U/ac/lbx 2

11 replies to this topic

#1 Tidy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:24 AM

Hey wanted to see the community discuss the outrageous suggestion of making the title weapons 1/2 the currant weight or more, plus the added bonus of more ammo per ton.

Reasoning behind this is for more hitscanless weapons for med/lights to use, also seeing as they are considered "support weapons" but at main guns weight cost I would like to see the consideration of these weapons in more interesting build idea's.

IS AC/2 @ 6t = 3t
ammo per 1t, 75 = 100

C-U/AC/LBX/2 @ 5t = 2.5t
C-U/AC/2 ammo 150 = 200
C-LBX/2 ammo 75 = 100

^Would look like that at 1/2 weight.

Whats your thoughts?

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:32 AM

The LB 2-X has a velocity of 1330 m/s right now, compared to 2000 m/s for the other class-2 Autocannons. I don't even know how the heck that happened.

For their tonnage, PGI isn't going to change that. It's off the table. Ammo increases however are possible, just not very likely because they rarely deviate from 1 ton = 150 damage for ballistic ammo. Reduced heat would also help with weight but again they don't want to play with ballistic heat other than the IS AC/20 for some reason.

Ultimately, class-2 Autocannons are mostly Legacy Features at this point.

Edited by FupDup, 24 March 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#3 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostFupDup, on 24 March 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

The LB 2-X has a velocity of 1330 m/s right now, compared to 2000 m/s for the other class-2 Autocannons. I don't even know how the heck that happened.

Maybe the boating direwhales caused it.

#4 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

View PostCorbenik, on 24 March 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

Maybe the boating direwhales caused it.

It happened before the Clan Invasion was even injected into live servers. It was probably a copy-paste from the LB 5-X that got overlooked.

#5 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostFupDup, on 24 March 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

It happened before the Clan Invasion was even injected into live servers. It was probably a copy-paste from the LB 5-X that got overlooked.

Our ghost heat creator is bad at the copypasta.

#6 Tidy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:04 PM

For their tonnage, PGI isn't going to change that. It's off the table.

Ultimately, class-2 Autocannons are mostly Legacy Features at this point.

If a majority of a customer base speak up I would think PGI would need to move the table and catch whats going off.

#7 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:05 PM

View PostTidy, on 24 March 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

If a majority of a customer base speak up I would think PGI would need to move the table and catch whats going off.

They've so far taken a hardline to avoid messing with TT tonnage values. It would overall just be a lot easier to get them to change other weapon attributes to make them worth the tonnage investment.

#8 Tidy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostFupDup, on 24 March 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

They've so far taken a hardline to avoid messing with TT tonnage values. It would overall just be a lot easier to get them to change other weapon attributes to make them worth the tonnage investment.

I always hear this TT counter from PGI, and to be frank they need to losen up.
AC/2 dont work for heavy's or some med's as ac/5 is better. Some med's and all lights have only MG's as a usable option on B'hardpoints.
AC/2 with a small weight change could fill a huge void of options on these barren mech build's.

#9 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:15 PM

View PostTidy, on 24 March 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

AC/2 dont work for heavy's or some med's as ac/5 is better. Some med's and all lights have only MG's as a usable option on B'hardpoints.
AC/2 with a small weight change could fill a huge void of options on these barren mech build's.

Until they decide to loosen up, all we can do is work with what we've been given. Things like faster cooldown, lowered heat, more ammo per ton, and/or other things would help make the guns worth the tonnage investment they require.

Side-note: Ammo and heat changes would actually reduce the "effective" tonnage of the weapon by allowing you to carry fewer tons of ammo and/or fewer heatsinks.

#10 vamrat

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostTidy, on 24 March 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

This.

If I could afford to fit more than one AC/UAC2 on a smaller mech you better believe I would be taking them.

I love the balistic weapons in this game (and would be a dirty liar if I didn't admit it is because I like the sound it makes...)

#11 Tidy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostFupDup, on 24 March 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

Side-note:

Yes I saw your side note from the start, only problem is boater options are still limited and I realy want to see more build's being used.
To see this with only what we have right now it would take ammo @ 1t = 450shots, with crazy quirks of -75% cooldown and killer heat ones, that is alot more work for a few more build options.

Lets face it AC/2 is bad even boated by anything, but a nice little side effect is screen shake. Imagine a light or med supporting a brawl with screenshake and tickle dmg. Thats sounds realy appealing.

Edited by Tidy, 24 March 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#12 dimachaerus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 170 posts
  • LocationRichmond KY

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostTidy, on 24 March 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

Yes I saw your side note from the start, only problem is boater options are still limited and I realy want to see more build's being used.
To see this with only what we have right now it would take ammo @ 1t = 450shots, with crazy quirks of -75% cooldown and killer heat ones, that is alot more work for a few more build options.

Lets face it AC/2 is bad even boated by anything, but a nice little side effect is screen shake. Imagine a light or med supporting a brawl with screenshake and tickle dmg. Thats sounds realy appealing.

Blackjack or Adder-B with the right ballistic arm, both are nasty little AC2 boats and can rather quickly buzzsaw things to death.

I'd support lowered heat, and maybe some extra ammo per ton, along with a slight ROF increase. But most of all, I'd want them removed from ghost heat entirely, my poor Adder with 2xUAC2's gets shafted by ghost heat pretty heavily.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users