Pgi Fix Your Game

15 replies to this topic

#1 Fonzie260

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:30 AM

I know with all the cry babies crying about IS/Clan balance it's hard to focus on important things.

You know like the game not randomly closing and dumping you to your desktop while in combat.

If you can't or won't fix major issues like that it forces me as a player who has supported PGI from the time I started playing MWO to withdraw my support.

So Fix the basics guys then you can worry about the balance and looks ect.

Thank you

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:32 AM

Ever since of the recent patches, I've been having nearly constant CTD's. Like, at least once every 5 matches or so (estimating). Way too damn often.

Fortunately for me it always happens at map start rather than during combat, but it still sucks popsickles either way.

#3 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:32 AM

They should actually send a tech to each player's house so they can inspect their individual PCs and tweak a special game client customized for each player

#4 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:17 PM

Seeing as my game is running well - no crashes, no connection issues, stable ping - I'm not quite convinced the blame is entirely PGI's.

#5 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:18 PM

Nah it's everyone just about to blame. It's never one sided you know...

#6 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:20 PM

Huh, since the last patch I've had only one out of at least a hundred games...

The patch before last I was crashing every 5.

I did use the repair util yesterday...

Edited by RoboPatton, 23 March 2015 - 12:21 PM.

#7 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

I have a thought:

I rarely have any issues with this game at all.

Something I probably did differently than most people is not install MWO in the default c:\Program Files\... folder but in a Games\Piranha\ folder on my other HD.

Anyone else have it installed elsewhere and have fewer issues?

#8 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

View PostcSand, on 23 March 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

I have a thought:

I rarely have any issues with this game at all.

Something I probably did differently than most people is not install MWO in the default c:\Program Files\... folder but in a Games\Piranha\ folder on my other HD.

Anyone else have it installed elsewhere and have fewer issues?

My issues literally only started about a patch or two ago. It's not the installation folder.

#9 orcrist86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:57 PM

I had my first ctd in 2 years yesterday

#10 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:59 PM

All good here. No CTD's.

#11 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

The game is much more stable now, I haven't been experiencing a crash in ages even in my low end PC.

#12 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:05 PM

View Poststjobe, on 23 March 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

Seeing as my game is running well - no crashes, no connection issues, stable ping - I'm not quite convinced the blame is entirely PGI's.

So if 100% of my other games have no CTD's but MWO does then its my systems or my computer maintenance skills fault. Same with many of my unit mates. Roll the damn D6 every start of the match and if it's 1... Crash time!

#13 Prof RJ Gumby

• The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:10 PM

My noob experience with ctd goes as follows: When I installed it first I crashed every few games, 5-10. After one of the recent patches that claimed to fix it, I ctd-ed on my second game... then had zero ctd for a few days. Then one eveneing I started to ctd every second game. Then I stopped getting ctd's at all. Few days later, another ctd streak. Since then - not a single one. No idea what is going on, but I don't have much problem with that. 95% of the cases I was back before the countdown. Never had any problem getting back

#14 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

View Poststjobe, on 23 March 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

Same for me - though admittedly the ebb and flow switches up between patches. Sometimes lots of crashes. Mostly none. Upgrading video card drivers helped me during the last crash-o-rama.

#15 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostCurccu, on 23 March 2015 - 01:05 PM, said:

So if 100% of my other games have no CTD's but MWO does then its my systems or my computer maintenance skills fault. Same with many of my unit mates. Roll the damn D6 every start of the match and if it's 1... Crash time!

I have a friend, reasonably computer literate (not a professional like me) who used to play MWO. He stopped, because he had random CTDs that would lock his computer up completely half the time. He had no issues with any other game than MWO.

We spent hours upon hours troubleshooting his computer; software, hardware, everything. Couldn't find a fault, but MWO kept crashing on him. So finally he stopped playing it.

A couple of months back he got a new computer and I convinced him to give MWO a spin again.

He hasn't crashed since.

So no, it might not be PGI's fault. And no shadow on you or your computer skills. It just might be a very, very hard-to-find problem with your computer or your connection.

#16 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

When MW:O crashes ones PC but game X, Y and Z don't it's fairly easy to blame the game...

But I found far too often certain games (particularly ones that thrash systems like MW:O) tend to expose chinks in the proverbial PC armor.

Memory and heat issues tend to be the biggest offenders.

Oh and OC'd PCs seem to take issue with the stress-test called MW:O like no burn-in program thus devised :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users