56 replies to this topic

#41 Shae Starfyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:15 AM

I use the inverse death blossom. Dump down in the middle of the enemy; watch them all shoot each other.

#42 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:09 AM

View PostStrayDog, on 11 April 2015 - 09:44 PM, said:

What was the song besides Superstition?

The first song is the classic 'O Fortuna'.

#43 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:53 AM

Death Blossom, eh?
Now where have I seen that before?
Ah yes, here it is:

#44 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:56 AM

View Postknnniggett, on 17 June 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

Posted Image

#45 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:25 AM

View Postknnniggett, on 17 June 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

Death Blossom, eh?
Now where have I seen that before?
Ah yes, here it is:

NO WAY!!!!

You don't think.... that it was an homage mebbe? Nah,.,,,,,

#46 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:40 AM

In honor of this necro I'm going to take it to off topic.

So in the HBS Battletech beta my first match involved my team with cents, Commando and a Panther vs a Hunchie, 2 Urbies and a Panther. Brutal fight, ends with my 2 remaining Cents brawling with the Urbie. One punches off the right arm, the other punches off the left, leaving the Urbie disarmed. So he walks up and kicks one of my Cents in the junk - pilot fails skill check, the Cent topples over. My other one blasts Urbie in the back, removes both ST. Urbie turns, kicks the other Cents leg off. Cent falls. First cent stands up, shoots Urbie. Blows a leg off. Urbie falls. Other Cent stands up, tries to curb stomp fallen Urbie.... breaks his own last leg. Urbie damaged but alive. Gets up, charges Cent, destroys Cent RT. AC 10 gone. Cent charges Urbie who is now just 1 leg, CT and head. Rips last leg off.

My first match in HBS Battletech involved 2 Cents bullying an Urbie who tears their **** up and was more intense than 95% of tabletop games I've played for 30 years. My new fear of hulked out nut kicking rampage Urbies is real.

#47 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:50 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 June 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

So in the HBS Battletech beta my first match involved my team with cents, Commando and a Panther vs a Hunchie, 2 Urbies and a Panther. Brutal fight, ends with my 2 remaining Cents brawling with the Urbie. One punches off the right arm, the other punches off the left, leaving the Urbie disarmed. So he walks up and kicks one of my Cents in the junk - pilot fails skill check, the Cent topples over. My other one blasts Urbie in the back, removes both ST. Urbie turns, kicks the other Cents leg off. Cent falls. First cent stands up, shoots Urbie. Blows a leg off. Urbie falls. Other Cent stands up, tries to curb stomp fallen Urbie.... breaks his own last leg. Urbie damaged but alive. Gets up, charges Cent, destroys Cent RT. AC 10 gone. Cent charges Urbie who is now just 1 leg, CT and head. Rips last leg off.

My first match in HBS Battletech involved 2 Cents bullying an Urbie who tears their **** up and was more intense than 95% of tabletop games I've played for 30 years. My new fear of hulked out nut kicking rampage Urbies is real.

I'm already scared of Urbies in that game due to the fact that they have an uncanny ability to have perfect accuracy with their AC/10's. Every time I face them, I know I'm going to get wrecked.

#48 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:53 AM

Just a flesh wound.

#49 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 17 June 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

I'm already scared of Urbies in that game due to the fact that they have an uncanny ability to have perfect accuracy with their AC/10's. Every time I face them, I know I'm going to get wrecked.

They don't move much and so have good accuracy. Also they are usually in a lance with bigger threats so don't get focused.

They are that guy camping in the back, farming damage.

Played my first match involving an Orion and an Atlas. Holy ****. That moment when 3 mechs in your lance unload on him and.... nothing, really. Just a little lol and then he vomits death on one and the next round brawls the other, ripping the right torso off a Hunchie with one punch. I shot the Orion so much it was starting to get dull.

Also, Kentaro is SRS BSNS.

#50 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:03 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 June 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

They don't move much and so have good accuracy. Also they are usually in a lance with bigger threats so don't get focused.

Played my first match involving an Orion and an Atlas. Holy ****. That moment when 3 mechs in your lance unload on him and.... nothing, really. Just a little lol and then he vomits death on one and the next round brawls the other, ripping the right torso off a Hunchie with one punch. I shot the Orion so much it was starting to get dull.

So far, my favorite setups are 3 Awesomes (PPC variety) and 1 locust, or ANYTHING with an Atlas. The Atlas is a god, especially if you run with the one pilot that has a special bonus to defense if he moved in the last turn. You can just walk through a firing lane and make whatever was shooting at you pay dearly for their transgressions.

#51 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 17 June 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

So far, my favorite setups are 3 Awesomes (PPC variety) and 1 locust, or ANYTHING with an Atlas. The Atlas is a god, especially if you run with the one pilot that has a special bonus to defense if he moved in the last turn. You can just walk through a firing lane and make whatever was shooting at you pay dearly for their transgressions.

