter if it helps clarify:

Jackson Brammer@Splinter714 Mar 12
@russ_bullock Re: pot of gold event, is the 2mil cap just for CW and the 20 matches per weight class cap for general queue? Awesome event!

Russ Bullock@russ_bullock
@Splinter714 yes

https://twitter.com/...180640745332736

10 mil (ish) total to be won. Basically what TrashInc and stjobe have been saying.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 14 March 2015 - 02:33 AM.

#8 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:35 AM

Rewards
  • Achieve a minimum match score of 30, in Skirmish, Conquest, and Assault game modes
  • For each qualifying score in a standard 'Mech, you will receive 100,000 bonus C-Bills
  • For each qualifying score in a "Special"* 'Mech, you will receive 150,000 bonus C-Bills
  • You get up to a maximum of 20 qualifying matches per weight class
  • Special and Standard 'Mechs count toward the same weight class maximum
  • * Special 'Mechs are Hero 'Mechs (currently on sale), Founders Variant 'Mechs (F), Phoenix Variant 'Mechs (P), Clan Invasion Variant 'Mechs (I), Clan Invasion Gold Variant 'Mechs (G), Clan Wave Variant 2 'Mechs (I), Resistance Variant 'Mechs ®, Reward 'Mechs (L) and The Sarah Jenner (S).
  • Champions (C) are excluded from the "Special" category, but can still earn the standard 100,000 C-Bill bonus
When playing Community Warfare and achieving a minimum match score of 80 this weekend:
  • For each Victory receive an additional 100,000 C-Bills
  • For each Loss receive an additional 50,000 C-Bills

See how that bit you quoted is under the heading "When playing Community Warfare..." and how the other section has a separate bullet point saying you get 20 qualifying matches per weight class?

3 million x 4 weight classes + 2 million for CW = 14 million max, and 100 matches.

Edit: To put the final nail in the coffin of your "2 million CB max" argument, here's a screencap of my tournament page:

Posted Image

Edited by stjobe, 14 March 2015 - 02:39 AM.

#9 Something Wrong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:36 AM

In that case, I reissue my opening post as sarcasm. Problem solved.

#10 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:54 AM

Its ridiculously easy, I just went out in my first game of the weekend and qualified.

A suicide run in huginn killed two mechs a banshee and maddog got zero assist did no spotting for anyone and we lost lol.

#11 Felbombling

• 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:09 AM

Do you have to stay to the end of a match to qualify, or can you drop out and start another match if you buy the farm early?

#12 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:27 AM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 14 March 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

Do you have to stay to the end of a match to qualify, or can you drop out and start another match if you buy the farm early?

Only requirement is that you meet the match score to qualify, either 30 for general or 80 for CW. You don't have to stick around once you're dead.

View PostSum Ting Wong, on 14 March 2015 - 02:11 AM, said:

EDIT: In light of finding out how this tournament actually works, this statement has been reissued as sarcasm. No weekend for me.

So getting a bonus $100,000 or $150,000 per match C-bills for something you are already doing means you're not going to play all weekend?

People here will complain about anything :wacko:

Edited by EgoSlayer, 14 March 2015 - 10:27 AM.

#13 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

View PostSum Ting Wong, on 14 March 2015 - 02:36 AM, said:

In that case, I reissue my opening post as sarcasm. Problem solved.

I really don't see how that's necessary, you are continuously earning rewards instead of trying to qualify for 50 matches to get a prize at the end, and the requirements are extremely low to qualify per match.

You can still simply play as much as you want, and if you don't want to play for 100 (easily) qualifying matches then you can still earn something like 1m or 3m or 5m c-bills as an extra bonus.

#14 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

You especially won't find this short when you start to see the pathetict teams Elo/MM drops you with. I had to switch over to my ECM Cicada in order to compensate for the number of players on my team that can't get above the 30 match score.

Been top (sometimes tied with one other) match score the last 5 rounds I played. Pretty pathetic that all the assaults and heavys can't outperform a 40 ton mech.

Contemplating asking for a refund on the urbie pack. If this is what Elo/MM is going to match me with when I try to level those, I'm not going to have any fun for a while. So why bother getting them.

#15 Felbombling

• 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:09 PM

Thanks Ego.

#16 Sorbic

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:13 PM

View PostEgoSlayer, on 14 March 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

Only requirement is that you meet the match score to qualify, either 30 for general or 80 for CW. You don't have to stick around once you're dead.

So getting a bonus $100,000 or $150,000 per match C-bills for something you are already doing means you're not going to play all weekend?

I may be wrong but I think he meant he will be stuck playing all weekend to try and grind it all out.

#17 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:14 PM

View PostKodiakGW, on 14 March 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

You especially won't find this short when you start to see the pathetict teams Elo/MM drops you with. I had to switch over to my ECM Cicada in order to compensate for the number of players on my team that can't get above the 30 match score.

Been top (sometimes tied with one other) match score the last 5 rounds I played. Pretty pathetic that all the assaults and heavys can't outperform a 40 ton mech.

Contemplating asking for a refund on the urbie pack. If this is what Elo/MM is going to match me with when I try to level those, I'm not going to have any fun for a while. So why bother getting them.

Sounds like the issue is you are the high ELO player for your team and unlike others in that position, you aren't carrying hard enough..... ;)

#18 Something Wrong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:32 PM

View PostEgoSlayer, on 14 March 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

Don't think too hard about what was said. I'll see you in game.

Edited by Sum Ting Wong, 14 March 2015 - 04:33 PM.

#19 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,842 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

i cleared the medium and light, and about 25% through heavies. dont have any assault heros so just gonna run my dire and bansh (as much as i want a misery, just cant swing the dough). i got some medium mechs that need leveling, so i might take those into cw for some not so serious games.

i like the pace of this event. for the most part you can play normal, even casually, and score and i havent seen a whole lot of nasty gameplay at all. it is nice seeing so many heros in the game too and it gives me a chance to use my seldom used pirates bane. even seeing some good cnt-ah builds, i did mine up as a short range brawler with 2 ac5s and asrm10 (4+4+2).

Edited by LordNothing, 14 March 2015 - 04:46 PM.

#20 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

View PostCreovex, on 14 March 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

Sounds like the issue is you are the high ELO player for your team and unlike others in that position, you aren't carrying hard enough..... ;)

Geting sick of being the one who carries people. Can only do so much in a medium, and an urbie will be horrible.

Just finished mediums, now my carry harder mech - Timberwolf.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users