• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:27 AM

View PostGorgo7, on 28 March 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

I give.
The clans need quirks to placate the masses.
Do your worst.

Aw, he doesn't want the Terribad clams to be viable....which, by the way, means things OTHER than the Trinity will be taken.

I don't think this Bad realizes that...

#582 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:20 AM

i still loves my nova, and it will make a great team with my SCR,
my DropDeck will change how ever with ClanWave3,
new DropDeck= SHC NVA SCR EBJ

#583 nero37

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

claner mechs dont deserve quirks there already overpowerd enough, also pgi should giving lrm buff quirks to cats, lrms are already bad enough we need to encourige more people to use them

#584 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:00 PM

View Postnero37, on 28 March 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

claner mechs dont deserve quirks there already overpowerd enough, also pgi should giving lrm buff quirks to cats, lrms are already bad enough we need to encourige more people to use them

il informed IS QQ'ers dont deserve to QQ with out looking to the facts about weaker Clan mechs,

#585 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 27 March 2015 - 08:01 PM, said:

Sadly true, even if the Bonus was 10% Range people would Run Half and half,...

Just got an idea @Mike Frost you Listening?
unlike IS Quirks which are Variant Locked Clan are Pod Locked,
so why not Make them Dynamic, if you have +10% Range in your Right Arm,
and that Arm gets shot off you lose that +10% Range Quirk,
that should discourage Sword & Boarding?

The weapons system doesn't work this way. Your mechs weapons stats are loaded when you start the match and are not able to be changed dynamically. This is part of why we have to be very careful with how Omnipod quirks can stack up.

#586 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

View PostMike Forst, on 28 March 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

The weapons system doesn't work this way. Your mechs weapons stats are loaded when you start the match and are not able to be changed dynamically. This is part of why we have to be very careful with how Omnipod quirks can stack up.

Mike, its the weekend man, go home have a beer! There is some great local stuff from Granville Island brewery....

#587 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 27 March 2015 - 07:41 PM, said:

@Mike Forst,
can we see more Diverse Quirks for the NVA S-A Arms?
ether more Range or Less Heat Efficiency than the Prime Arms?

It is very unlikely that Clan lasers will receive much if any of a range boost.

#588 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:57 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 28 March 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

Mike, its the weekend man, go home have a beer! There is some great local stuff from Granville Island brewery....

I am home and do like several beers from that brewery. Also from many other local breweries.

#589 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostMike Forst, on 28 March 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

I am home and do like several beers from that brewery. Also from many other local breweries.

Good man! :)

#590 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, in the planet Skandia ;)

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

Some clan mechs need a boost, and some need a nerf. Probably the best choice would be to nerf the weapon system and buff the quirk, but could take ages to properly test every weapon-combo. So far i would say that IS quirks and Drop-deck-Weight adjust are steps in the right way. Lore shouldnt make 1/3-1/2 of the game population less capable in a game. Either is for fun or is for Lore.

U can sum all in: Buff the K2 and the Adder quirks A LOT so ppl that choose to play them can actually...play them...in a game.

@Mike Forst Nice to see the Dev team comunicating more with the player base and not just paying attention to NGNG and ignoring the rest. Thanks there :) :) :)

#591 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:53 PM

View PostMike Forst, on 28 March 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

i was just making the point that S-A arms need something to give them an Edge over the Prime arms,
i really want to, want to take less Energy weapons on my Nova(i know Blasphemy right, lols),

#592 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:21 PM

Even if it were just related to pulse and not the ERs?

If the mech could properly shield itself, allowing the arms to dictate which manueverability boost it got would be a decent way to go (Prime for twisting, S for accel/decel, A for PPC quirks), but unfortunately the hitboxes don't allow for very good spreading of damage.

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 28 March 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#593 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:03 PM

i doubt there is a single person in all of MWO that thinks clan lasers need range boosts

heat gen on the other hand for something like the nova or warhawk or adder thats a diff story

Edited by Summon3r, 29 March 2015 - 04:04 PM.

