This Weekend's Event: Post Mortem!

43 replies to this topic

#41 kuritakun

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:44 AM

im a heavy/assault mech pilot and this event made me appreciate mediums and lights when i played them, i'll be using them more from now on :)

#42 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:06 AM

View PostMacksheen, on 16 March 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a progressive scale on these as well - both increased rewards based on continued performance as well as potential scaling targets (match score 30, etc.)

Little variations like those can make this template event something that works well in many different variations.

View PostTerciel1976, on 16 March 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

Big +1 to Wintersdark, but I could also get behind some sliding scale. 30 gets you a point, 60 gets you two points, 100 gets you three points and 150 gets you five points or something like that, still with a cap. Benefits just playing and playing well, but the main thing is: THIS EVENT ROCKED AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR ANOTHER GRAB BAG! (12MM coming tomorrow doesn't suck either)
Yup! I'd love a sliding scale allowing great matches to get you points faster, so great matches would accelerate the process.

I don't think it would improve match quality directly (as it was, people played well throughout) but it'd be great to have stretch goals :)

#43 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:11 AM

View PostCathy, on 16 March 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

I honestly think this has been the best event to date.

Ok on the surface it might not look that spectacular,, but it caters/ed to all levels of skill and time comitment, as everyone has a chance to come away with something useful, and because it didn't require an unreachable target, on a personal level I actually played more than I did for the phract and raven events.

The match score being the qualifer, makes a world of difference, to team play in a positive way

Also played a lot of hero and 'special' mechs I haven't for ages, and its been alot of fun
Exactly. Being able to net rewards from whatever you can do makes the play so much better. You're not chasing a potentially unattainable unicorn. With the mech reward events, I just stopped playing because I knew I wouldn't be able to put the time in to win them, and when I did try found it wasn't terribly fun every loss extending the "work" required by another 10 minutes or so.

Both in terms of match quality and player motivation, this event was outstanding.

AND it spurred Hero sales! Everybody wins!

#44 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:18 AM

yes like the true lance challange, if People come with proper weight class balances, game is way more fun and wait times are also a lot shorter.
But how to motivate people using lights and mediums more regulary?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users