• Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:05 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 March 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

Streamer of the week!

Escef has been donating giveaways throughout the week on his stream!
Watch this streamer to give your support for his generosity to the community!

Well, s***...

Thanks for the recognition, I really appreciate it. For clarification, every Friday I've been giving away a 7-Day Premium Time code. I started this in February as an experiment to try to drum up followers and donations. Figured if it didn't pan out I wasn't out much and made a few people happy. But I got enough donations during the month to keep it going through March, and April is now covered as well.

I also got a few 1-Day codes recently from PGI. I want to save those for something special, like when I hit 250 followers (at 220 right now).

As for what you see in my stream, it's mostly me derping around in the solo queue, listening to classic rock/metal/techno/crazy-random-stuff (DA BEES!) a lot of friendly banter, some friendly abuse, and tips for any newbies that wander along. I don't profess to be top tier (there's a reason why I'm a member of the Barely Adequate Gamers, tag in game of "BAGr"), but most of the time I carry my weight.

My normal schedule is Monday through Friday, usually starting at 5:30 AM (sometimes a little earlier, rarely later), and ending between 8 and 9 AM (usually closer to 8), all times US East Coast.

#22 orcrist86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:50 PM

This kind of thing makes me smile

#23 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:07 PM

Cool beans, thanks for the Community Spotlight! :)

#24 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:16 AM

Very good start! Path of Exile did this and featured streamers on their page which helped both the streamer and the game itself.

I think MWO doesn't have as many Let's Play videos in the standard sense because there are not many practical objectives to meet when doing a regular Let's Play video. I think the game needs to improve in being entertaining to watch as well as to play since spectator sports are there to entertain the audience. People also like underdogs and big upsets/comebacks so to be more nailbiting MWO will need some form of comeback mechanics in the future.

#25 Gerdskies

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

this is awesome. MWO has a great community. its good to see PGI helping to show people where to look for it!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users