Anyone Else Want To Buy An Urban-Stein For Reals?

28 replies to this topic

#21 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:00 AM

It IS badass, and I would likely buy one. I was thinking more like pewter though. Modern pewter is safe for food, the metal would have the perfect look without coating it with paint or some such, and wouldnt be outrageous cost. It would then also retain the delightful properties of having a cold beverage out of a metal mug.

The cockpit glass, should be actual glass so you can see through it. The bottom area I imagine as double walled for insulation, which would also help add bulk without material, although it wouldn't be required. I do know, it should be big enough to put a full 12 OZ into at minimum, but bigger is better! So long as cost doesnt increase exponentially.

Please, dear MWO forumites, if this does see the light of day, make sure you report it to the rest of us so we can lift a cold one with you!

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:01 AM

View PostEldagore, on 29 March 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

It IS badass, and I would likely buy one. I was thinking more like pewter though. Modern pewter is safe for food, the metal would have the perfect look without coating it with paint or some such, and wouldnt be outrageous cost. It would then also retain the delightful properties of having a cold beverage out of a metal mug.

The cockpit glass, should be actual glass so you can see through it. The bottom area I imagine as double walled for insulation, which would also help add bulk without material, although it wouldn't be required. I do know, it should be big enough to put a full 12 OZ into at minimum, but bigger is better! So long as cost doesnt increase exponentially.

Please, dear MWO forumites, if this does see the light of day, make sure you report it to the rest of us so we can lift a cold one with you!

12 oz?

Are you American or something? A full British pint, or go home! (20 oz!)

#23 Kristov Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:06 AM

3d printed out of plastic might work, but it wouldn't look as good. Stainless would probably be best, pewter is nice, modern pewter being safe and all, but it's not stainless, doesn't have that heft when I slap someone with it, ya know? Titanium would be awesome, but I really can't see putting out hundreds for a single stein...ok, I can, and I don't even drink beer.

A good resin cast would work, wouldn't have the heft, but it would be a LOT cheaper. And lets face it, it would be best for all of us if it was resin, we wouldn't be breaking anywhere near as many monitors ;)

#24 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

View PostFupDup, on 28 March 2015 - 08:29 PM, said:

Titanium is probably the most badass metal. I mean, just saying the name Titanium sounds manly. And it has the root word Titan.

I already have a spork and straw made of titanium, just need a titanium Urbie mug to complete the collection. B)

But steel sounds more mechwarrior like.

and toitan is not as cool as it sounds, because it recats quite easily at soemewhere around 500°C so laserhits and a mech of titan would start to burn quite fast xD

#25 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:02 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 31 March 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

But steel sounds more mechwarrior like.

and toitan is not as cool as it sounds, because it recats quite easily at soemewhere around 500°C so laserhits and a mech of titan would start to burn quite fast xD

just needs industrial diamond weave and ceramic ablative plating combined with it like proper mech armor.

#26 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:04 AM

Forget the Stein, how the hell do I get this on my actual car dashboard???

I mean, yeah I can't just drive around and explode other cars on the road to make it pop up - maybe it will pop up when I cut them off or go into a road-rage tirade?

I don't care, give me this.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 31 March 2015 - 09:05 AM.

#27 Eagle01

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:09 AM

View PostArmorine, on 28 March 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

Let's get the ball rolling on this pgi!!!

Yes pls PGI! I would buy 2 the very same day it is released.

#28 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:32 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 March 2015 - 08:01 AM, said:

12 oz?

Are you American or something? A full British pint, or go home! (20 oz!)

I'm American and the thought of a 12 oz. stein is just plain ridiculous.... LET IT COME IN PINTS!

#29 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 31 March 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

Forget the Stein, how the hell do I get this on my actual car dashboard???

I mean, yeah I can't just drive around and explode other cars on the road to make it pop up - maybe it will pop up when I cut them off or go into a road-rage tirade?

I don't care, give me this.

My Toddler is going to love it, I bought the Urbanmech pack ($40) just to have 3 of them...

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users