Clan Pattern Flash Sale!

20 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:33 AM

STARTS: March 17th at 12:00 PM PDT (17:00 UTC)
ENDS: March 18th at 12:00 PM PDT (17:00 UTC)
Our March 17th patch is going to allow for the application of non-Faction Patterns* onto the following Clan 'Mechs (excluding their special Invasion Variants):
  • Mist Lynx
  • Ice Ferret
  • Hellbringer
  • Mad Dog
To celebrate these new customization options for the above Clan 'Mechs, we're initiating a 15% Off Flash Sale on Pattern Unlocks** for the Patterns listed below! These Patterns are available at a discount for all Clan Wave 1 and Wave 2 'Mechs***!

Dazzle

750 - 15% = 637 MC

Urban Block

750 - 15% = 637 MC

Phranken

1250 - 15% = 1062 MC

Woodland

750 - 15% = 637 MC

Tiger

750 - 15% = 637 MC

Ridgeline

750 - 15% = 637 MC

Vagabond

750 - 15% = 637 MC

Digital

750 - 15% = 637 MC

Fractal

750 - 15% = 637 MC

Buccaneer

1250 - 15% = 1062 MC

Cobra

1250 - 15% = 1062 MC

Sherman

750 - 15% = 637 MC

Tartan

1250 - 15% = 1062 MC

Virus

750 - 15% = 637 MC

Applejack

1250 - 15% = 1062 MC

Flame

1250 - 15% = 1062 MC

Raider

750 - 15% = 637 MC

Snowfall

750 - 15% = 637 MC

Crusader

750 - 15% = 637 MC

Polygon

1250 - 15% = 1062 MC

Important Info:
* Clan Faction Patterns are not on sale. ** This sale only applies to Unlocks. One-Shots are not on sale. *** Pattern support for the Gargoyle is not yet implemented.

#2 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:38 AM

Okaaaaaaay, how much of the patterns do I actually see on the Mist Lynx?

#3 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:43 AM

View PostBSK, on 17 March 2015 - 10:38 AM, said:

Lots. Dem shoulders are HUUUUGE.

Wish this was on one-shots, too, but whatever. One-shots are cheap enough.

#4 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

View PostBSK, on 17 March 2015 - 10:38 AM, said:

Digital Pattern

Posted Image

#5 sCOREscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 859 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:20 AM

Great great great ! Painting my Hellbringer! WUPWUPWUPWUP !!!! :D
Thanks PGI !!!!

#6 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:35 AM

Is this a joke?

15% off? FIFTEEN!?

Yeah, good luck with that, PGI.

#7 Juantamad

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

Everything PGI throws a complain???? If you don't have the money to buy then just ignore it.

#8 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:53 AM

While sales are good, based on previous sales, considering this will only work on non (I) primes... not worth it at only 15% off, you're simply better off waiting for another sale.
Or if this was on both one shot and unlocks, maybe

As a general rule, to make it worth an unlock, you need to have 2 camos you will change regularly, or 5 mechs + half price.

At 15% off, you still need to have 2+ you want to change often, or 9 mechs to make this the better option.

Thus far, only my Locusts (I have 7, and bought during half price sales) and preorder bonus mechs have benefited from Unlocks.
I'll probably buy another Locust pattern when it's half price next.

Also, when there's only 2 values like this, you're better off doing 2 groupings, i,e, - X, Y, Z = $$$$MC, A, B, C = ££££MC

Edited by Ovion, 17 March 2015 - 11:53 AM.

#9 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:56 AM

View PostJuantamad, on 17 March 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

Everything PGI throws a complain???? If you don't have the money to buy then just ignore it.

Oh I have the money. Not going to waste it on this, though. It barely qualifies as a "sale" at all, especially considering all previous color and pattern sales have been 50% off. You'd be a fool to buy in on this one. Something tells me PGI is only doing it to see if they can completely abandon the 50%-off sale mechanic. As such, I would VERY strongly advise everyone to ignore this sale entirely so that they don't get any bright ideas. Colors and permanent pattern unlocks are very expensive, and even at 50% off they're pretty pricey. 15% off is, like I said, a joke.

