22 replies to this topic

#1 ninq

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:54 AM

Hello,

I'm getting quite frustrated with this match score business, the last two challenges have been about it and I've both times had a bit of a hard time getting up to the winning amount.

I wondered why seeing as I get lots of assists and generally at least 1 kill and I play the objective no matter if it's "normal" games or CW.

So, what do I actually have to do to get my match score up?
What is the secret?

EDIT:
I mainly play CW.

Edited by ninq, 21 March 2015 - 03:37 PM.

#2 PurpleNinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:04 AM

Damage and kills.
PTFO nets you very few points.

#3 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:07 AM

I made a thread here but it looks like rewards 2.0 adds to the Match score...

Remember... your Match Score is:

10% of your Damage Score
+1 for Each Spotting Assist
+1 for each Kill Assist
+1 for each Kill
+1 for Each Component Destruction
+1 for Cap Assist

+10 if you Win (whatever gametype)

-5 for Team Kills

source

EDIT: Looks Like Rewards 2.0 have changed this formula somewhat from the Posts below. I"m not 100 percent sure but sometimes your MAtch Score will be higher than this Formula

Edited by LORD TSARKON, 21 March 2015 - 09:08 AM.

#4 ninq

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:36 AM

View PostPurpleNinja, on 21 March 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

Damage and kills.
PTFO nets you very few points.

And that is stupid in my opinion.. :/

View PostLORD TSARKON, on 21 March 2015 - 09:07 AM, said:

I made a thread here but it looks like rewards 2.0 adds to the Match score...

Remember... your Match Score is:

10% of your Damage Score
+1 for Each Spotting Assist
+1 for each Kill Assist
+1 for each Kill
+1 for Each Component Destruction
+1 for Cap Assist

+10 if you Win (whatever gametype)

-5 for Team Kills

source

EDIT: Looks Like Rewards 2.0 have changed this formula somewhat from the Posts below. I"m not 100 percent sure but sometimes your MAtch Score will be higher than this Formula

Aha! Secret revealed!

I did think it had something to do with damage, which I really don't like looking at my "play the objective" style..

Thanks for the link as well! :)

#5 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:05 AM

UAV's, well good placed ones anyways, give a huge boost to match score.

#6 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,062 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:08 AM

The objective of game is the destruction the enemy force.

It seems impossible that 30 points is not obtainable for some. Are you using stock Locusts?

Equip a UAV for earning more match points. The 40,000 c-bill cost is more than off set by the c-bill and premium time prizes.

Edited by Spheroid, 21 March 2015 - 10:08 AM.

#7 Lynx7725

• 1,710 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:44 AM

Basically that formula works. If you play to the objective, and win, it's +10 points, so 30 is actually very low. Not impossible to miss -- I was testing out some Dire Whale configs and being a poor Whale pusher I easily missed many. If you are halfway decent in a chassis though, it should be ok.

With Rewards 2.0, my playstyle is actually generating a significant percentage of points, easily 20 points in a good game. Scouting, flanking, hit and run, all seems to add up significantly. The main thing is to work as a team to secure the win, and the scores would come naturally because it seems many of the points are about sticking together and helping each other out.

#8 ninq

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 21 March 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

The objective of game is the destruction the enemy force. It seems impossible that 30 points is not obtainable for some. Are you using stock Locusts? Equip a UAV for earning more match points. The 40,000 c-bill cost is more than off set by the c-bill and premium time prizes.

I wouldn't say that tbh, in conquest surely the objective is to capture most points to win..?

And no. I own quite a few mechs.

Will look into UAVs seeing as there are 2 recommendations for that. :)

#9 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:51 AM

Keep in mind that, if you do win, you only need 20 points from other sources. 200 damage should be trivial in most circumstances, and every other reward source you get lowers the damage required.

Really, 30 match score is as close to a gimme as PGI is likely to get for things like c-bills and MC.

#10 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:53 AM

View Postninq, on 21 March 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

So, what do I actually have to do to get my match score up?
What is the secret?

