2 replies to this topic

#1 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:42 PM

Esteemed Mechwarriors of the Great Houses of the Inner Sphere,

The Warhorns of the Great Houses of the Inner Sphere should be sounds that inspire those who fight under the House banner. In order to generate the best possible Warhorn sounds, PGI should host a contest to replace the current Resistance House Warhorn sounds with fan-created content.

Allow anyone to submit an original Warhorn sound (non copyrighted content of course) and have either staff of community volunteers winnow the entries to a top ten or top twenty. Then allow all the members of that Faction to vote on their preferred Warhorn sound.

Involve the community. Improve the Warhorn sounds. Improve the game.

Naturally, some details would need to be worked out for selection logistics, vetting, and preventing vote spamming and griefing voting - the usual banes of Internet voting contests.

#2 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

The House Davion warhorn isnt so good. If its got a spiral rotating thingy, I will be less than happy.

I should add I like the rest of the warhorn sounds. House Kurta is borderline.

An option to not show the warhorns in cockpit would be nice considering many of them are an eye sore.

Edited by Johnny Z, 14 March 2015 - 12:57 PM.

#3 Tycon

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

At the moment, the Warhorn sounds are so awful they are generally used as BM humiliation feats for kills. The Jade Falcon Warhorn among them being the one that makes me want to just die IRL when I hear it echo over my dead corpse, the techno and rock and roll sounds are pretty infuriating too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users