• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:04 AM

I was thinking of different battlefield implementations and how they could be used in MWO, and thought of a detachable ECM pod. It would be used as a UAV, but instead of locating targets, it jams all enemy radar & ECM for 25s (basic) & 40s (adv). Still keep the same targeting rules of any mechs with in the 180m bubble still target-able, but that info isn't shared between the team. Have the radius be 200m and it would be a silver pod on the ground emitting a blue or green light. So it would be able to be destroyed just like the UAV but would be more difficult since you would not be able to lock on to it.

Whats the thoughts on this? I envision this mainly being used by light mechs or fast mediums, get near the enemy unseen, drop this on the main group with a UAV and while the enemy team is checking for ECM mechs the team moves in under LRM cover and takes down the team.

Would help fulfill the scout role for light mechs and make use of the technology that would be available in the 31st century.

#2 orcrist86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:26 AM

Counter UAV? Interesting.

#3 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:31 AM

View PostGlxy Cmdt Jason Tseng, on 22 March 2015 - 08:04 AM, said:

I was thinking of different battlefield implementations and how they could be used in MWO, and thought of a detachable ECM pod. It would be used as a UAV, but instead of locating targets, it jams all enemy radar & ECM for 25s (basic) & 40s (adv). Still keep the same targeting rules of any mechs with in the 180m bubble still target-able, but that info isn't shared between the team. Have the radius be 200m and it would be a silver pod on the ground emitting a blue or green light. So it would be able to be destroyed just like the UAV but would be more difficult since you would not be able to lock on to it.

Whats the thoughts on this? I envision this mainly being used by light mechs or fast mediums, get near the enemy unseen, drop this on the main group with a UAV and while the enemy team is checking for ECM mechs the team moves in under LRM cover and takes down the team.

Would help fulfill the scout role for light mechs and make use of the technology that would be available in the 31st century.

Genius! Make it so!

#4 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:42 AM

I love the idea.
Would you be against having the pod visibly equipped to your 'mech so that a savvy sniper could destroy it before you can drop it?

PS, I'd also love to see Smoke Launchers and Chaff >_>

#5 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:49 AM

View PostReitrix, on 22 March 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

PS, I'd also love to see Smoke Launchers and Chaff >_>

Basically, what he's talking about would be mechanically identical to chaff for most purposes, but could also be destroyed. Either way, I think it's a fine idea.

And I've been saying for a while now that we could use a "red smoke" canister as a Dummy Strike.

#6 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostEscef, on 22 March 2015 - 08:49 AM, said:

Basically, what he's talking about would be mechanically identical to chaff for most purposes, but could also be destroyed. Either way, I think it's a fine idea.

And I've been saying for a while now that we could use a "red smoke" canister as a Dummy Strike.

I was thinking more like chaff for throwing off tracking missiles. Like getting stuck under an unpleasant LRM rain while engaging at close range, throw up a cloud of Chaff to throw off the missiles incoming.

Also pretty sure even Russ has mentioned that he likes the idea of Smokes for Dummy Strikes.
More variety in consumables would be amazing in general ^^

#7 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:00 AM

Countermeasures, in general, would be a great idea, ECM, smoke, flares.

#8 Glxy Cmdr Jason Tseng

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:43 PM

Bump.

Can we get Tina to take this to Paul or someone who can put this in the game?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users