See Ovion's post for simple math if you really don't get it.

Edited by Bloodweaver, 17 March 2015 - 11:57 AM.

#10 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:03 PM

Great! LOVE IT!, but how about you unlock the Wave II cammo patterns already so we can change the colors. This was promised back in November, but nothing yet.

#11 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

View PostBloodweaver, on 17 March 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

I can post more complex math if you like. :)

#12 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

View PostBloodweaver, on 17 March 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

Oh I have the money. Not going to waste it on this, though. It barely qualifies as a "sale" at all, especially considering all previous color and pattern sales have been 50% off. You'd be a fool to buy in on this one. Something tells me PGI is only doing it to see if they can completely abandon the 50%-off sale mechanic. As such, I would VERY strongly advise everyone to ignore this sale entirely so that they don't get any bright ideas. Colors and permanent pattern unlocks are very expensive, and even at 50% off they're pretty pricey. 15% off is, like I said, a joke.

It does seem like the goal is to stop with the 50% sale prices... but honestly their whole cash pricing scheme is at least 50% high on almost all content save the mech pre-order bundles.

#13 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

^Exactly. Even their "50% off prices" are really just what the baseline prices SHOULD be. The full MC prices for pretty much everything in the game are easily double of what the reasonable prices would be, making 50% off sales pretty much the only time I buy anything with MC.

Again, I hope that most players don't buy into this sale. In fact, I strongly urge them not to. If they start making sales prices in the 15%-30% region, that's a definite closed-wallet-from-me decision. Which is a shame, because I do actually like spending money on this game.

On another note, the new Inner Sphere faction patterns are even more expensive than all previous premium patterns. 1,500 MC for unlock, 150 MC for one-shot.

Edited by Bloodweaver, 17 March 2015 - 01:47 PM.

#14 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

Still waiting for faction camos for the other clan mechs...My Tmbers!

#15 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:13 PM

When are we going to be able to put camo patterns on our Invasion variants ?

#16 delushin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 159 posts
  • LocationIn-ter-web

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:34 PM

I have taken these thing to heart in the past with regards to value for money, my personal view still remains that there is either no or very limited structure/process to these types of offers. Rather then aim for building player base and working towards continuity with a sell more for less overtime equaling greater yield strategy, the sales seem sporadic (not in release sense, more so common ground sense) and reactive rather than capitalising on upstream/future planning.

With that said, I really enjoy this game and some of the sales that happen. If I want something I buy it simple as that, regardless of the internal battle in my head.

What you have to remember is, you are not contracted, forced or obliged to purchase anything at any time. I am happy with what I have at the moment and as long as PGI keep up the events I will be here slowly working through the back log of mechs I haven't touched.

A major content release other then just waves of new models would have more potential for me to drop more cash. Hell release it as paid DLC for all I care, just for the love of god educate yourself on the failings of Destiny's DLC and release something with meat. This game has been around long enough to have more established content then it currently does, if its a resource issue (developers, wages, hardware) then you need to review your Project Execution Plan and look at some contractors with a pay on sale arrangement, I am sure you could snag some graduates or even community members who will be half the price of a 10 year vet and more than likely produce something twice as good.

Overall if actions speak louder than words (i.e. the money I have spent) I am sure PGI can see this is not having a crack its my love for this game and a want to see it last for many more years. I do think at some stage you might need an engine change though.

Edited by delushin, 17 March 2015 - 04:43 PM.

#17 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:13 PM

I love you, PGI. The camo pricing is silly.

A lot of us buy the pre-order packs so one of the variants is already camo-locked. It's not cost efficient to do permanent unlock.

Consider a new model for how you sell them.

#18 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:31 AM

If i get camos i wouldn't have enough for mechbays.

Guess i'll have to skip this then.

#19 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:07 AM

I might give a damn if I could use other patterns on (I) mechs.

#20 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:44 AM

Im with darklight on this one, This game is getting way too old for founders/hero/invader(ect,ect) to still get the short stick a this point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users