81 replies to this topic

#61 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:20 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 31 March 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

I'm hoping for a 1 vs 1 mode with both players in 'mechs that are 100% IDENTICAL down to the last point of armor and its location on the 'mech. This mode will settle once and for all who's the better Mechwarrior because neither will have a technological advantage or a team to carry him.

What if the mechwarriors aren't fit for their mechs?

#62 ThirtyOughtSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:22 PM

View PostKraftySOT, on 01 April 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

Rofl...isnt that Mechcommander 2?

But yeah they are actually working on a Solaris thingy. Which will be cool eventually.

April fools?! Proof, plx.

#63 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 31 March 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

Just read the amazing Solaris announcement on twitter. (Link coming soon and more details to come.)

"Let the Games begin!"
The bay door swings up and away, revealing your opponent across a labyrinth of obstacles rising from the arena floor.
Barely aware that the signal has been given, you are off and running, weapons blazing to cover your desperate sprint to safety.
Diving through a maelstrom of explosions, you round a corner and charge your foe, ignoring the insistent flashing of your warning lights.

Brief overview...

1. Coming in a month or so.

2. Arenas include the classics.... Boreal Reach, The Factory, Ishiyama, The Jungle, Steiner Coliseum and Solaris Stables. Not all maps will be ready when it is released.

3. Yes there will be betting of cbills and possibly mechs later on.

4. Yes it will have leader boards both over all and per game mode.

5. Yes it will have Duncan Fisher.

6. Yes it will have several game modes. Modes will include free for all. 12 2 man team free for all. Also 1vs1 - 2vs2 - 4vs4 - 6vs6 and 12vs12.

7. Some aspects maybe need require premium time depending on community feedback etc.

8. There will be special prizes like custom camo and titles and war horns you can only get in this game mode much like CW.

9. The top ranked players can also win MC.

10. Top matches will be recorded and promoted by PGI on the website.

11. One problem could be april first.

12. Stock mech modes.

13. PGI run tournaments of top players after it is out two or three months.

Cant wait. What do you think?

As great as this would be I know this is a April fools joke... a good joke because it would happen like this with something major being posted on twitter and repeated here by someone other than PGI, but a joke none the less.

#64 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostBurktross, on 01 April 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

What if the mechwarriors aren't fit for their mechs?

You'll compete using the 'mech, weapons, modules, etc. you're most comfortable with versus another player who has the exact same build. You both agree on the build before the match starts. An even easier one to set up is a match where both competitors use the exact same STOCK 'mech (this will most likely happen first).

#65 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:37 PM

View PostHyper99, on 01 April 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

April fools?! Proof, plx.

Paul said it not so long ago, that they really wanted to get to it 'someday Soon™'. Since theyre doing the 4v4 thing for CW in the next few months, a Solaris mode is probably around Christmas. Of course itll be bare bones and as awesome sauce as CW. But hopefully it gets better.

I believe it was in a Townhall too but I cant find it. Devtracker hasnt been updated in forevers.

#66 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

I especially found the idea of a randomly (via pop-up obstacles) intriguing... Imagine... 1 Colosseum, 1000 possible arena typologies. :wub:

Would definitely be a leveler as players could not automatically scoot to the most advantageous position as it would be initially unknown.

Devious... :D

#67 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:36 PM

Ok so 20 bucks for a basic licence and 1 new mech to be used for Solaris, 40 for the deluxe 3 mechs system with a (s) type, with cockpit goodies and a custom skin for a new mech debuting in Solaris?
Fund it.

#68 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:41 PM

Ok so 20 bucks for a basic licence and 1 new mech to be used for Solaris, 40 for the deluxe 3 mechs system with a (s) type, with cockpit goodies and a custom skin for a new mech debuting in Solaris?
Fund it.
I agree make a mech pack just related to funding this and getting it in game soon. Oh and fix the mechs that need fixing now just for good measure.

#69 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

I bet that next year's April Fools is when we get a real Solaris Arena, just like what happened with the Urbanmech & 2014's April Fool's joke.

#70 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:04 PM

Hope we do get it.

#71 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:53 PM

You want it? Tell the devs and don't let up for 60+ pages.
Readyyyy-go!

#72 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:06 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 31 March 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

I'm hoping for a 1 vs 1 mode with both players in 'mechs that are 100% IDENTICAL down to the last point of armor and its location on the 'mech. This mode will settle once and for all who's the better Mechwarrior because neither will have a technological advantage or a team to carry him.

I really like this idea.

Give the mode a "stock load out" toggle as well, so one can relive the classics, too.

#73 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:11 AM

Just seems to be a matter of letting the devs know we really want this.

#74 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:33 AM

God damn it! I was so excited about this, before realizing this is an april fools joke. I would totally love this to happen. More than i ever cared about CW. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that 1vs1 is very costly on their side in terms of server workload, so i don't think this will ever happen (at least not for free). But 1vs1, 2vs2 and 4vs4 on small maps would be super cool. Also they could have real knockout tournaments with this thing.

#75 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:07 PM

Maybe they could load the full 24 players then have each do 1v1 etc as others spectate with very short timers until its all done? That way to the servers it works pretty much like a normal match?

#76 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:19 PM

first time seeing this thread. I am starting to be really annoyed by April Fools bullshit. You're supposed to name **** that's hard to believe, not **** you really really want, and realistically should have a good shot at getting. This is like "hey kids, I just got a $10,000 bonus, and it's spring break, lets go to Disney world!....April Fools. I'm spending it all on MC." That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Hey kids, lets go have Easter dinner at Grandmas...April Fools! Grandma's Dead!!

#77 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

Hey kids, lets go have Easter dinner at Grandmas...April Fools! Grandma's Dead!!
Thats exactly how it works. Poor Grandma.

#78 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:44 PM

Just remembered this with talk of Solaris.

#79 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

Yeah, it's become a running joke at this point. I honestly think they keep Solaris bubbling below the surface just to give something to announce over and over again when they're short of other interesting ideas.

#80 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:51 PM

I think its going to happen this time.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users