#1 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

Ey guys , got a problem here:

I was diagnosted with internal left ear otitis caused by a mix of missuse cotton swab , humidity and heat (30° here). It has reached my tympanic membrane and it hurts like hell so i'm officially leaving headphones for ...well....the rest of my life.

So i would like to ask you about any decent gamming speakers out there based on your experience.

Thank you

P.D: Is there any gamming microphone ?

P.D 2: If you're sweating....please take out the headphones...just do it.

Edited by strikebrch, 27 March 2015 - 11:51 AM.

#2 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

Logitechs speakers aren't fancy, but they are reasonably priced, sound decent and are reliable.

Not sure how much you want to spend but for a hundred bucks their 5.1 setup has been good for my gaming.

If you want to spend more than that I'd look at higher end brands instead.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 27 March 2015 - 11:56 AM.

#3 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:00 PM

strikbrch, hope you're alright. Going to move this over to Hardware & Accessories though.

#4 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

I'm using a Logitech X-210 Speaker system, because I, too, am not supposed to wear headphones. It's not magnetically shielded, though, so it picks up cell phone signals when you leave your phone close by, which results in an annoying buzzing and beeping.

#5 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:32 PM

OP, give us a price range.

#6 FlukeNL

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

View Poststrikebrch, on 27 March 2015 - 11:47 AM, said:

So i would like to ask you about any decent gamming speakers out there based on your experience.

I have been using a simple home theatre 5.1 system from panasonic. It get's the job done. Honestly, for gaming, I don't spend the extra $.

P.D: Is there any gamming microphone ?

What is a "gaming" microphone? At least, not being able to wear headphones, you would need a tabletop microphone. By their nature (standing stationary on your desk) I don't considder those to be gaming headphones. Still, it's probably the way to go. Or... I have been using an old cheap Logitech headset, with the speakers around my neck and the mic turned upwards. That enabled me to use better headphones, but the mic from my old headset. Later on I've replaced the mic with a ModMic.

P.D 2: If you're sweating....please take out the headphones...just do it.

Sound advice. But does the same apply for open headphones, instead of closed ones? And for "over the ear" instead of on-ear? And for velours padding instead of leather/plastic padding?

#7 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:17 PM

View Postprocess, on 27 March 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

OP, give us a price range.

Below $70

#8 FlukeNL

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:25 PM

That means a stereo system/2.1 or very cheap 5.1.

Where will you be buying from?

Edited by FlukeNL, 27 March 2015 - 02:26 PM.

#9 Bezerkah

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:27 PM

Greetings,

These speakers are pretty good and are inexpensive:
Insignia™ - Powered Computer Speakers with Subwoofer (3-Piece) - Black/Silver/Gray
Model: NS-PSD5321 SKU: 8269001
They cost $39.99 and have a surprisingly good sound for the price.

I use Logitech H800 Headset with them but you can also get a stand alone mic and use push to talk.

My speakers which are hard to find now are Logitech ze 5300 5.1 and they are very good but cost more than the price point you have listed.

Hope you feel better and happy gaming!

-Bezerkah

#10 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:49 PM

If you look really hard and jump on a deal as soon as you find it, you might be able to get some M-Audio AV30s or AV40s in that range. They're touted as studio monitors, but they really aren't (unless you're using them as part of a large array of different studio monitors). They do sound decent, better than Logitech, Insignia, or anything else in that range probably.

#11 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:17 PM

View PostxWiredx, on 27 March 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

If you look really hard and jump on a deal as soon as you find it, you might be able to get some M-Audio AV30s or AV40s in that range. They're touted as studio monitors, but they really aren't (unless you're using them as part of a large array of different studio monitors). They do sound decent, better than Logitech, Insignia, or anything else in that range probably.

Sounds interesting , my realtek integrated sound card might get best out of it.

#12 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:22 PM

View PostFlukeNL, on 27 March 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

Sound advice. But does the same apply for open headphones, instead of closed ones? And for "over the ear" instead of on-ear? And for velours padding instead of leather/plastic padding?

The doctor said that doesn't matter and headphones simply make a propper closed enviroment for potential infections.

Edited by strikebrch, 29 March 2015 - 11:22 PM.

#13 ilikerice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 324 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:46 PM

Personally I use a pair of logitech Z313 speakers.

It's a 2.1 system and I honestly wasn't expecting much out of them but they are pretty good.

I picked them up on sale forever ago for 19.99 but the average price right now seems to range from 30 to 40 bucks.

I'm not sure if there are newer models of this, but I'm assuming they would be a bit more expensive with the same sort of performance.

I have several other speaker systems, but they all seem way too overpowered for the small space/computer area, plus I really hate 5.1 systems without truly having the speakers places in the right spots.

#14 FlukeNL

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:22 AM

View Poststrikebrch, on 29 March 2015 - 11:22 PM, said:

The doctor said that doesn't matter and headphones simply make a propper closed enviroment for potential infections.

Well, with what happened to you, you better listen to him ;).

Interesting stuff. Don't quite understand how an external closed environment can affect your middle ear (which is behind your, presumably intact, eardrum).

Back on topic: where can you order from? Does it matter if it's on an auction site like ebay/amazon? Or are you bound to "normal" mailorder stores or even physical ones? We can recommend all we want, but if you can't buy locally what we advise...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users