#594 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:44 PM

View PostCody Furlong, on 29 March 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

A question about the clan quirks. Do the quirks of one pod apply to the entire mech when suing that pod, or does it only apply the quirks to that one pod? For example, using the Gargoyle's arm pod with the ERPPC quirks on it, would those quirks affect other ERPPCS mounted in the other arm as well, or only the ones mounted in that one arm.

they apply to the entire mech, ive talked with Mike about this and he says thats why they are taking it slow for now,

#595 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:32 PM

This is from a write up I did on the Adder, no point making its own topic for it now.
Mainly compared it against the Panther, same weight, near same role.

A - Quirks should allow more than just use as a heavy weapon platform. While Mechs were designed for certain roles and should have benefits for that, this needs to be balanced against some room for customizing.

B - There really is no reason for adding Structure to Adder Arms. This is not like the Panther that relies on one arm for a portion of its weapons, every arm pod has 1 weapon point plus 1 per torso. Structure should have been added to the torsos instead given how big a target they are.
I also have no idea why Accelleration & Decelleration Quirks were added, they do not make up for the locked speed issue.
Then there is the Prime side torsos. Maybe someone wants the Right Torso AMS but there is no reaon to take a Left Torso since it has no mounting points. Either these torsos would need worthwile Quirks or they could be given Adder-C mounts with Quirks to match even though they do not contain weapons or gear.

C - Use the Adder Center Torso as a way to test modifying the Flamer. Apply different Flamer Quirks that allow players to try out the Flamer, based on feedback you may actually find out how to change Clan & IS Flamers so they are actually useful. This would be easier than tinkering with the Flamer then opening the Test Server and provides a larger group for Flamer tests to be done with.

D - Usually there is no reason to change Clan Mech legs except on certain Mechs such as using Kit Fox-S legs for jump jets. Why not give Quirks that make such a decision possible? Speed boosts are possible, just look at the Adder Prime's Ceneter Torso with a Reverse Speed boost. Since Clan Mechs have locked engines, apply different Speed Quirks to different Legs with negative Quirks to offset the speed boost.

#596 Anakha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:28 AM

Most summoner builds are 4ML, ballistic in RT and a missle system in LT. Because of the chassis lack of hard points this gets you enough to make a viable build. So I think the quirks should help reflect those builds. It also lacks tonnage so I think the quirks should help address that also. Minimally 10-15% energy heat reduction to help offset lack of tonnage for heat sinks. Then generic ballistic quirks in RT, velocity and\or uac jam chance there would be nice. In the LT need missle cooldown for the single missle launcher to make that useful. Also some armor\structure added to the legs and arms would be nice also.

#597 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 30 March 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

This is from a write up I did on the Adder, no point making its own topic for it now.

<snip>

C - Use the Adder Center Torso as a way to test modifying the Flamer. Apply different Flamer Quirks that allow players to try out the Flamer, based on feedback you may actually find out how to change Clan & IS Flamers so they are actually useful. This would be easier than tinkering with the Flamer then opening the Test Server and provides a larger group for Flamer tests to be done with.

D - Usually there is no reason to change Clan Mech legs except on certain Mechs such as using Kit Fox-S legs for jump jets. Why not give Quirks that make such a decision possible? Speed boosts are possible, just look at the Adder Prime's Ceneter Torso with a Reverse Speed boost. Since Clan Mechs have locked engines, apply different Speed Quirks to different Legs with negative Quirks to offset the speed boost.

C: I'm not going to be able to do anything to flamers at this time.

D: I kept the leg pods available as a way of reserving space for expansion later on. You should start seeing some changes to this soon.

#598 michaelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:45 AM

Can we get away with projectile speed quirks on mechs ? Having diffrent speed er ppc for example on diffrent mechs is confusing.

#599 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostMike Forst, on 25 March 2015 - 04:07 PM, said:

From what I know, it's just best to leave flamers be for now. I'm not the best qualified to speak as to why though. I can try to get you some answers on that topic.
Any news here, Mike?

#600 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:17 AM

If nothing else, do we know the reason that the Flamer doesn't have 2x max range like every other direct-fire weapon in the game? It just cuts off right at the end of the "long range" like missiles, which really just adds insult to injury, especially because it's only 90 meters to begin with...

For changing the weapon, even if you guys can't find the time to rework it entirely, perhaps heat/damage/etc basic stats could be tweaked? Those don't require new game mechanics/coding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users