Can We Please Get Victor And Highlander Quirks.

21 replies to this topic

#1 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:41 PM

EDIT - Might get our wish.... https://twitter.com/...271737270476800

As the title says can we PLEASE get better Victor and Highlander quirks next patch. We now are going to have even more top tier clan mechs with the new quirks. http://mwomercs.com/...s-for-april-7th So how about fixing what should be some top level IS mechs?

It seems who ever is doing quirks is stuck in the distant past. The distant past before clan mechs when Victors and Highlanders needed to be gimped by things like engine caps, hard points, slots etc. They seem afraid to do anything to bring these mechs back into the game. But the truth is if you do not give them PPC quirks and or change jump jets you will not have to worry about the front loaded PPC/AC meta.

Lets do thing that give Victors and Highlanders something that fit in the current mid and short range game that dominates. For example give them good ballistic and energy quirks. You can even give them good SRM quirks it would not make them OP.

Give the Victor left and right torso armor and or internals.

Maybe give the Highlander a big engine cap.

If you look at the loadouts Victors can run they are very very limited in the mid range game we have now. They can get all kinds of quirks without being OP. Just do not give them sniping quirks and all will be good :)

Edited by XX Sulla XX, 06 April 2015 - 07:00 PM.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 06 April 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

...We now are going to have even more top tier clan mechs with the new quirks. ...

Which of the newly quirked Clan mechs are top tier?

But yes, the Victor and Highlander are overdue for a pass that is actually worthwhile. PGI is still punishing them because they used to be the top dawgs a long time ago. They don't forgive or forget...

#3 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:44 PM

I think the highlander could do with one. Would love a JJ quirk - obviously not a screen shake reduction or anything like that or we would have QQ about poptarting again, but maybe a height/thrust adjustment.

I actually have not seen one in a VERY long time for that matter......

And was thinking of taking them out for a spin again :)

Edited by White Bear 84, 06 April 2015 - 06:46 PM.

#4 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:51 PM

I don't really think jump jet should be the defining point for meh tiering, jump jet should be locomotion only and the benefits subject to map selection, where those jj can gain a terrain advantage, not overall level of mobility/agility superiority.

#5 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:54 PM

They dont need JJ quirks they need things like heat and range quirks. Now jump jets in general do need looked at but that is not what makes a top mech. There are lots of not very good mechs with jump jets.

#6 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:59 PM

Or they could fix class 1 and 2 jumpjets. They produce heaps of heat, weigh a lot (especially class 1) and barely give any lift at all. A Spider with 1 jumpjet can jump 8.67m whereas a Highlander with 1 jumpjet can jump 6.67m.

Spider: 30 tons and 0.5 tons of jumpjets = 60t / t of jumpjets = 8.67m
Highlander: 90 tons and 2 tons of jumpjets = 45 t / t of jumpjets = 6.67m

The Highlander should go higher with a single jumpjet than the Spider, but it is the other way around.

#7 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:03 PM

Jump jets do need work but will not make either mech top tier mechs.

#8 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:24 PM

The Highlander could use some Jump Jet modifications. I've loved my 732 since it first came out, but the jumping ability is sad, it couldn't even clear barn with maxed out jump jets. Strange considering it's reputation for a Highlander Burial maneuver. The only way to stomp an enemy mech is to find a cliff looming above it or shoot it down so that it's on it's back before you hit the jump jets.

It's a slight exaggeration, but the jump jets feel fairly rough on Highlanders.

#9 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:45 PM

Tbh, with gauss charge and slow ppcs, the jump jet overlords are forever banished. It could come back in a very limited way but it'd never dominate, even if you restored both mechs to pre-nerf levels because of the gauss/ppc desync.

#10 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:00 AM

I agree, my Victor and Highlander wouldn't mind 17 ST and 28 arm armor/structure quirks like WHK and GAR and don't forget that they don't even have immortal XL engine. They also wouldn't mind -30% UAC jam chance, 20% ballistic cooldown and velocity and 15-30% acceleration and deceleration speed quirks.

Edited by kapusta11, 07 April 2015 - 02:58 AM.

#11 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:34 AM

360 enginecap for highlanders

bit more jump jet thrust/initial impulse,the class 1 heat penalty can stay imo.

#12 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:55 AM

View PostFupDup, on 06 April 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

Which of the newly quirked Clan mechs are top tier?

