The Proof That Clanners Do Not Care About Cw.

21 replies to this topic

#1 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:48 AM

Kurita has reached Terra, Kurita wins. The CLANS are nowhere near it. Now come and tell me that the CLANS are not doing CW just for C-Bills and mech bays...

#2 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:34 AM

View PostDaFrog, on 21 March 2015 - 05:48 AM, said:

Kurita has reached Terra, Kurita wins. The CLANS are nowhere near it. Now come and tell me that the CLANS are not doing CW just for C-Bills and mech bays...

A lot of people are doing the CW for peasant money and mech bays. I personally like the game mode more than the other game modes but I am sure people like flipping dots on the map as well. Each to their own.

#3 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:53 AM

You were practically sitting beside Terra at the start and it took you this long to get there? Tsk! Tsk!

#4 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:19 AM

This thread reminds me of a bridge for some reason.

#5 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:17 AM

Tough words from a guy who ejected from 3 mechs, overheated his 4th in spawn, and disconnected rather than play the game. So tell me, why exactly are YOU playing CW?

#6 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:37 AM

Clans are as close to Terra as never. How exactly does that count towards not caring about cw?

#7 Tuefel Hunden

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:25 AM

I wanted the Gazelle Dropship....

#8 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:46 PM

Kurita can not really take Terra. None of the Successor States understand HPG technology. Terra is the main hub of the HPG network. As such, fighting on Terra is the surest way to black out communications between the stars and that is not a risk any of the houses are willing to take. Some of the houses have means to communicate without the use of HPGs but they are slower, more limited, and not very wide spread. That is why Terra has been able to remain neutral all this time.

The Clans on the other hand, never lost HPG technology. So attacking Terra would not harm their communications much, if at all.

Of course, fighting for Terra is probably a thing none of us will do since the idea is that the map should persist without resets after the beta is over.

#9 delushin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 159 posts
  • LocationIn-ter-web

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:00 PM

CW is awesome and the new map gives me hope of things to come, I dream of a world where salvage actually means something, where we need to upkeep out strongholds and forward posts with resources. I dream of a world where when you die in CW your mech is destroyed and others can collect salvage, I dream of a world where choice and alliance matters.

EVE-Warrior Online

Also fix CTDT.

#10 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:48 PM

The goal of the Clans is to be the first to liberate Terra from the corrupt rulers of the Inner Sphere and reestablish the Star League. Kurita is part of the Inner Sphere, so it does not matter that the Daconis Combine reached it. It just means that they will have the honor of fighting the Jade Falcons as we push through you to our prize.

#11 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:56 AM

View Postdelushin, on 23 March 2015 - 04:00 PM, said:

CW is awesome and the new map gives me hope of things to come, I dream of a world where salvage actually means something, where we need to upkeep out strongholds and forward posts with resources. I dream of a world where when you die in CW your mech is destroyed and others can collect salvage, I dream of a world where choice and alliance matters.

EVE-Warrior Online

Also fix CTDT.

you probably also dream of a world where people are equally treated, huh? that means, not anytime soonTM

#12 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:27 AM

View PostRouken, on 23 March 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

Kurita can not really take Terra. None of the Successor States understand HPG technology. Terra is the main hub of the HPG network. As such, fighting on Terra is the surest way to black out communications between the stars and that is not a risk any of the houses are willing to take. Some of the houses have means to communicate without the use of HPGs but they are slower, more limited, and not very wide spread. That is why Terra has been able to remain neutral all this time.

Not really true. Terra is not central to HPG communications as evident when WoB captured Terra and Comstar still providing communications in the galaxy. Some houses had acces to a few HPG stations and the technology by the time of the invasion or atleast after Comstar's Operation Scorpion failed. Before the invasions Comstar had a complete monopoly and a seeming neutrality and attacking Comstar interests would have resulted in an interdiction.

#13 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:40 AM

Now come and tell me that the EVERYONE IS not doing CW just for C-Bills and mech bays...

FTFY. Changing the battle fronts and 'owning' planets is nice...but the only thing it does is stroke your ego.

#14 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:28 AM

The amount of people who care about CW is rather small in general.

#15 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:39 AM

CW is fun, but no competitive unit really care about game mode in which one side have superior mech and other side have inferior mech.

Good player win regardless of mech, but when good player meet good player and only one side have top mech, what is point?

#16 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:12 AM

I don't believe a lot of people care about CW for a variety of reasons, look at how many Faction tagged people I find outside it.

Honestly, look at the map, MWO game year 3050, Clans are doing better here than historically, their 5th wave did not happen until Winter 3051-3052. Compare the 4 waves to what is in CW now since they happen in the same game year.

#17 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:22 AM

OP needs to re read his lore, the Draconis combine was never after terra so the fact that you are near it means nothing

#18 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:28 AM

View PostR79TCom1 Night Lanner, on 23 March 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

The goal of the Clans is to be the first to liberate Terra from the corrupt rulers of the Inner Sphere and reestablish the Star League. Kurita is part of the Inner Sphere, so it does not matter that the Daconis Combine reached it. It just means that they will have the honor of fighting the Jade Falcons as we push through you to our prize.

Only to find out that we already reached it and took it weeks before you arrived :ph34r:

#19 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:45 AM

View PostTheSilken, on 24 March 2015 - 08:28 AM, said:

Only to find out that we already reached it and took it weeks before you arrived :ph34r:

Uh no your faction has never been anywhere near terra you made huge advances cause your faction was on easy mode with no one in house kurita. Now that kurita has people, smoke jaguar can not advance, you didn't think you were going to ghost drop your way to terra?

#20 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:31 PM

We have taken at least 4 planets in the last couple days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users