Hitboxes Or Hit Registration Is Busted, What Gives?

33 replies to this topic

#21 MonkeyDCecil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:02 AM

I have had many AC/20 and AC/10 fire just go though mechs. I mean they are lease the 200m from me and I hit square center. No damage. I have also noticed it with PPCs. But nothing else.

#22 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:49 PM

Hitreg is definitely borked again. Seems to always happen every patch, and goes unnoticed for 2-3 months before it's fixed again, only to have the next patch ruin it...again.

I'm seeing tons of situations where cherry red mechs are surviving an abysmal amount of punishment, like damage is not even registering.

Had multiple situations the last few days where my TBR would connect with its ERPPCs and no damage would register whatsoever.

Had another situation where a I alpha'd a cherry red mech that was standing still with 6 ER Mediums. It turned an even darker shade of red. Heck, one of my teammates was spectating me at the time and even said, "I have no idea how that mech is still standing after that."

#23 WatDo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 172 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killin' your d00ds

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:32 PM

It's the event. Hitreg always tanks during events. It's cause everyone and their grandma is on playing their new hero mechs and grinding for free money.

I even restarted MWO AND rebooted my pc to see if it was on my end, but it's obviously just event woes. Get in a mech you don't care about (to save your k/d and elo on good mechs) and go to laggy town.

#24 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:18 AM

Okay.

I just got killed on one volley from an Oxide, from the front, at essentially full armor. I was in a Hunchback.

I think I'm going to withhold my wallet until they fix this bullshit.

#25 Spr1ggan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:52 AM

Put three 53 damage alpha strikes into a stationary phracts CT on colony today. His CT armour only went yellow.

#26 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:08 AM

There was some wonkiness over the weekend, but it wasn't consistent, not for me anyway.

#27 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,981 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

Hitreg is horrible right now, I'm guessing server load is peaked.

None of my damage is registering on target, I'm going to just take a break from this game I think.

May or may not be on PGI's end as much, from doing Traceroutes, seems like at least 1 hop is acting up regardless of having 40 ping hops all the way to PGI's server.

hard to tell, either way its too frustrating trying to play atm.

I know China has been going crazy trying to DDOS some North American hubs, maybe thats what is happening again?

Edited by Mister D, 15 March 2015 - 05:05 PM.

#28 DoomRide

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:15 PM

I have been seeing it as well. Shooting the front of a KC and seeing his back shoulder gonig out. Very funky.

#29 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:21 PM

So I did some empirical testing last night, as I did play for an extended period of time. After the first couple of instances of either not doing any damage to targets, or taking absurd amounts of damage from other mechs (such as that case of an Oxide killing me with a single SRM 4 volley), I started noting the names of the enemies who were involved in these "incidents." Every single time, and I mean every single time, their ping was at least 200. Most of the time, it was over 300, going up to almost 400. And these weren't spikes, but stable enemy pings. I know some people can shoot up to 2 seconds sometimes, and I took that into consideration.

It seems to me that whatever compensation calculations the game is performing in terms of latency heavily favor players with high pings during combat. As someone who has a ping of around 20-25, I never find myself benefiting from my low latency; I only end up subsidizing others.

So what, should I just start lag-switching to get an advantage now?

#30 DivideByZer0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:13 PM

Hitreg never really worked, despite what PGI says. There has always been some secret sauce to actually landing damage.

Edited by DivideByZer0, 15 March 2015 - 11:14 PM.

#31 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:38 AM

I just shot a standstill Adder into his cherry-red CT with 2x ERPPC and 4xML in a single volley, and the only reaction I saw was his leg flashing at yellow armor. Dude had a 400 ping at match end.

#32 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:18 AM

And a new update: Shot a cherry-red CT with a sliver of frontal armor (also cherry-red) DWF with 2xLPL+4xML at about 350 meters, He was facing me directly, walking toward me. I shot him like this, with a full volley, four times. Despite getting a red damage marker on my reticle, he didn't even flash.

That's four 42-damage volleys at at least 90% damage each due to range. Do the math.  The players spectating me were incredulous.

Not a single dollar more, PGI. Have fun losing paying customers like myself. Also, enjoy your Steam reviews, if this game hits it in such a state.

Edited by Baron Blitz Fokheimer, 16 March 2015 - 08:19 AM.

#33 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostWatDo, on 14 March 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

It's the event. Hitreg always tanks during events. It's cause everyone and their grandma is on playing their new hero mechs and grinding for free money.

I even restarted MWO AND rebooted my pc to see if it was on my end, but it's obviously just event woes. Get in a mech you don't care about (to save your k/d and elo on good mechs) and go to laggy town.

I ran brawing heroes most of the weekend. Most notably the Protector and the CN9-AH. I was working heavy AC20 and SRMs. I never saw a shot miss that I thought should have hit. Either I clearly hit the thing, I saw the cross hairs light up and the enemy paper doll update or I clearly missed and saw the projectile go wide (or right under an arm, I hate you Stromcrow).

I had a great time of it for the most part. Posted big kill numbers and big damage numbers. I killed quite a few ravens, spiders and firestarters. Hit reg was working for me.

I am blessed with very good ping as my area has a fiber backbone, pings are between 23-30 for me. Perhaps that's got something to do with it.

#34 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,380 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

We have 3 HSR modes (Laser, Ballistic, Missile) and all the time ever only 1 of them worked and the other 2 sucked differently bad.

Laser HSR worked flawless when it was implemented - then Ballistic HSR came and Laser broke.
Ballistic HSR worked flawless - then Missiles HSR came and Ballistic broke.
Missile HSR came - it woked a short time and since then we play HSR ring around.

With another Missile Mechanic (all Missiles active + semi guided) we did not even need to have Missile HSR and PGI could maybe achieve a good Balance between Laser and Ballistic HSR.

I did 1 whopping match yesterday and i swear the shots that were missng me would have hit me only a few weeks ago or so as i see the hits often miss me while HSR makes them damage me - so i did survive in my yellow crit CT Cicada.
From my PoV right so bcs iwas missed but thats not allways what the enemy Pilot does see at his Screen.
My Mech Damage Screen flashed sometimes (obviously from the missing shots) but i did not receive some damage.

Edited by Thorqemada, 16 March 2015 - 11:08 AM.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users