But yes, the Victor and Highlander are overdue for a pass that is actually worthwhile. PGI is still punishing them because they used to be the top dawgs a long time ago. They don't forgive or forget...

The funny part is it's the devs themselves that let the best poptarts remain the most viable mechs for a long time, so they basically don't forgive or forget their own failings.

#13 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,712 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:55 AM

For the most part it was the JJ agility that I enjoyed on the Highlanders. Did my share of pop and fire, just as I and other do now with the peek and fire but where it shined and I enjoyed it the most is when it got to brawling range, the ability to maneuver and jump over an opponent (or a friendly).

People still do the poptarting bit but tis done with mediums and lights as before and lights can still fly, especially the lights. Tis sad that heavier JJ at max limit does almost nothing for the assaults and heavies now.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 07 April 2015 - 02:20 AM.

#14 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:35 AM

I think the most fitting buff for the Highlander, barring a JJ fix, is some JJ quirks so it can live up to its name. But Mike Frost has said before that JJ quirks aren't possible for the time being.

Quirks aside, an increase engine cap to 350 for all variants would be most desirable! TheHGN can then run as fast as a Warhawk with similar agility.

#15 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:38 AM

Even if they undo all of the nerfs to Victors and Highlanders, including making Assault jumpjets actually worth taking, they still won't be top-tier endgame avatars of destruction like they used to be, the newer IS meta robots and the clan mechs will still be able to handle them easily, they'd merely be competitive.

Which would be a good thing, repeal all their nerfs ASAP, you might end up seeing more chassis variety on the IS side that way.

#16 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:41 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 07 April 2015 - 01:55 AM, said:

For the most part it was the JJ agility that I enjoyed on the Highlanders. Did my share of pop and fire, just as I and other do now with the peek and fire but where it shined and I enjoyed it the most is when it got to brawling range, the ability to maneuver and jump over an opponent (or a friendly).

People still do the poptarting bit but tis done with mediums and lights as before and lights can still fly, especially the lights. Tis sad that heavier JJ at max limit does almost nothing for the assaults and heavies now.

Yeah, the new IS poptart master is the Panther, which doesn't mount enough pinpoint long range firepower to be a super threat like the highlanders and victors of old, it's fairly well balanced for a jump sniper, able to poke and harass with relative safety without being too powerful.

I thought it'd be DOA myself, but I was dead wrong there, and enjoy mine very much.

#17 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:45 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 07 April 2015 - 02:38 AM, said:

Even if they undo all of the nerfs to Victors and Highlanders, including making Assault jumpjets actually worth taking, they still won't be top-tier endgame avatars of destruction like they used to be, the newer IS meta robots and the clan mechs will still be able to handle them easily, they'd merely be competitive.

Which would be a good thing, repeal all their nerfs ASAP, you might end up seeing more chassis variety on the IS side that way.

True, it's more or less because HGNs can't boat lasers/ballistics and after the introduction of Gauss Charge and PPC speed nerf they can't jump snipe anymore. A buff to their mobility would be appropriate because it doesn't directly introduce more power creep and HGN would be excellent for the tactically minded pilots!

#18 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:04 AM

Been running my Heavy Metal and its ok as far as it goes, but nobody is going to do well in it

Really got two choices and both require xl's, run a build like Konivigs, or paired ac5's and a lrm pack, and stay mobile, the xl you need, and have to accept it being extra squishy as without it your a sitting duck

Higlander is probably the worse Assault in the game right now, and yup I own all awesomes and the gargoyle( which frankly aint that bad a mech) and the victor sits only marginally above the Gar and Highlander, with its heavy quirks the Awesome sits above all three mentioned.

None are frontline mechs but all can do a supporting role

#19 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:11 AM

View PostCathy, on 07 April 2015 - 03:04 AM, said:

None are frontline mechs but all can do a supporting role

Why is that so? If you build it like Koniving's HM (with STD325) then you have to get close up and personal. Also, HGN 732/733/733C hardpoints are like Atlas' so you can do that STD300/325 + AC/Gauss + MLs + SRM6s and go punch the enemies!

#20 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:16 AM

The main problem I see with adding quirks is the same thing I see with Buff/Nerf. Once you do it to one someone will inevitably ask for the same treatment to something else cause your preferred Mech is now better than theirs. Its a vicious cycle!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users