9 replies to this topic

#1 SneakyNZ

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:48 AM

As per the title, I'd love to be able to use patterns on special mechs. :)

Sounds like something easy to achieve from a development perspective and will make our mechbays look super sexy!

#2 FerrolupisXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 502 posts
  • LocationCatapult Cockpit

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

we've been asking for this since closed beta, still nothing.

we can dream though

#3 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

Honestly I am actually pretty opposed to this idea. If you could change the camo pattern on the "special" 'Mechs, then there is really no distinguishing them visually from standard 'Mechs.
If you do not like the fixed camo (and sometimes even fixed colors) on "special" 'Mechs, then just buy standard 'Mechs. Maybe no C-bill/XP bonus, but your "main" concern is now addressed. ;) :P

#4 SneakyNZ

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:20 PM

View PostWonderSparks, on 22 March 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

If you do not like the fixed camo (and sometimes even fixed colors) on "special" 'Mechs, then just buy standard 'Mechs. Maybe no C-bill/XP bonus, but your "main" concern is now addressed. ;) :P

Yeah, that's the problem - I have a few special 'Mechs and honestly can't be bothered paying for and playing with the same non-special variant. Given it costs more gets you less in the long run just to play with some patterns / colours I have already bought (At a significant cost btw!).

Surely asking for something like this isn't out of the question eh? For those that want to look like the original special skin could hit the "Home/reset" button? That way it's a win win! :)

#5 AkoolPopTart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationApartment

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:36 PM

I hear light battle damage is in this year.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by AkoolPopTart, 22 March 2015 - 08:39 PM.

#6 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:53 AM

View PostSneakyNZ, on 22 March 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

As per the title, I'd love to be able to use patterns on special mechs. :)

Sounds like something easy to achieve from a development perspective and will make our mechbays look super sexy!

This has been asked for all the times and PGI finally seems to realize they let money lay on the street. Because players that allready payed for their mechs with 30%C-Bill bonus are very likely to spend more money on individualizing the mechs they love to play and grind with. So it allready was confirmed that Invasion mechs will get clan pattern camo support. And hopefully full camo support on all special mechs will follow.

To make PGI aware that we want to spend money to customize our beloved special mechs please leave a post here:
http://mwomercs.com/...invasion-mechs/

The more players tell PGI the sooner they might do it! So spread the word please! :)

Honestly I am actually pretty opposed to this idea. If you could change the camo pattern on the "special" 'Mechs, then there is really no distinguishing them visually from standard 'Mechs.

Honestly if you don't want to change the special camo on your special mech than don't do it on your mech.
But you have absolutely no right to to tell me or others how they camo or color their mechs!

#7 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:02 AM

View PostAkoolPopTart, on 22 March 2015 - 08:36 PM, said:

I hear light battle damage is in this year.
Posted Image

Say, that's a fine lookin' Marauder there...

#8 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:26 PM

View PostSneakyNZ, on 22 March 2015 - 07:20 PM, said:

Surely asking for something like this isn't out of the question eh? For those that want to look like the original special skin could hit the "Home/reset" button? That way it's a win win! :)

Not out of the question, I suppose not. I mean, everyone is entitled to an opinion and their own desires. And frankly, while it does not coincide with what I think should be, it is possible that one could prompt a change to allow modification of the camo pattern of "special" 'Mechs, and then, as you say, everyone wins. (Except the noob who mistook that Ilya Muromets for a standard Cataphract because it looked just like one :P As an example. ;) )

And as the other guy who quoted my post said, it would be nice to have the option and not have to change the camo. In fact, I love having options, so at the end of the day I suppose I do sort of support the idea. :ph34r:

...And then there is the (off-topic) significant portion of the Clan 'Mech patterns that are unchangeable, especially on the (I) variants. THAT is something I very much want to see changed. >w>

#9 FerrolupisXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 502 posts
  • LocationCatapult Cockpit

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:37 AM

at any sort of range, you can hardly use camo pattern as a distinguishing factor anyways. so why does it matter? its difficult to tell a Misery apart from a regular stalker until you see it fire, or you happen to get a good look at it from the side and see the Ballistic mount. Also, you can change the paint on them anyways. so i can just paint the Jester (with its... distinctive... paint scheme) all black and you'd never tell it apart from a K2 until you got shot. really a moot point. Further, you can usually tell an IS hero just by what you're shot with. random Hunchback just Gauss you? bet its a Grid Iron. that Griffon hit you with a ton of lasers and no missiles? Sparky. aforementioned Stalker shoots an ac-20 at you? Misery. point is, the paint is not a significant factor in distinguishing the mech.

Most peoples biggest complaint is not even IS heros. its mechs with the Invasion tag. their base camo is hideous. Primary channel makes the whole top half of your mech one solid colour. secondary makes a weird faded stripe along the edge of the Primary. and Tertiary does not function so your lower half is stuck unpainted clan mech grey. its just plain bad.

The biggest offenders for most of us are the Clan Invasion chassis. their pattern is downright ugly.

#10 WildeKarde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:12 AM

I've been trying that but can't seem to get my ECM to work on the standard locust instead of pirates bane. Might need a support ticket to sort it.

:D

There should be a simple caveat that if you change the camo to standard you lose the xp and/or cbills bonus of the special mech. You've got the option to change it easily without needing to rebuy anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users