#102 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:08 AM

View PostCocoaJin, on 26 March 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

Apparently, he is the Michael Bay of BT, causing every superficial man-child to fixate on the eye-candy instead of immersive, in-depth gameplay. Stackpoling is just an egregious and blasphemous, self-serving attention grab. Fusion gens don't up like many atomic bombs or micro-super Novas....and we certainly shouldn't see them every match...or even every few matches.

THAT is uncalled for. :) Stackpole has no comparison to that genre destroying heathen Bay...... Stackpole got me into Battletech. Bay got me out of Transformers.....

#103 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 March 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

closetmasochism issues?

Perhaps. I can't explain it myself why I like it, but I do for whatever inexplicable reason.

#104 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:19 AM

I've never watched robotech, but if it is Marauders from space fighting Warhammers from earth, I'm game.
but if it has LAMs I'll probably take a pass.

#105 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 26 March 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

I've never watched robotech, but if it is Marauders from space fighting Warhammers from earth, I'm game.

:blink:

You do know, that LAM's for Battletech came right from Macross right?

#106 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:30 AM

Would like to see Microsoft owning the unseen but maybe they can work something out with Sony that they couldn't with Harmony.

#107 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:38 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 March 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

The hard part would be casting Natasha Kerensky, as you can't just paste a pretty face on here and call it good. She has to be believably tough as nails, and military bearing.
Scarlett Johansson, way too typecast (and expensive), Milla Jovovich just doesn't click (and again, too typecast) Emily Blunt? She was pretty good in edge of tomorrow?

View PostWarHippy, on 26 March 2015 - 09:38 AM, said:

It might be an odd choice but I would cast Antje Traue as Natasha, or maybe Eva Green. http://www.imdb.com/.../?ref_=tt_cl_t4

Both can pull off the tough as nails status in my opinion.

Katheryn Winnick gets my vote:

Posted Image

#108 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 26 March 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

:blink:

You do know, that LAM's for Battletech came right from Macross right?

maybe they can have all the fights take place underground or low atmosphere.

#109 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:42 AM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 26 March 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

Posted Image

#110 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

Well.

So.

Before...it was Catalyst Labs, PGI and Microsoft on one side, and it was HG on the other. Now its Sony.

Sony.

This is worse than before. You might have to say goodbye to the Locust, Griffin, Shadowhawk, Thunderbolt, Battlemaster, and Wolverine.

I dont know if youve heard but Sony and Microsoft arent the best of friends.

Edited by KraftySOT, 26 March 2015 - 11:01 AM.

#111 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 March 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

My Choice?

Wolves on the Border. If successful, then Heir to the Dragon and Wolfpack make the Trilogy.

Dragoons are THE Flagship unit of all things Btech, and don't suffer from near as much plot armor as anything Stackpole wrote. The books are gritty and violent look at Btech, with lots of betrayal and high villains, but ones that don't come off as mustache twirling madmen.

It allows you to span the Tech Eras of the universe in the Trilogy, has potential for a really dark war driven set of movies or series after, with the Jihad, and a perfect candidate for an Agents of Shield/Agent Carter type tie in with any of the exploits of the Succession War era Dragoons, through the "Tales of the Black Widow", IMO is the natural Netflix/HBO tie in.

The hard part would be casting Natasha Kerensky, as you can't just paste a pretty face on here and call it good. She has to be believably tough as nails, and military bearing.
Scarlett Johansson, way too typecast (and expensive), Milla Jovovich just doesn't click (and again, too typecast) Emily Blunt? She was pretty good in edge of tomorrow?

I'd disagree with regard to casting Milla Jovovich as Natasha Kerensky. ;)
(In fact, she'd pretty much be able to play any of the lady Kerenskys - Natasha, Ranna, and Anastasia. And probably Stacy Church (aka the reincarnation of Natasha) too, just for good measure. :rolleyes:)

Also, another possible issue with casting Wolves on the Border, specifically, is that many of the core characters are already older individuals - Jaime Wolf (born in 2980) is 48 years old at the time the story takes place in 3028, Natasha Kerensky (born in 2973) is 55 years old, Takashi Kurita (born in 2970) is 58 years old, and Minobu Tetsuhara would very likely be in the same general age range (e.g. late-40s to late-50s).

Even dropping everyone's apparent age by a decade ("31st century medicine/healthcare is really good compared to today!"), it wouldn't really be appropriate to have a bunch of 20-somethings running around as these characters (despite how much more popular a bunch of Hollywood-attractive 20-somethings in typical MechWarrior garb might be than actors 50+% older in the same garb) - especially if one hopes to make films based on later novels (starring those characters' children & other successors). -_-

Edited by Strum Wealh, 26 March 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#112 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:15 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 March 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

Roy still needs to be sub 40. Neeson would make another decent candidate for the Henry Gloval though. Orlando is too pretty boy, and Law too British, lol.

If Viggo Mortensen were younger I might lean toward him.

It would take CGI work, but I kinda want to see Jason Flemyng as Exedore.

Orlando Bloom for Khyron & Peter Dinklage for Exedore? :huh:

Idris Elba as Breetai?

Amanda Seyfried as Miriya?

Who would make good casting choices for Azonia and/or Dolza?

