How To Get A Fast Cw Drop As A Solo Pug?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:23 AM

I'm looking at the Planet Finder, which is in the Faction tab of the UI.

Which planet should I select in order to get the fastest CW drop?

Ie. I'm looking for advice along the lines of "Select the planet which has the highest (what?) but which also (what?)".

Thanks in advance. I suspect many players this weekend will be asking the same question.

Edited by Appogee, 27 March 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#2 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:40 AM

Keep your eyes out for making multiples of 12. So if you see 24 attackers and 21 defenders on one of your planets, you know that it just need 3 more people for another game to launch.

Another idea is to simply drop into a highly contested planet. So if you see 50 - 60 people attacking and defending one planet, you can probably get a game in a few minutes.

Usually I just look for attacker/defender number disparity and pick the closest one to being formed.

#3 Veritae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

Also, make sure that you know the difference between an attack planet and a defend planet. Sometimes, I'll see people sitting in the defense queue on a planet that has no attackers and has had no zones captured.

If you want to attack, look for the Red icon next to the planet and make sure that there are close to 12 in the queue. If there are exactly 12, then they are already in a queue and you would have to start over as 1 guy waiting for 11 more. Same goes for a queue of 14. You would drop into a queue with two other guys and have to wait for 9 more. This isn't always true (as you could have two groups of 7 waiting, but you can always drop in real fast and confirm, then look for another planet with better numbers.

As to Defense, you have to be real careful. I regularly see planets with a Blue defense icon that have no zones captured and no one in the attack queue (or maybe 1 attacker), but 5-9 guys sitting in the defense queue. If you click on that planet, you will wait forever unless/until more attackers show up. You could have 100 players in the defense queue in that case, and it will never launch. Be very careful on defense that there is an attack queue on the other side. This is why you get people posting about waiting 30 minutes with no drops. Find the right planet and you will launch quick.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users