Static Hud For Freelook (Oculus Rift/head Tracking)

1 reply to this topic

#1 Kiblams

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:50 AM

I think that Pirahna should seriously consider making more HUD elements such as the map and mech status panels static in free look, at present they follow the users head which is very disorientating when trying to face the crosshairs to fire weapons.

This is a very real issue for headtracking users who use trackIR etc. And while I have no experience of the oculus rift, I would be very surprised if its not going to suffer the same issues with disorientation.

The crosshairs are currently static to the torso/cockpit so I wouldn't think its too hard to do the same for the other larger HUD elements.

#2 Kissamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:00 PM

Agreed. When I take a quick glance at the side and then back, the crosshair takes extra time to find and orient to. Also with the inferior facetracking based headtracking I am currently using (thinking of getting EDTracker), drift is common and it's pretty jittery. With the most of the HUD following my view and me instinctively adjusting with mouse it feels like it's the crosshair that is jittering and drifting out of alignment, not my view. I suspect it might be clearer with the HUD staying put.

One thing that really should stay put at the center of the screen is the advanced zoom window. Very disorienting when that thing moves around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users