39 replies to this topic

#1 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

I'm not very bright, am I?

I spent quite a bit of time grinding in CW to get that Stormcrow so I could sell it (since I already have a stormcrow)

In total, I had around 11mill c-bills.
I decided to spend it on the Myst Lynx and an engine for another mech.

In any case, I'm now stuck with a Myst Lynx. I need build ideas.
So far:
1x ER Large
1x ER Small
ECM

OR

3x Small Pulse
1x ER small

The ER small, while it might sound silly, is the only way to use additional tonnage left over if I strip just a couple points of armor, so I tend to add it in if I can.

Any build Ideas would be lovely!

#2 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

There are exactly 0 good Mist Lynx builds in existence. You bought the bolt action rifle of Light mechs in an assault rifle world.

So I'm assuming you have the PRIME config. You have two choices: a snipey ECM mech that will do maybe 100-200 damage per win or a laser vomit mech that will do up to 350 damage per win. ECM will help your teammates while netting exactly 0 extra C-Bills per match. Damage = money.

I'd go with a 2 ERLL 2 ERSL or ERML vomit build. Good luck on your purchase, the Mist Lynx is the worst Mech I've ever piloted, and I own over 100 mechs so believe me when I say that I have experience with "unpopular" mechs. Mist Lynx takes the cake.

Edited by Pezzer, 31 March 2015 - 02:13 PM.

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:40 PM

View PostPezzer, on 31 March 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

There are exactly 0 good Mist Lynx builds in existence. You bought the bolt action rifle of Light mechs in an assault rifle world.

So I'm assuming you have the PRIME config. You have two choices: a snipey ECM mech that will do maybe 100-200 damage per win or a laser vomit mech that will do up to 350 damage per win. ECM will help your teammates while netting exactly 0 extra C-Bills per match. Damage = money.

I'd go with a 2 ERLL 2 ERSL or ERML vomit build. Good luck on your purchase, the Mist Lynx is the worst Mech I've ever piloted, and I own over 100 mechs so believe me when I say that I have experience with "unpopular" mechs. Mist Lynx takes the cake.

I too own zounds of mechs, and I can't say the Mist Lynx is the worst mech I've ever piloted... but on the other hand, I can't think of any worse at the moment either. I'm sure one must have been, though. Sure of it. I mean, the mist lynx has ECM!

I used MLX-PRIME to some "success" (for a Mist Lynx) and found it worlds more fun to play than the more technically effective but horrifically boring and still ultimately useless laser vomit builds (one LPL + ecm, 2 erLL w/o ecm, etc)

Edited by Wintersdark, 31 March 2015 - 02:41 PM.

#4 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:41 PM

You sir haven't seen what I can do with my Mosin Nagant!

I has some decent games using 3 er-slas and some srm4's

But I just can't get enough of the prime with mg's and lrm5's, when I do get a kill it's an event!

I did just get the A variant, so I'm going to work on 2 erslas, 2 mg, 2 ams build

Edited by stealthraccoon, 31 March 2015 - 03:51 PM.

#5 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:07 AM

I use the ER-PPC/ECM build. It's the only viable option for CW.

#6 FindersWeepers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the CIA

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:30 PM

"Blitz Lynx" 3ersml 2srm6. It is not a good mech. It IS a fun mech. You make the choice, if you're looking for a good mech look elsewhere

#7 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:48 PM

MistLynx is a halfways acceptable defensive closequarter poptart ... but sadly not much else.
Furthermore its a bannable offense to stack mechs on top of each other so the ecm-turret-on-top-of-a-whale is a big NO-NO :(

2x MPL + 2x SPL

or

2x MPL + ECM

or

LPL + ECM

or

ERPPC + ECM

For anklebiting :

4xSPL + TC1(iirc) + CAP(iirc)

#8 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:56 PM

View PostSep, on 04 April 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

"Blitz Lynx" 3ersml 2srm6. It is not a good mech. It IS a fun mech. You make the choice, if you're looking for a good mech look elsewhere

Which is about the best thing you can say about any Mist Lynx build.

I really like SRM MLX's. They're at least fun.

#9 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:08 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 04 April 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

Which is about the best thing you can say about any Mist Lynx build.

