Electronic Warfare Boats... have a role in MWO ?

25 replies to this topic

#21 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

It would be nice to see the Cyclops in the game too. Depending on how the electronic warfare devices are implemented, it might be handy to also have them in a more durable mech with some firepower of its own which would stay with the main attack force while the Raven scouts ahead. That way you could get more total coverage of the battlefield.

#22 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

personally i would like to see MWO stick with the TROs. IF a Mech has the EW equipment or listed as capable of carrying EW "stuff" then it either has it or can have it (as a trade off for weapons, speed, heat sinks, armour...). If it is not listed, then I dont really want to see it in there, but that is just my opinion.

The Devs here are pretty smart guys AND they love the game (big bonus) so I suspect they will do something very reasonable in the game and not make each match a "ghost" hunt ending in a 10 meter brawl (altho those are fun too, lol)

edit added this
Wonder if we will eventually see battle armour / elementals?

Edited by vettie, 10 July 2012 - 08:21 AM.

#23 Vaktor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 271 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

We shall see how well they are implemented... If everything goes according to plan like the developers say then they shall be very useful but you never know until the game is balanced and finished... Her is hoping the game does not turn into a assault slug fest. (The developers seem to be on the right track at any rate).

#24 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

View PostGlythe, on 09 July 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

Well there was a mention by the devs (sorry no quote) that equipment was not going to require a specific hardpoint. With that in mind it seemed like the raven was a little out of place. Why use a raven for instance when you could just mount all its equipment on a different mech?

I would love to run a max speed Cicada with ECM, NARC and BAP but I feel the Raven needs something to keep it special.

Jenner with BAP, ECM, NARC, and TAG. Or, hell, C3i over NARC and TAG, or all three!

Movement: 7/11/5
Engine: 245 XL
Heat Sinks: 10 [20]
Gyro: Compact Gyro

Internal: 58 (Endo Steel)
Armor: 98/119 (Ferro-Fibrous)

ER Medium Laser LT
ER Medium Laser RT
Narc RT

Narc Pods RT (6 Shots)

Beagle Active Probe RT
C3i Computer LT
Guardian ECM Suite LT

Ultimate scout mech :D

#25 CCC Dober

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

Kurita and Comstar are pretty big on EW. I'm looking forward to see what C3i is gonna bring to the table.
Also, certain Clan Mechs are powerhouses in the EW department. It's not for nothing that Brian Cameron piloted a Loki.
Could be interesting to see the differences in equipment and abilities :D

#26 BlackAbbot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationSecret UrbanMech Production Facility

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

Steiner Scout Mech:

Atlas with ECM, BAP, a NARC beacon and TAG.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users