Trouble Installing

5 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Russell

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

I tried twice to install, the client froze after the initial 6 GB was downloaded both times. Uninstalled twice. Sent an email to technical support and received instructions to take a bunch of screen shots and even to use command prompt to find files in my computer to help Piranha fix their product. If Piranha accepts real money for in-game items, why did they not hold off releasing their product until it worked properly? If they have income why should I have to do any work that a Piranha employee should rightfully be expected to fix for me. I play WoT and have spent money occasionally to pick up a cool tank. I'm not a dead-beat looking for a free game, Im an avid mechwarrior fan since the 90's and am very disappointed that i will not be able to play this iteration.

#2 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:03 PM

You might try this:

1. Uninstall everything.

2. Download launcher.

3. Install launcher.

4. Run launcher.

5. DO NOT click Patch.

6. In the upper right, click the gear icon and use the repair tool instead. It will download everything you need, and I've seen it work this way when the "right" way won't.

Best of luck.

#3 Prince Peter Davion

• PipPip
  • Private
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPeriphery Throne World

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:36 PM

View PostFred Russell, on 03 April 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

... help Piranha fix their product. If Piranha accepts real money for in-game items, why did they not hold off releasing their product until it worked properly? If they have income why should I have to do any work that a Piranha employee should rightfully be expected to fix for me. I play WoT and have spent money occasionally to pick up a cool tank. I'm not a dead-beat looking for a free game, Im an avid mechwarrior fan since the 90's and am very disappointed that i will not be able to play this iteration.

The other 10s of thousands of players have no problem, and have been playing for years. Your jacked up computer has issues, and its PGI's fault? Stop smoking bro, the game works fine, it's just you.

#4 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:02 AM

To the OP, when you say the client froze, what do you mean exactly? The initial download is huge and it may look like it froze but in reality it did not. Also, as Prince Peter Davion has said, the vast majority of players have had zero issues installing this game. Anecdotally, I installed the game on a computer that I had just finished building for my son and the game was unable to run, but it was NOT PGI's fault. Rather it was a problem with a Microsoft file.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:27 AM

to elaborate on what Mailin said,
after downloading all the files the client still has to install the game, if I recall correctly this took about 20 minutes after it had finished downloading files on mine last time I reinstalled about a year ago.
if you had left it less than half an hour from finishing the download it was probably still in the installing process when you thought it had crashed, could this be the case, or did it say not responding on the window?

before reinstalling I recommend running Glary Utilities or CCleaner to clean up and leftovers from the previous failed installations before reinstalling

#6 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:40 AM

Also, note that once you install the game, you will still need to patch it, I believe. This too can make it seem like it has frozen, but just be patient. (It can take hours depending on your machine and internet connection.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users