103 replies to this topic

#101 Glare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 192 posts
  • LocationAtreus

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

View PostTerbius, on 28 July 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

I just want to announce that I am, in fact, the leader of House Marik. Any conversation questioning the leadership structure of my house, or which implies that I am not the leader, is hereby declared Treason, and will be delt with by me Team-Killing you.

As a loyal son of House Marik, it is my sworn duty to raise a flag in civil war. It's the Marik thing to do! o3o

#102 VinnySlick

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 92 posts
  • LocationAtreus

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:29 AM

I propose (admittedly only having skimmed this thread) that individuals should only be accountable to their CO and have a say in the next rung up the ladder only. i.e. Lances elect LL's who elect Company CO, who elect Battalion CO so on and so forth.

I don't believe a general election, although perhaps a helpful indicator, would be the best method to elect high office positions.

#103 AuGuR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostStorm Fox, on 21 July 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

So is this going to Form up as a guild in game? If so, I would love to join, I did sign up on the enjin site to follow the developements! Great work so far!

Not so much a guild, more like a conglomeration of companies/regiments. The misnomer of guild, clan or any other term used to describe a group of gamers joined into a team with common goals don't necessarily apply to the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe as a whole. While in the universe itself, guilds may (do) exist, they are not used for battlemech units. Corps {pronounced cores} of Mercenary units are more times than not the exception. Semantics and terminology are important as they allow the RP'ers and lore-mongers a sense of immersion into the BattleTech/Mechwarrior universe.

Digressing here =)

Basically between the lines of communication between those representing House units and the Merc Corps aligned to Marik need to be solidified. Especially those that will participate in the meta-game/persistant universe. So a gathering of established units, House and Merc alike, needs to happen, a list drawn out.

While we can't determine the interaction between House and Merc units on a pay-scale, I'm guessing the Mercs interaction with the House will be relegated to NPC contracting (game driven, not player). To go beyond that would bring in an Eve-like interaction between House and Merc units, meaning that actual company commanders will have to pull from either personal or company/regiment funds to pay the Mercs for their loyalty... erm.. work. That being said, those Merc units aligning themselves to House Marik may have some teething issues where who's paying who comes into play.

------------------------

Any form of leadership CoC design, when trying to pull in support from either the veterans or those new to something bigger than lance/company and (sic) clan, is that any attempt to initiate such a chain of command should be done without ego or prejudice. While reading the previous posts, the majority are from the "veterans", and not so much the newer members from "splinter groups" that have aligned themselves to House Marik ("splinter groups" being post-MPBT MechWarrior gamer clans/units). I can't help to notice that IF one of the newer groups reads any of these posts will come to the conclusion that the veteran geezers think think they will be running the House. The newer groups need to have their voice heard, yet at the same time, they have to be willing to use it first ;o). That being said, it also makes me wonder what our (the veteran players) legacy for the new-comers will be. I for one would like to see House Marik survive past the days we are too old to play our part.

We can talk all we want about how voting will work, but the issue at the moment is a House divided. I thought when reading the OP topic was a call to organize the House as a whole, or at least get those that will be participating in the persistent universe meta-game on the same page. (At the same time tho to not disclude those that align themselves to the House who are just here for the mech-vs-mech funnery). Once we know who's doing what on a larger scale, that's when the discussion on voting, constitutions and CoC should be discussed. The current rumor of when the game will go open beta is supposedly sometime in September with the planetary side being put into motion about 3 months later. We still have time for all of the formalities of CoC and I am not diminishing the need for it's formation, but we need to know what our player base is first so that we may include them in this discussion as a House united.

Edited by AuGuR, 11 August 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#104 Glare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 192 posts
  • LocationAtreus

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

Well, technically speaking, mercenary corps would be pronounced as "corpse" simply because they are mercenary corporations. It's not a term for the military division of forces of the same spelling. An alternate and equally acceptable moniker is "Company", both to refer to the status of the mercenaries as an independently owned company, and because most mercenary commands are about company size.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users