No replies to this topic

#1 Skoren

• Pip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Innersphere

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:58 AM

I have been kicking around this idea in my head for a while and I think this might be a good way to add Tanks, Infantry/Elementals and other non mech goodies. These would only be usable in CW and intended for more of an "End Game" set of skills. I understand that these would take a lot of coding so these are just ideas on how these could be added. I will not go to much into how many skill points will be required to unlock each tier, but the C-Bill cost should be based on Battletech lore. Units look and color would be based on the player's currently chosen faction. Each Tier would unlock a new type of unit to you could use with higher C-Bill cost. Higher Ranks would reduce the C-Bill cost of units. So lets start this off with the most basic unit Infantry.

Infantry - Both Clan and IS have those most basic of units. To make both simple and balanced there would be two unlocks for some of these and I will get into them. Both IS and Clan will have a skill tree for tier 1-5.
Tier 1 would unlock a squad of basic infantry consisting of 12 units. These would be cheap to buy with C-Bills.
Tier 2 would unlock Motorized Infantry consisting of a troops on bikes and in jeeps to bring the troops to the enemy quicker.
Tier 3 would unlock Mechanized Infantry consisting of an APC to protect and transport the troops it controls.
Tier 4 would unlock Jump Infantry. These units would be a 12 man squad of jump capable units.
Tier 5 would unlock Special Units, For both IS and Clan this would allow the use of Spotter, SRM troops, Snipers, and Special Commando Units. For IS it would also unlock a new tree for Powered Armor and for Clan would unlock the Elemental tree allowing you to call up 5 of these units.. Both Tree's would consist of 5 tiers. Each tier would make the PA/Elemental units more deadly.

Vehicles - These would give you two trees unlock one for Tracked and another for Air. The two trees could be split up any number of ways, one way would be for Air to be separated into Helicopters and Aerospace. Each tier would of the tree would allow you to call on more or call on better types. Now we have the Airstrike and that would still be in and can stay the way it is. We can classify it as a High Altitude bomber so you can not shoot it down. The aerospace used here would fire either LRM or SSRM missiles at the nearest foe no matter if it is mech, turret, or ground/air units.
Tracked could be separated into Tank and Support. Tank is pretty simple, the heavier the tank the higher on the tree it would be. For support it would start off with SRM/SSRM carriers, then LRM for the next tier. Artillery would be also added. Now this again would not interfere with the Artillery strike we currently have. That would be an off site strike. Also these guns would REQUIRE a spotter in order to fire. Either equip a Tag on your mech or deploy a spotter infantry unit. Artillery will fire on the closest target that it is being spotted for it and will have a min/max range. Artillery can also have an offshoot tree for bigger guns or faster fire times.
Supports first tier could be Medics to go around and heal infantry. Second Tier Repair/refit trucks for ground units (not mech). Then for Tier 3 add Coolant trucks. These bad boys would follow the person that deployed it like a pet. It will not help you until you deploy it. Once deployed, your mech's legs would lock making you unable to move while it is connected but it would provide six Cool Shots that will automatically fire once you reach 75% heat. You can undeploy it at any time and it will follow you as long as it has coolant. Tier 4 would give you a refit truck, well it would allow you to deploy a Refit truck for ONE ammo type only. So you could refill your LRM but not your SRM from it. It would contain 4 tons of your selected ammo. Like the Coolant Truck it would follow you around and wait for you to deploy it. Your mech will shut down while it loads one ton of ammo every 10 seconds until it runs out of ammo, space to put the ammo, or you cancel the deploy. On all instances it will start up your mech again.
Lastly Tier 5 would be the Mech Repair Truck. This bad boy would come in three types. Light, Medium, Heavy and will bring with it enough armor to fully repair a mech of it's namesake to full. For example a Heavy RT would fully repair a Jagermech but not an Atlas. An atlas would be able to use a Light RT but would only get enough armor to repair a light. Beware though, lose an arm, you are out of luck as there is nothing to repair. The same goes for weapons and equipment. The arm is hanging on by a thread it will bring it back up.
So lets say a Light RT has 100 repair points. That would be evenly distributed between internal and external armor. Endosteel and Ferro Fibrous would cost 2 repair points each per. So a mech with both of those would only get 25 total armor repaired.

If they add the Single player type missions, having these assets will go a long way to helping with that. Well that is about all I got, sorry for the long post and feel free to comment on what you liked and did not like in this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users