I've been running mediums and heavies vs the assault stuff. It's bloody hard. The Kentaro is a backstabbing killer though. Shads are terrible, Griffins are good for DFA but for long range a Panther is just as good. Cent is good at range and brawls like a beast. Treb.... ironically LRMs are mediocre in this game too. I ran a Victor, which was brutal.

I'll run some assaults tonight. Maybe a couple of Funions. It's got a great Battletech feel.

#52 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:42 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 June 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

ironically LRMs are mediocre in this game too.

I'm not entirely sure if there's a mechanic involved that's unstated, or if I'm just missing it, or even it just being my imagination, but from what I can tell direct fired LRMs have a lot more kick to them than indirect. My dual Catapult+LRM Awesome squad was a bit lackluster until the enemy actually got into their personal LoS vs my Commando spotting, and then the LRM rain actually did heavy damage.

But hey, it could just be a coincidence.

#53 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:48 AM

be glad he didn't double headshot your Cents from outside of visual range.

That was my first exposure... incoming stream of AC rounds.... Awesome missing cockpit. Literally 2 seconds later, another stream of ac rounds and my Griffin was, too.

#54 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:50 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 17 June 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

I'm not entirely sure if there's a mechanic involved that's unstated, or if I'm just missing it, or even it just being my imagination, but from what I can tell direct fired LRMs have a lot more kick to them than indirect. My dual Catapult+LRM Awesome squad was a bit lackluster until the enemy actually got into their personal LoS vs my Commando spotting, and then the LRM rain actually did heavy damage.

But hey, it could just be a coincidence.

Better accuracy and more missiles hit. Brawling is just so powerful though - I ended up using most mediums to bull rush brawl, it was way more effective.

#55 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:50 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 June 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

KTO is srs but only for 1 round out of 3 or so... then he's bleeding so much heat heat has trouble regaining that aggressiveness, usually.

#56 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:54 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 June 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

be glad he didn't double headshot your Cents from outside of visual range.

That was my first exposure... incoming stream of AC rounds.... Awesome missing cockpit. Literally 2 seconds later, another stream of ac rounds and my Griffin was, too.

Had a match last night where I was getting destroyed, my last mech (laserboat griffin) gets his arm with all his weapons torn off. Mostly fresh Atlas left and a chewed Orion. I DFA the Onion, he dies in a blaze of glory. Atlas blows my arm and RT off. I DFA the Atlas, kill him with a cockpit hit.

I've headshot a Lolcust with a 4G Hunchie. It felt so dirty.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 June 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

KTO is srs but only for 1 round out of 3 or so... then he's bleeding so much heat heat has trouble regaining that aggressiveness, usually.

Lure them to the water. A splashy stompy robot is a happy stompy robot. I also have a great love of stomping downed mechs. So brutal.

#57 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 June 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

I've been running mediums and heavies vs the assault stuff. It's bloody hard. The Kentaro is a backstabbing killer though. Shads are terrible, Griffins are good for DFA but for long range a Panther is just as good. Cent is good at range and brawls like a beast. Treb.... ironically LRMs are mediocre in this game too. I ran a Victor, which was brutal.

I'll run some assaults tonight. Maybe a couple of Funions. It's got a great Battletech feel.

face off against someone who knows what they are doing with a Treb and Catapult in their lance, with a spotter, especially. WHomever is targeted will be spending al ltheir time geting wrecked, guaranteed.

PPCs and all energy weapons are weak in HBS game (AC5 does the same damage, for less than a 1/4 the heat). The AI is jsut not good at setting up and exploiting Knockdown. Once you face a real person you will find your opinion on LRMs changed.

Run a lance with a Treb and Cat, Jenner with Sensor Lock Pilot (I prefer Witness) and somethign Brawly to anchor the line. Park your two LRMers in the rear, quite a ways back, post your Brawler up front ( I prefer to use Paradise in any decent Medium Brawler, HBK-4G or CN9-A, usually, for the 50% auto dodge) and tuck your Jenner off to the side up front behind a hill and just sensor lock. It'll allow you to hit far beyond your detection range, and Negate their Evasion abilities. Pound them with LRMs until they are knocked down, then take called shots on their juicy bits with your Brawler.

Profit.

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 June 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

Had a match last night where I was getting destroyed, my last mech (laserboat griffin) gets his arm with all his weapons torn off. Mostly fresh Atlas left and a chewed Orion. I DFA the Onion, he dies in a blaze of glory. Atlas blows my arm and RT off. I DFA the Atlas, kill him with a cockpit hit.

I've headshot a Lolcust with a 4G Hunchie. It felt so dirty.

Lure them to the water. A splashy stompy robot is a happy stompy robot. I also have a great love of stomping downed mechs. So brutal.

Water is broke OP in the game. Doubles your cooling for ALL heatsinks, not just legs. Don't expect that to remain.

also.... FATALITY!
https://twitter.com/...477602752401408

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 17 June 2017 - 11:58 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users