69 replies to this topic

#61 Adrian Carino

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso Texas

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

For me it would have to be the Raven simply because I used it in Mechwarrior 4, and I was a huge fan of it in Mechcommander 1 and 2. It's an excellent scout mech and with the ECM, the only way you're going to pick it up is if you can target it visually which makes it ideal for quick strike and recon. It's fast as hell too which means if it gets caught, you can beat a quick retreat to your buddies.

#62 Nikolai Nabokov

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

I like the electronics on the Raven, but may tweak the design a bit once in the MechLab. But definitely the Raven.

#63 Bonefreak11

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOkinawa, Japan

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

In my experience, the Jenner is more of a harrier and the Raven more a true scout. Plus the Raven is so much more fun to pilot than the Jenner.

#64 Saren21

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

jenners are fun I would use one for a fast attack role/alt scout is my other scout gets them selfs killed. I honestly love the raven I had so much fun with it in TT and some of the MW games. RVN-4L has stealth armor now given it not gonna be around for a wile but its still a cool mech to use.

#65 Hajima Kuroko

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationThe Dirty Jerz

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:03 AM

I have fond memories of the Jenner from MW2, back when I played that game to death but was completely ignorant of the BT universe; back in those days, I put BT on the same shelf as W2K, a game played by old people with beards who argued rules incessantly when not painting their dioramas. I was busy playing games from White Wolf, mostly.

These days, I know better. This PC game has rekindled my interest in the BT universe, there is far more there than I ever thought in the past. I'm also now an old man with a beard, with more tolerance for rules crunch, and an avid interest in the HERO system, which might account for some more of the appeal. :D

I've never played this game in any form or fashion, but from what I've read the Raven looks to be a very sexy beast, indeed. ^_^ The expense will make it a down-the-road purchase, I imagine, with the Jenner fulfilling any recon/infiltration attempts I make initially, as I imagine this will be where most of my play style ends up, if previous games are any indication.

All of these build and tactical opinions are excellent food for thought, thanks to all for going into such great detail.

Edited by Hajima Kuroko, 02 August 2012 - 05:33 AM.

#66 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:09 AM

Well so far I suck *** when it comes to hitting anything so until get more practice the Raven looks like the way to go :D

#67 vikingatlarge

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts
  • LocationDallas Oregon

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

Now, lets take it up a notch. Say there's three jenners and three ravens on opposing teams, what then? I would definately be more afraid of three jenners jumping behind me and wreaking havoc than three ravens scouting. Post Script
Post Script: i love the way newbie is on my badge...i've been into battletech since most of these kids parents were in diapers.

Edited by vikingatlarge, 02 August 2012 - 05:21 AM.

#68 Twisted Power

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 500 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

You won't be able to know until we know the hardpoints of each and can compair them.

#69 sweetlime

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

I'll be running around in a Raven. It looks really cool, is more Liao, and I can't resist that tech. I'm going to be trying to put that tech to good use and survive long enough for it to make a significant difference for my team, so I won't care to have much firepower for the fights I'm trying to avoid. If dropping some weapons means I can also get some jump jets while keeping my speed, great! If not, I guess I'll be more prepared for accidental direct conflicts that arise.

#70 Shadowfist

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostLiam, on 01 July 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

Raven got a nice profile, maybe harder to hit compared to Jenner

This is actually worth considering (imo).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users