#141 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 27 March 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

Nope. Sony is not a friendly company either. Like most Major corporations in the Gaming, film, and software industry they will screw anyone to make a dime and if they won't make a dime won't try. So I have 100% confidence the Unseen are still going to be locked up. Especially if this new Robotech Live action idea fails because they will just give the intellectual property back to Harmony Gold.

Newsflash: Sony only Purchased the Movie Rights, not intellectual property. Harmony Gold still owns thart, including toys, statues, etc.

So intellectual rights do not equal movie rights. There's a big difference.

#142 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:16 PM

View Postgirl on fire, on 27 March 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

Is robotech even a hot property? Has it even been relevant in the last 10 years? TBH the only reason i even know it exists is because my older brother watched it and passed his DVDs down to me when he went off to college. I don't think I even really liked it much, or understood it. All I knew is that Minmei was the most annoying piece of **** ever put on screen. But I was 11 years old when I saw it, so....

You are right. It is most certainly not a hot property. I tend to believe that HG sold Sony a bargain. Sony isn't exactly in the healthiest financial straits either to be shelling out a lot of cash.

I did, a few years ago, watch Macross Plus, and that was pretty cool. best part was no ******* minmei.

You might like to try Macross Frontier, which takes place some time, maybe generations after Macross 7. During Macross 7, Mankind has taken to large arkships and is now traveling across the stars to find new planets to colonize. Humans and Zentraedi are now racially integrated, and Max and Miriya are in command of one of those arkships. Macross Frontier takes it even further when an arkship encounters a new alien race.

But of course its still done by Studio Nue, which has a lot of soapy melodrama that seems to accompany their works (Aquarion, Eureka 7, Nobunaga the Fool). Macross Frontier was shown around 2009.

As of December 2014, there has been casting calls for a Macross series, tentatively titled Macross (with a greek triangle symbol).

Edited by Anjian, 27 March 2015 - 06:18 PM.

#143 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:26 AM

I hope Sony doesn't make a movie that absolutely blows and turns people off to BattleTech because you KNOW, you KNOW, that many will associate the two as one in the same.

#144 Mercer Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 248 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:13 PM

I'd highly doubt they'd jump straight to clans. A lot easier on a budget to do the 'dirty and grimy broke down' industrial feel of Succession Era IS than the 'glitz and pop' of Clan tech.

It wouldn't be too far away though. They'd get an easy to copy and paste to script story close to clan invasion, and tweak it just enough that they could have a scene at the end they could spend just enough money on to incorporate the clans.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users