5 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:39 AM

In the Technical Manual from Battletech it discusses the use of EMP Mines. In your opinion, could we use these in CW?

#2 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:16 AM

EMP mines would also work in normal games as well since they would be able knock out ECMs a lot longer than a ppc hit.

I would love to have those in standard games as well.

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:10 AM

I'm not sure how they would effect an ECM. From what I read, if I understand this right, one of these mines is placed in the ground (at a predetermined location) and is set for a certain weight class of Mech, which then disables that Mech. These would work great on CW for IS as they try to fend off the Clans. It would only take 2 or 3 to make a difference as a Clan Heavy or Assult just goes...dead.

#4 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:31 PM

"disables that Mech"
which means it disables the ECM while the mech restarts ;)

though I could have sworn that the mech was protected from EMPs though. unless TW changed that.

Edited by VinJade, 16 March 2015 - 02:32 PM.

#5 WintermuteOmega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:13 AM

I don't think a "shutting down" option is viable. Would be Insta-Kill of any small mech there is.

And to make EMP-Mines a ECM-Knockout weapon only is for my taste to single focused.

I would like a EMP Mine to be a big impact on the Battlefield for all Mechs. Something like disabling Map or go the Map go crazy with blips for 15 Seconds or so. Added with something like a scramble effect. Would also knock down ECM, but you would have to depend on LOS to target. Would also be a nice counter to UAV's.

#6 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:19 AM

I agree Omega that would work as it would be a real counter to the ECM which has only one and that is against itself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users