Through Wall Lrm Targeting

4 replies to this topic

#1 AkoolPopTart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationApartment

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:15 AM

The last game I played before my computers hard drive decided to fry, I was watching a team mate use lrms on a target without having the target in view. In fact the enemy much probably a km away anf had a rock wall separating him from my team. Is this a glitch or is this an actual feature, because in all the air/mech combat games that I've played, you had to be able to actually see your enemy in order to target them with missiles.

If this is actually part of the game, its a pretty dumb idea since you should only be able to do this with narc beacon.

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:20 AM

In the battletech universe you don't need special equipment to get target informations. All you need is friendly (any friendly will do, no matter if it is a lowly infantry man or a big mean dropship in overflight) with a line of sight. It's the same in MWO.

So: It's not a bug, it's a feature! (for 30 years now)

#3 AkoolPopTart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationApartment

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:27 AM

Does the friendly have to tag them first I order to allow targeting?

#4 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:31 AM

View PostAkoolPopTart, on 19 March 2015 - 04:27 AM, said:

Does the friendly have to tag them first I order to allow targeting?

No, the friendly only has to lock the target in MWO by pressing the "R" key.

This is already a limitation, as in the Battletech universe a line of sight is absolutly all that is needed. No special equipment is in any way necessary.

Edited by Egomane, 19 March 2015 - 04:31 AM.

#5 AkoolPopTart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationApartment

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:42 AM

Even if it is part of the lore, i still think it should be a feature that comes with tagging enemies on the field and having your allies maintain visual contact with them. To me, that would be more balanced and would reduce missile spamming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users