One Idea To Revamp Cw (H&g Might Have A Better Idea)

No replies to this topic

#1 HellAvenger

• PipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:56 AM

Here are my idea of revamping Community Warefare, and it might be simpler to implement than PGI thought. I am going to borrow heavily from other games, I play both FPS and Strategy games. Therefore, it is an implementation of 4x space strategy game + Heroes & Generals' campaign system.

You will need to implement everything below because everything is linked to each other:

1) Allow players to become Commanders (Generals). Obviously, a "clan" can potentially pool their resources. Generals can purchase Attack Lances, much like Mech, but they are ranked in term of light, medium, heavy, and assault.

***However, defending/attacking army still need to have a tonnage limit or squad size limit (max 2 assault lance etc, insert your balancing act here).
- If you really want to add grind, you need to level up your attack force from light to medium to heavy to assault. I know PGI want to find way to monetize, here is one.

2) Attack Lances should be able to spawned in certain capital planets and moved around to other planets to "defend" -> act as spawn tickets.

3) However, in order to reinforce the Attack Lances that commanders bought, each FACTIONs need to have stockpiles to reinforce those lances. This bring in resource warfare -> Planets, some might be more valuable than others in resource production. You can have 4 types of resource, light, medium, heavy, assault mechs or have just one giant pool of "GDP"/Economic value resource.

4) In order to balance certain factions, namely Clans with lower count of planets at the beginning. Either give them a larger than normal economical production value assigned to their capital or start them up with a large pool of resources.

5) 4x Space Strategy game -> Use star lanes as viable route to attack. Why is this good? You can assign strategic significance to certain planets. For example, one planet has one way in from north, but as 3 ways out from its south direction. Meaning, if Clan taken that planet, it can access 3 different IS planets. Therefore, this planet needs to be held as a strong hold planet

I might add more later on, but I am at work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users