Wanted To Play Cw

14 replies to this topic

#1 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:19 PM

1 hour wasted trying to find matches or dropping against empty planets... bummer. Was looking forward too it.

#2 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:54 AM

Try again in the 2-3 hours before a ceasefire. Any other time of day is gonna be pretty dead.

#3 Tool Box

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 219 posts
  • LocationDealing with a lance of enemies by myself.

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:07 PM

Ghost Badger is right also I would caution you about playing CW solo because ... well basically unless you can do something to this effect you're not going to have fun in CW because of the amount of groups out there.Posted Image

#4 PPO Kuro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:03 AM

MWO stands for Mech Waiting Online. You wait in the 'normal' mode, you wait in CW. Well CW is even worst. Just tried playing, been waiting for 30 minutes now in 2 different queues. First I waited 10 minutes, queue almost full of players..aaand empty again...yay. I so hate the waiting in CW. Strange thing is that some EU players say they get matches in less then 5 minutes. I always seem to be waiting more then 10 and it's ticking me off big time.

Oh now as I'm typing this I get a match lol. Still Mech Waiting too long Online -_-

#5 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:17 AM

View PostPPO Kuro, on 21 March 2015 - 05:03 AM, said:

MWO stands for Mech Waiting Online. You wait in the 'normal' mode, you wait in CW. Well CW is even worst. Just tried playing, been waiting for 30 minutes now in 2 different queues. First I waited 10 minutes, queue almost full of players..aaand empty again...yay. I so hate the waiting in CW. Strange thing is that some EU players say they get matches in less then 5 minutes. I always seem to be waiting more then 10 and it's ticking me off big time.

Oh now as I'm typing this I get a match lol. Still Mech Waiting too long Online -_-

you can only wait that long if you don't have enough players. get on your faction's teamspeak, dude. coordinate with other players. I know for a fact that Kurita's teamspeak is active every night in the hours leading up to ceasefire.

#6 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:34 AM

Its in beta, really.

#7 Mavqie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:13 AM

im starting to think the game should be called german warrior online

most of the matches i have been in past few days pug or otherwise a lot of players have been communicating in german

and seing as im sure most native english speaking people dont know german it makes understanding the tactics difficult.

unless it is just a ghost bear thing seing as most of them seem to be ghost bear :o

Edited by Mavqie, 21 March 2015 - 07:14 AM.

#8 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:43 AM

View PostTool Box, on 20 March 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Ghost Badger is right also I would caution you about playing CW solo because ... well basically unless you can do something to this effect you're not going to have fun in CW because of the amount of groups out there.Posted Image

lmao talk about shaming a pre-made, nice match though tool box!

Edited by Summon3r, 21 March 2015 - 07:44 AM.

#9 Schrottfrosch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:45 AM

I am sitting in a queue atm - defending a steiner planet. There seem to be plenty defenders but not enough attackers. Should I just quit the contract and join the opposing forces?

Or do I HAVE to join a unit for this thing?

edit:
17 minutes now....

my team seems to be full, but no attackers.

What is this ceasefire thing and when is it?

Edited by Schrottfrosch, 21 March 2015 - 07:57 AM.

#10 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:57 AM

It's faster if you make a 12 man group and queue since the other side will fill up fast if that is the case. You can always just wait outside and see if there are any groups about to fill up to 12 and join that instead. It's good that they are adding maps and such but the hassle of finding a CW match takes a bit away from the experience.

#11 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:38 AM

View PostSchrottfrosch, on 21 March 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

You don't HAVE to but it's way more fun and a lot less waiting if you do.
You're invited to visit us on our Teamspeak, we always have several 12 mans going.

http://www.12donegal.de just click the TS viewer

View PostMavqie, on 21 March 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

im starting to think the game should be called german warrior online

most of the matches i have been in past few days pug or otherwise a lot of players have been communicating in german

and seing as im sure most native english speaking people dont know german it makes understanding the tactics difficult.

unless it is just a ghost bear thing seing as most of them seem to be ghost bear :o

I don't know which timezone you are playing, but if you drop on the Steiner front during European hours you'll meet a lot of German players for sure.

The 12th Donegal Guards will stand between any Clanner and Terra.
Not that we have any choice of course, hard to get out of the way with all those Assaults ;)

#12 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:36 AM

I am sitting in a queue atm - defending a steiner planet. There seem to be plenty defenders but not enough attackers. Should I just quit the contract and join the opposing forces?

edit:
17 minutes now....

my team seems to be full, but no attackers.

What is this ceasefire thing and when is it?

if you have 12 people and queue up against a world where no one is fighting you will wait ten minutes as the counter counts up, then ten more as it counts down, then drop on an empty world where only turrets oppose you. this is called 'ghost dropping' and it blows. no one likes to do it (except davions, only way they get a win ha ha ha ha)

if you have fewer than 12 people and queue up against a world nothing will happen. you will wait forever, until the servers update and spit you out to the login screen.

if you want to get games, find 12 like minded buddies and create a faction group so you can drop together. choose a world that has got some multiple of 12 opponents (you can see what worlds have what numbers of players on the list on the right hand side of the paper map, and can choose planets directly from that list instead of clicking their dots)

once 24 players are in, 12 attackers and 12 defenders, you have a one minute countdown to make sure all your mechs are to your liking. use your time to coordinate mechs with your team, so that you don't have some joke loadout like an LRM100 crab on the same drop wave (there are four waves, because you bring four mechs) as an 8 pulse laser firestarter. you generally want to have mostly the same roles as a unit, so you get 12 snipers or 12 brawlers in a wave. the exception is that you can almost always use a couple of light scouts.

heres the thing though. if you're not on teamspeak and in an organized group you will almost certainly get stomped. it doesn't have to be a permanent unit but naturally those are better since you know how they play and can coordinate your drops better with guys who you've shared mech plans with. if you don't want to invest in a mic or you just hate people's voices with an irrational hate or you're afraid that a unit will demand more time than you feel like investing (it shouldn't, no one in my unit has to play ever) then don't join one, but probably you should avoid CW.

#13 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:53 AM

Of course you don't have to join a unit to do CW. Why would that be a bad thing anyway lol?

Anyway first port of call for you would be: http://mwomercs.com/...-house-steiner/
Then have a look at: http://mwomercs.com/...iner-teamspeak/

Say hi, hopefully make some new friends and profit.

#14 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:25 AM

Just so you and all pugs who drop solo know

A lot of CJF units believe in the Mongol doctrine

So it won't be a good experience for you if you drop against us, may want to stay out of our way

Edited by Grimwill, 24 March 2015 - 08:26 AM.

#15 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:56 AM

the mongol doctrine? I don't see how that applies to getting beaten by pugs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users