#42 Sputty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:51 PM

View Postred devil2, on 16 March 2015 - 11:45 PM, said:

Check the Zeus video, second test. 810m ER LL without modules :mellow:

After a certain point it stops being worthwhile. The Thunderbolt 5SS and Battlemaster 1S can get to 911m with modules but 1500m is the hard cap on IS ERLLs and that specific Zeus variant doesn't have energy heat quirks unlike the 1S and 5SS while having worse hardpoints

#43 charov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:59 PM

View PostSputty, on 16 March 2015 - 11:51 PM, said:

After a certain point it stops being worthwhile. The Thunderbolt 5SS and Battlemaster 1S can get to 911m with modules but 1500m is the hard cap on IS ERLLs and that specific Zeus variant doesn't have energy heat quirks unlike the 1S and 5SS while having worse hardpoints

I know it's capped but still.. 810 full damage range (or 911 in the case of the Battlemaster), without GH on 3x LL but, most important, reduced beam time vs Clan ER LL.

I should definitely test the BLR again :huh:

#44 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:31 AM

View PostCorbenik, on 16 March 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

It just means its slightly better than a summoner ;x

We don't know how many matches it took to get these results or how hard Cattra had to give the win up. Not being mean, but a well choreographed video takes good timing and practice to not look fake.

One questionmark. What's with the antenae/baton in the Grasshopper cockpit?

#45 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:19 AM

View Postaniviron, on 16 March 2015 - 04:25 PM, said:

I guess because it's hard to make a purchasing decision on a video where the demonstrator is fighting cardboard cutouts.

If, for example, the Panther video had shown a fight against a Firestarter, that would have been a pretty good metric to judge the Panther's effectiveness by; and honest, too, since more than half the lights I see these days are Firestarters. Instead, we got the Adder, a mech that was all but extinct before the weekend giveaway, and is surprisingly rare still given how many free ones were distributed.

I'm not going to comment on the piloting skill beyond to say that at least it seems representative of what I see in the solo queue a lot.

In fairness, no. PNT would and should lose to a FS9 every single time 1v1. This is not a 1v1 game though, and in a real game if a panther has a firestarter on it, it drags it into the team for assistance. Panther is a long range fire support mech, and would obviously lose to a close range brawler light that is 20 kph faster.

Please note this is not the same thing as clan lights. 127 kph is a very, very different ballgame to 106kph. plus the panther has some lovely quirks for PPCs.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 17 March 2015 - 02:20 AM.

#46 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:45 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 17 March 2015 - 02:19 AM, said:

In fairness, no. PNT would and should lose to a FS9 every single time 1v1. This is not a 1v1 game though, and in a real game if a panther has a firestarter on it, it drags it into the team for assistance. Panther is a long range fire support mech, and would obviously lose to a close range brawler light that is 20 kph faster.

Please note this is not the same thing as clan lights. 127 kph is a very, very different ballgame to 106kph. plus the panther has some lovely quirks for PPCs.

Know your tool.

#47 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:12 AM

Anyone else finding these sneak peek videos a tad underwhelming?

Don't get me wrong, it's better than nothing. But seriously, why not generate some excitement about new mechs. The previous more in depth videos were better, nothing like this, whichs gets you into atmosphere of the game... I mean mechs, they are free press, free promotional tool, why not use it...

#48 Ens

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:12 AM

Hopper has high mounted Hardpoints....woohoo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users