20 replies to this topic

#21 Gronk Win

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostArchSight, on 17 March 2015 - 03:28 PM, said:

If I ever join the IS side, I wont rely on a 10 ton increase in drop deck tonnage. I like the 240 ton drop deck's because it's fair for the under tonned mechs in each weight class. No matter on the IS side or the Clan side. Higher tons in this game = more firepower and hit points. A slight speed increase doesn't fix that advantage. So fixing it by tonnage restrictions limits the amount of firepower and armor each player can take. Making your 70 ton heavy as viable as a 75 ton heavy because your next mech will have the extra 5 tons to use. 240 is the best tonnage limit for CW because it allows player's to have 2 higher tonned mechs with two lower tonned mechs. Giving a choice between which mechs they want to be the most powerful in or moderately powerful to pass it on to another mech of their choosing.

Using tonnage to fix balance between clan's and IS can hurt the balance in public que where there isn't any tonnage limit and CW. If clans' are post to be one to one balanced vs IS in public matches, a 75 ton IS heavy should be able to reach the same performance as another 75 ton Clan heavy. If you balance on CW stats that has the added extra 10 tons into the IS, the stats will get mest up like there's a 85 tonner fighting against that 75 ton clan mech. If you transfer the CW stats to the public matches in balance passes it would mess it up by translating it into either 65 ton vs 75 tons or 85tons vs 75 tons.

That 10 extra tons is a crutch that I don't want to be caught leaning on when the Devs decide it should be taken away.

What's really making clans over powered is heat scale(Ghost Heat) but in only alpha strikes. The same Heat scale(ghost heat) IS weapon limits were transferred over to the clans. This is wrong to do because 6 IS medium laser damage of 30 does not = 6 clan ER medium laser damage of 42. Ghost heat or heat scale needs to be re-adjusted to balance these alpha strike's out. It will power creep up if IS heat scale(Ghost Heat) is buffed to have more weapons fire at a time causing lower tonned mechs to suffer like the locust that's dieing in one shot from the 35 damage front loaded Pin point damage that the IS has with it's heat scale(Ghost Heat) weapon limit's. So the Clan's need to be nerfed in terms of heat scale(Ghost Heat) to get them closer to the damage the IS is allowed to do with heat scale(Ghost Heat).

*Just had a drink every time he read Ghost Heat*

*Is now drunk*

Thanks for that, but on the serious side, that's actually a pretty strong argument.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users