268 replies to this topic

#81 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:44 AM

View PostEscef, on 15 March 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

I wager Bandito knows. And if you don't care, and he doesn't care, pointing them out won't get you to fix them.

You're so eager to say they're flawed, yet you do not care to even copy and paste it into paint and point it out? It sounds like you are in fact the one who's trying to hide something.

#82 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:47 AM

You also do not take into account the side profile the mechs look fine as long as the Zeus is think and the Grasshopper is a twig and it looks like it will be that way. this is fine and i see nothing wrong here

#83 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:48 AM

we all know that this game is modeled after battletech, what we all like.
so deal with the fact that the mechs are shaped after this.
scaling down mechs from what they are in battletech should not happen. i also hate the fact that most mechs got fantasy hardpoints.
at least i understand that this is needed to some mechs.
but changing the basics of mechs on how tall they are, how wide etc is a no-go just because PGI could do it.
otherwise we could just get a personal mech creation-hanger that allows us to model mechs with parts of everythign we own just for the sake of it.

A BIG NO!

#84 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:49 AM

View PostLordBraxton, on 15 March 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Bishop, I appreciate your desire to be optimistic, but I don't want this thread to be focused on game balance alone. With the laser meta, quirks, and a solid build, the grasshopper may still become one of the best IS heavies. That is not my concern. The scaling looks ridiculous with these last two mechs from the resistence package. It is poor consistency and quality control. Or perhaps... consistently terrible quality control...

I paid money and I still agree with Vass

Your wrong its over all size all 3 demotions matter. the Grasshopper is a tall skinny mech the Zeus is a short thick mech.

#85 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:50 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 15 March 2015 - 09:07 AM, said:

You guys paid knowing this was gonna happen.

Maybe you should stop buying stuff until they have models and scaling pictures.

naw because I don't want to wait another 10 yrs for an MW title.

#86 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostBurktross, on 15 March 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

Was right about to add an addendum. Neither of us were right.
Posted ImageMore so 1 head

Yah but there is more shoulder and thicker torso on the cata there bulk is the same.

like the head is the same size as the ballistic

Edited by hybrid black, 15 March 2015 - 09:52 AM.

#87 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostBurktross, on 15 March 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

You're so eager to say they're flawed, yet you do not care to even copy and paste it into paint and point it out? It sounds like you are in fact the one who's trying to hide something.

You mean you are THAT incapable of looking at the backgrounds and seeing how they don't line up?

#88 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:52 AM

Correction. The pictures are actually 100% valid, discounting minor (unavoidable) rotational errors.
Posted Image

#89 Armorine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:52 AM

I can't take another ten years with no mw.....

#90 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 March 2015 - 07:35 AM, said:

I care, but don't see it as a deal breaker as there are still too many things we don't know. And I well remember the DoA hysteria on the ShadowHawk.

^^^ Someone else who remembers the old rants

#91 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:57 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 March 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

naw because I don't want to wait another 10 yrs for an MW title.

I agree. We gotta keep throwing money into this forever minimally viable product. PGI will surely get better if you guys do it for another 3 years.

#92 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:58 AM

View Posthybrid black, on 15 March 2015 - 09:49 AM, said:

Your wrong its over all size all 3 demotions matter. the Grasshopper is a tall skinny mech the Zeus is a short thick mech.

The grasshopper isn't (even close to being) thin enough to justify it being 100ton height, also, the zeus is depicted as tall and thin as often as it is depicted bulky. 'short' has never been an adjective used to describe the zeus however, so you are simply wrong. Posted Image

Edited by LordBraxton, 15 March 2015 - 10:00 AM.

#93 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:03 AM

PGI Cunctator, LOL.

Let us check our records to see how likely this is ...

Posted Image

There you go.

#94 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 15 March 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

PGI Cunctator, LOL.

Let us check our records to see how likely this is ...

*snip snip*
Dog wins thread

#95 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:06 AM

View PostLordBraxton, on 15 March 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

The grasshopper isn't (even close to being) thin enough to justify it being 100ton height, also, the zeus is depicted as tall and thin as often as it is depicted bulky. 'short' has never been an adjective used to describe the zeus however, so you are simply wrong. Posted Image

That Zeus looks better than MWO version.

#96 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:09 AM

Posted Image
If the hitboxes are close to this, it should be survivable, though I think I discerned where the second energy hardpoints are in the torso...and is fo, they suck, lol.

View PostVassago Rain, on 15 March 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

I agree. We gotta keep throwing money into this forever minimally viable product. PGI will surely get better if you guys do it for another 3 years.

better than the nothing we will have if PGI tanks. Didn't see too many studios running to snap it up after MW4.

#97 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostLordBraxton, on 15 March 2015 - 06:13 AM, said:

I was excited for the hopper and not the zeus, and clearly those desires just inverted. I had high hopes for the hopper so this is just depressing. PGI has the most ridiculous cost vs quality control ratio I have ever seen, yet I still pony up to the only crack dealer in town. Maybe we customers are the true incompetents here, funding a dev team that doesn't even check scaling as they model their mechs.

it only looks skinny because it is one of the tallest mechs. It is still as wide across as the zeus. 70ton shadowhawk this mech is not. (unless 50% of the side torsos count as arms, which I doubt will happen) and even if the mech is competitive, I want it to LOOK correct, not like a freak.

This.

The true fans need to close their wallots to let pgi know that they wont keep profiting form their incompetence for much longer. If you guys want mechwarrior to mean something if it really matters to you, then stop supporting this version until they fix it.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 March 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

Posted Image
If the hitboxes are close to this, it should be survivable, though I think I discerned where the second energy hardpoints are in the torso...and is fo, they suck, lol.

better than the nothing we will have if PGI tanks. Didn't see too many studios running to snap it up after MW4.

Then let it tank, someone down the line is likely to pick it up, perhaps they will do a better job...well just about anyone else can manage to do slightly better at least, pgi should never have been given the franchise. All they did was poop on it at least comparing it with lets say mechwarrior 3.

I rather someone else be given a chance because these guys just dont get it.

#98 Kushko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 493 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:15 AM

Agreed, the scaling is just horrid.

#99 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 March 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

Posted Image

Bishop you must have missed my responses to you. I'm not concerned about game balance alone. the Hopper might be a great mech. (until the laser vomit meta ends that is...) That doesn't make its scaling any less atrocious. Ive become resigned to the fact that PGI will never fix their old mistakes, but for them to keep making the same ones over and over is getting to be far too much.

#100 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:26 AM

View PostLordBraxton, on 15 March 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

No but it is how the artist made them for this game, and i think the size works out with its total bulk.

I for one am glad the mechs don't fit with lore all the time it means were moving forward and not stuck in a ****** lore filled past.

I do not see this mech as a mistake and really like how it looks. in the hands of a scrub that cant spread damage it will be bad in the hands on a person that can it will be amazing.

52 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 52 guests, 0 anonymous users