12 replies to this topic

#1 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:17 AM

Having finished to master resistance chassis, I thought to post my personal tastes and comments about them.
But let me know yours!

First! Gold medal to..... PANTHER!

Despite COM will always have a special place in my heart, I like panther very very much. I think it's the light I like most.
PGI did an awesome work with them, giving them a good feeling of a slow (not so slow) light, as in TT, but with very good maneuverability and very good hitboxes.
It's a true joy piloting them, and they compensate my love with a kdr=3 and a dmg/ton/match=9!!!

Second! Silver medal to..... ZEUS!

Silver medal for "surprise" reasons
Keeping in mind lore's design, I was very worried about hitboxes.
Nope. Testing and playing them, PGI made a very good work. So, being a light and medium pilot, I found possible to mount a good xl, spread damage, and survive well while pouding enemy with a good weapon fire.
I like how I feel them, very maneuverable, good torso twisting, I feel them like giant medium.
I like the variety of possible loadout, too.
Mount a ST engine, and they are even more durable, and still have a good fire.

Third! Bronze medal to..... Enforcer!
Good work here too, about hitboxes, and maneuverability.
Sadly there are a bunch of things I didn't like.
As previously said I'm a medium pilot, and being cents and hunchies my go to brawlers, I was really happy waiting a skirmish medium, 'cause I like flanking and sniping too.
Sadly I don't like enforcer's hardpoints, quite low ones. JJ are important for flank and surprise, but sadly we can't have them. We still have HoverJets.
I dind't like at all PGI chassis, ENF-5P.

Four! Plastic medal to.... GRASS!

I'm doing well thanks to wubbiness.... but I don't like at all how I feel them.
While I feel Zeus like a giant medium about maneuverability, I feel Hoppers like fatty assault, and they really have huge archtype in all (it still seems to me, despite pgi said they have fix).
They are way too much huge and big targets.
A lot of energy hardpoints... but in a relatively slow mech.
Too much low hardpoints, so I cannot use them properly in hills
A Grasshopper that cannot properly JUMP, is a sad thing.

#2 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:40 AM

I agree with your assesment 100%.

#3 sneeking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:50 AM

Enforcer and hopper are simply too ugly for me I won't be seen in them.

Panther and zeus are very nice.

Zeus is my pick of the resistance pack.

#4 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:59 AM

Number 1) Panther. Love it, all 3 variants are decent, with the 9R being amazeballs with 2xLPL or 2xPPC

Number 2) Enforcer. Like the 4R with either 3xLL+2xML or 5xML+AC10 or 5xML+Gauss. Hated the other 2 variants though.

Number 3) Grasshopper. The 5H with the 2 shoulder energy is passable with 2xLPL+5xMPL+XL340 or 3xLL+4xML+STD300. didnt like the other 2 much, and the variant with PPC heat quirks but no PPC velocity = WTF awful.

Number Unrated) Zeus. Don't own so cant really comment. Seems tanky from facing it, but not too threatening so far.. id probably end with it tied for 2nd or 2nd though.

Edit: i am really quite annoyed that the 30% C-Bill variants are the bad variants in all cases. The Panther is the only one ill use, and its the worst of the Panthers due to 2xERPPC being impossibly hot and 1xERPPC + 2xSRM4 (which is literally the only loadout it can run better than the 9R) being a bit anemic.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 01 April 2015 - 02:04 AM.

#5 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:01 AM

The Zeus is fun. The Enforcers are solid 50-tonners, and I can't make the Panthers work at all. Grasshoppers are a major disappointment - I'm not even playing them until they get adjusted, probably in quirks.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:17 AM

I haven't used the Enforcer or Grasshopper enough to decide which I like more I now have a Warhopper or a Grasshammer and intend to give it a good shake down.

#7 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:36 AM

Panther 9R has become my main ride. The 2 LPL build just clicks with me, and I'm experiencing the same success as the OP, though my damage per ton per match is a smidge above 10. It also performs well in CW.

The Zues is my next fav, with the 6s® variant coming out tops. 71 KPH speed with an AC10 and 3 LPLs, and a shield arm, gives me an assault, as a player who doesn't like assaults, a mech i can drive with pleasure.

The Grasshopper comes in third. The 5H, with 2 LPLs in the shoulders, 4 MLs, srm4, xl340, and all the heatsinks I can pack, is my favorite of the set.

I like the Enforcers (except the 5P..blech), but I have other mediums that I'd rather run.

#8 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:54 AM

Zeus- The perfect frontline workhorse grade = A+

Enforcer- small, slowish, but tough, hard hitting, DPS medium grade = B+

Panther- the only true IS 2nd line light. pinpoint damage on demand grade = B

Grasshopper- fugly POS grade = F

#9 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:20 AM

I only played 4 resistance Mechs so far: the Resistance Panther and the 3 Enforcers.

Wasn't expecting much as i first tried the PNT-10K and the ENF-5D for the "Pot of Gold" event (yeah, sometimes i'm greedy). Both were a blast to use. Even without the firsts basics unlocked.

I've since started to fully elite the 3 ENF and i realy love all of them. The 4R, with so much energy points and a big AC, is incredible and the 5P is very fun with duals UAC5s (but 2 uac5s are always fun, as my Jager taught me).

I only hope rest of the pack will be just as much enjoyable (and i'm quite confident from what i've seen).

EDIT: Forgot to say that i therefor nominate the 4 of them! :P

Edited by XtremWarrior, 01 April 2015 - 05:34 AM.

#10 Nori Silverrage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:05 AM

I posted a pretty extensive anaylsis that didn't seem to get any comments: http://mwomercs.com/...53#entry4304453

In short, I love the Panthers! Such a fun little mech to drive and I like how it feels and plays different than other lights.

Next up would be the Zeus. Those things are very fun and I enjoy the diversity in builds you can do. My fav is 4 LPLs and a XL 350.

Don't really like the enforcers. They aren't bad per se, but they aren't good either. I recently picked up Blackjacks and I have much more fun in those.

Grasshopper I haven't quite decided on. However, my initial feelings are that they don't hold a candle to other IS heavies. The Jager, Thunderbolt, Cataphract and Orion are all better because of hardpoint location and/or quirks. The grasshopper hardpoint locations are pretty bad.

Edited by Nori Silverrage, 01 April 2015 - 08:09 AM.

#11 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:07 AM

I only own the Grasshopper but it's awesome

the naysayers can't play, end of story :D

#12 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:32 AM

I actually like all of them, very nice pack.

A number of quirk adjustments needed to buff up many of the variants, but the mech chassises themselves are great.

I can't make a ranking until they're all elited, as it is so hard to properly asses unelited mechs, but the grasshopper 5H and Enforcer 4R are certainly among the top variants.

#13 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:53 AM

This isn't too hard...

#1) Enforcer - I called it, and it is the best 50 tonner of the game currently (well, the 4R anyways). I use the 4R in CW, and it's just exceptional for what I need it to do. Unfortunately, the 5P is complete garbage.

#2) Grasshopper - The fools that kept saying the missile hardpoint was useful... please go away. This mech was a tossup between this and the Panther... and I found the Grasshopper fairly OK for laservomit builts. Then again, the Resistance variant is always crippled... because PGI doesn't understand that "not all hardpoints are created the same".

#3) Panther - The best I came out from this is that I have a PPC Light. Otherwise, I need some speed.... but it has gained quite a bit of durability from the quirks.

#4) Zeus - While usable, but the builds are so boring, I feel like I could do better in a different mech. Solo missile hardpoints are just uninteresting.

Edited by Deathlike, 01 April 2015 - 08:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users