I really like SRM MLX's. They're at least fun.

Killed you pretty well half an hour ago with 4SPL. ;)

Edited by Terciel1976, 04 April 2015 - 05:17 PM.

#10 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:14 PM

It's a weird mix of locust meets spider...this is what I'd do with it - kind of both inspired by and the antithesis to my 3MPL Spider:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1ccf8fd3a226402

#11 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:45 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 04 April 2015 - 05:08 PM, said:

Killed you pretty well half an hour ago with 4SPL. ;)

Well, I think the Huggin hammering me and the FS9 helped a bit too :)

#12 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:52 PM

Credit where it's due, though, that was an awesome performance with the Mist Lynx =) Some 700 damage and 3 kills!

#13 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 04 April 2015 - 05:45 PM, said:

Well, I think the Huggin hammering me and the FS9 helped a bit too :)

What? MattEdge in a FS9 contributed? ;)

View PostWintersdark, on 04 April 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

Credit where it's due, though, that was an awesome performance with the Mist Lynx =) Some 700 damage and 3 kills!

Thanks. I'm leveling the 2nd and 3rd now. I gotta say, they're way better than I thought. Still bad, but way better than I thought.

#14 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 04 April 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

What? MattEdge in a FS9 contributed? ;)
Target saturation :) With 3, couldn't keep all of you off my rear, had to spend too much time twisting rather than splatting.

Thanks. I'm leveling the 2nd and 3rd now. I gotta say, they're way better than I thought. Still bad, but way better than I thought.
I couldn't do it. My Prime has enough XP to be elited, but I just couldn't take it anymore for the other two :)

Mind you, I'm god awful at lights, so that contributes.

View PostRad Hanzo, on 04 April 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

4xSPL + TC1(iirc) + CAP(iirc)

All mist lynxes have CAP, because reasons.

#15 JosefKafka

• Pip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWorld?

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:24 PM

I've had great succes (by my standards) with the Mist Lynx. I've used the 3 ERSL+2 SRM6 build for a 100 point game with over 600 damage. Also I've gotten a few 90 point games with 4 SPL build. Also, my avarage game contains around 400-500 points of damage. What's good to know is that I sucked donkey with Lights before ML so I don't think it is an absolutely worthless mech. Still, usually it's best to be a bit clever with it. No point in going in alone an exposed if you can help it.

#16 Bespoke Cheese Cake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThem Interwebs, often in K-Town

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:40 PM

Your statement indicates you are not competent with the MLX. I've already made statements in defence of this mech in other threads. So I will not bother here other than to say the Mist Lynx is not a great mech, but its not bad either.

#17 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

View PostGamerGirlGundam, on 04 April 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

hop , drop n' pop

2 x cSRM6 (200 ammo)
2 x SL
1 x ML

41 dmg from a 25ton flying glass robot

She's a girl she can't know what she's talking about!

Spoiler

#18 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:50 AM

3erml and 2 ssrm2 with 1.5 tons works well as long as you watch your heat
I also use 2erml and 2mpl but its quite a hot build

but yes in CW erppc/ecm is the way to go, use those wonderful jumpjets to find a few perches and scout/poke at things. I have done plenty of 700+ damage CW matches with my lynx before even moving on to my 2nd mech.

#19 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:54 PM

I've been leveling Mist Lynxes the whole week and finally I found two, and only two, build that are reasonable:

ECM + ERPPC: You can play it as a solo sniper but best way to play it (IMO) is as an assault support, you cover with ECM the assaults of your team while you poptart, makes for a good W/L ratio mech in PUGland.
4xSPL: The stunt, you may think the mech is too slow to go into brawling range but your speed is only relevant if you get shot at, jump over cover and use the repeater scalpel precision of small pulse lasers on a foe's back just until it seams to turn to face you then just jump into some other's opponent's back to do the same, if you are precise you will get kills but even if you fail at that you will prevent the enemy team from pushing together, since I embraced the 4xspl build over the 4xERML my average damage per round has doubled, peaking at a 1280 damage round...

#20 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:54 AM

troll build
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b56a9579303d617

have ERL modules hope for large maps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users