#113 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:24 AM

View PostMystere, on 26 March 2015 - 10:38 AM, said:

Katheryn Winnick gets my vote:

Posted Image

Hmmm... She would also make a very good contender for the role. Now the question remains how do we settle on which one, and where can we cast the losers? :huh:

#114 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:29 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 26 March 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

Orlando Bloom for Khyron & Peter Dinklage for Exedore? :huh:

Idris Elba as Breetai?

Amanda Seyfried as Miriya?

Who would make good casting choices for Azonia and/or Dolza?

Boddole Zer? One word, Shaq., due is a freaking giant.

View PostWarHippy, on 26 March 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

Hmmm... She would also make a very good contender for the role. Now the question remains how do we settle on which one, and where can we cast the losers? :huh:

Katheryn Winnick for Natasha Kerensky, no way around it. She's freaking awesome as Lagertha in Vikings

#115 GroovYChickeN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 26 March 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

Well.

So.

Before...it was Catalyst Labs, PGI and Microsoft on one side, and it was HG on the other. Now its Sony.

Sony.

This is worse than before. You might have to say goodbye to the Locust, Griffin, Shadowhawk, Thunderbolt, Battlemaster, and Wolverine.

I dont know if youve heard but Sony and Microsoft arent the best of friends.

Thankfully the Locust, Griffin, Shodowhawk, Thunderbolt, Battlemaster and Wolverine are not from Maccross/Battletech. HG/Sony do not own the rights to them so they can't say anything about PGI using the mechs.

#116 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 26 March 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

I'd disagree with regard to casting Milla Jovovich as Natasha Kerensky. ;)
(In fact, she'd pretty much be able to play any of the lady Kerenskys - Natasha, Ranna, and Anastasia. And probably Stacy Church (aka the reincarnation of Natasha) too, just for good measure. :rolleyes:)

Also, another possible issue with casting Wolves on the Border, specifically, is that many of the core characters are already older individuals - Jaime Wolf (born in 2980) is 48 years old at the time the story takes place in 3028, Natasha Kerensky (born in 2973) is 55 years old, Takashi Kurita (born in 2970) is 58 years old, and Minobu Tetsuhara would very likely be in the same general age range (e.g. late-40s to late-50s).

Even dropping everyone's apparent age by a decade ("31st century medicine/healthcare is really good compared to today!"), it wouldn't really be appropriate to have a bunch of 20-somethings running around as these characters (despite how much more popular a bunch of Hollywood-attractive 20-somethings in typical MechWarrior garb might be than actors 50+% older in the same garb) - especially if one hopes to make films based on later novels (starring those characters' children & other successors). -_-

who said anything about casting a bunch of 20 somethings? Although with the average life span well over 100, and Kerensky's use of cosmetic surgery, even in Wolves on the Border most people could not believe she was over 30.

I focus on Natasha with a younger role for 2 reasons: 1) She really is not involved in the later 2 books at all, and 2) "Tales of the Black WidoW" would be mostly set in the 3000s and 3010s, thus necessitating a younger face. It's also easier to hollywood age someone than reverse it for youth.

Also, focusing on a core of older actor/warrior would be less incentive for Hollywood to Michael Bay it and have Jaime Wolf played by Taylor Kitsch as a 26 year old Colonel in charge of 5 regiments of mechs, with Megan Fox cast as the Black Widow.

With a cast ranging in their 30-50s one could actually have unbelievable basis of characters for the core. And yes, I want Liam Neeson as [color=#000000]Colonel Andrei Shostokovitch.[/color]

View PostMetus regem, on 26 March 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Boddole Zer? One word, Shaq., due is a freaking giant.

Katheryn Winnick for Natasha Kerensky, no way around it. She's freaking awesome as Lagertha in Vikings

not convinced fantasy warrior converts to scifi one. HAs failed miserably in both directions before.

#117 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:03 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 26 March 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

Mech-nado

Sounds AWESOME!!

Naaaaah.
Posted Image

#118 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 March 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

who said anything about casting a bunch of 20 somethings? Although with the average life span well over 100, and Kerensky's use of cosmetic surgery, even in Wolves on the Border most people could not believe she was over 30.

I focus on Natasha with a younger role for 2 reasons: 1) She really is not involved in the later 2 books at all, and 2) "Tales of the Black WidoW" would be mostly set in the 3000s and 3010s, thus necessitating a younger face. It's also easier to hollywood age someone than reverse it for youth.

Also, focusing on a core of older actor/warrior would be less incentive for Hollywood to Michael Bay it and have Jaime Wolf played by Taylor Kitsch as a 26 year old Colonel in charge of 5 regiments of mechs, with Megan Fox cast as the Black Widow.

With a cast ranging in their 30-50s one could actually have unbelievable basis of characters for the core. And yes, I want Liam Neeson as [color=#000000]Colonel Andrei Shostokovitch.[/color]

not convinced fantasy warrior converts to scifi one. HAs failed miserably in both directions before.

True, but Lagertha did exist, she was married to the real Ragnar Lodbrok, kind of the first Viking to lead the charge into England...

#119 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:22 PM

Ohh, now that is nice. Good, PGI, Warhammer, Marauders, Archers!!! NAO!!!

#120 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:26 PM

View PostRhaythe, on 26 March 2015 - 05:02 AM, said:

The makers of Sharknado made Atlantic Rim. Not SyFy. The Asylum makes their entire living off of knock-off movies.

In fact, theses kinds of movie are called "Mockbuster".

They are more troll films than anything else... The worst is: It work.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users