First, you need to know the basic match score calculation. Take your damage, divide it by ten, and that's your base. Add 10 if you won the match, +1 for any kills, assists, spotting assists, or component destructions you got.

Then have a read through the Rewards 2.0 list. Not all of these add to the match score, but at least some do. Which ones, however, isn't well known at this time.

Your best bet to get a high match score is to do as much damage as possible, it's still the lion's part of the match score.

#11 Lynx7725

• 1,710 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:17 PM

Posted Image

Case in point, a recent game.

I had 542 damage, which translate to 55 points (they round up). +7 points for Kills and Assists, +4 for components and spots (not shown above). That's 66 points for the base, +10 for the win, so 76 points. So 16 points come from Rewards 2.0, which would be things like scouting, flanking, but as pointed out, it's unclear at the moment what adds. 16 points is quite significant, and especially for lights, can make it a lot easier to break 30.

#12 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:22 PM

I've been asking for 30 point match score challenges and tournaments because getting a kill an assist and winning was just too dang hard.

#13 Vahnn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 357 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationFargo

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:26 PM

You kidding?! This match score event is fantastic! Of the 70 I've been able to play so far, I've failed to qualify for 13, and that's because I was experimenting with goofy builds or 100% screwing around. I even get 30 points easily in my Locust 1V with a single ERLL and Advanced Zoom.

MORE MATCH SCORE EVENTS, FOR ALL ETERNITY!

Edited by Vahnn, 21 March 2015 - 02:27 PM.

#14 ninq

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:50 PM

It seems that everyone is happy-no-problem when it comes to the match score in "normal" games (what the hell are they called..?).

I've done okay in those games apart from when I've spawned pretty much on the lap of an enemy, which seem to happen a lot come to think of it..

CW is ,well, CW.. but I have noticed that my LRMs are pretty useless at times, I believe PPCs, LLs or ballistics would be to favor to actually get a high damage score and the Jaegers stuck-in-my-tshirt-arms would be very handy compared to my mad cats trying-to-touch-the-ground-arms..

And yes, higher damage is the key.
Tracked my games for the night and when I don't get high enough damage I'm screwed, no matter how many kills, assists, component destructions or spottings I do.

#15 S Phoenix

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:00 PM

Not quite correct....

http://mwomercs.com/...63-match-score/

#16 Jayce Haebdun

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:59 PM

I've got to say, when I'm in a light and I'm asked to go back-cap the enemy field in Conquest, I'm just thinking about how low my score will be. The whole idea of back-capping is to go where the enemy isn't--so I'm getting +1 per base I take. It's horrible. I'd rather focus on doing 300 damage, to be perfectly honest.

The other reward 2.0 stuff is great, I get lots of points for spotting, flanking, protecting, assisting, etc. But there's zero incentive to go back cap.

Edited by Jayce Haebdun, 09 August 2015 - 04:59 PM.

#17 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:03 PM

I've been getting 30 in my unskilled Urbanmech while on the losing team, I don't see how it could be that hard. CW might be a different story, as PUG Stomps are very real.

#18 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:40 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 21 March 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

The objective of game is the destruction the enemy force.

It seems impossible that 30 points is not obtainable for some. Are you using stock Locusts?

Equip a UAV for earning more match points. The 40,000 c-bill cost is more than off set by the c-bill and premium time prizes.

My third Assault was won by Cap. I had 200 damage, 2 assists and still scored over 30 points.

#19 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:57 AM

John Q Rambone, doesn't get the match score often enough. Neither does LEEEEROY JENKINS....

Play like https://youtu.be/0B5lFuTUhso

#20 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:57 AM

View PostSamurai Phoenix, on 11 April 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

Most interesting -- I always had a gut feeling that it takes a bit less to get those 30 points in a light compared to mediums/heavies. With all these "gather 30 points or more" events you do start to pay attention to this.

I had figured that maybe the match score formula considers the weight of your own mech, but I guess it's just those "protected light" points racking up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users