Better Rewards For Uav Kill

7 replies to this topic

#1 Zen555

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

Ok, I'm sure this has been mentioned, but here's another vote.

One of the worst things for a team is to have a UAV up over 8 or 10 mechs and they NEVER NOTICE. All those people complaining about LRMs? Half your problem is you don't notice UAVs.

So, therefore, one of the BEST moves a teammate can make is to quickly notice and shoot down the little bugger.

But what is a UAV kill worth? 100CB or something? 0XP? Even if you kill it right away?

If it's worth 40k CBills to buy, it should be worth more than 100CB to kill, eh?

I propose a heftier reward for UAV kills. To be really fair, making it worth more for a "fresh" UAV and less for an "about to fall down anyway" UAV would work. It would also be nice if you got more for a UAV actively targeting friendlies. But the easiest to implement has got to be just a nicer reward.

And how about an achievement? There have been no new additions to the achievement list, well, EVER?

In the big picture, it's not the biggest thing. But it could be a really nice thing, especially for the effort required. Lots of bang for the buck.

Thanks for reading!

#2 Zen555

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

Still shooting down UAVs for nothing except praise from teammates. You are welcome : )

#3 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:13 AM

I swear, most games feels like clay-pidgeon shooting from having to shoot down UAVs all goddarn match long.

If there's no nerf coming to prevent Consumable Warrior Online™, I'd be all for increased rewards for nullifying their use.

Edited by Telmasa, 02 April 2015 - 12:14 AM.

#4 Matthew Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:38 AM

I can agree with this.

Personally, I also think killing a UAV within 10 seconds (arbitrary number) of deployment should yield a Quick Kill bonus. The less time the UAV spends being active, the less damage it does to your teammates.

#5 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

I personally hate the whole idea of consumables and i opposed them since they were announced.
Actually, they were the reason i quit MWO outright, but i'm back and i still hate them.

#6 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:03 AM

Take consolation in the probability that all those people who are using UAVs every match don't fully realise that they are spending 40,000 C-Bills every match, which is about 40% of the average person's earnings per match.

Perhaps it's time to up consumables costs to 50,000 C-Bills and offer significant rewards for killing them, like suggested in the OP.

#7 0rionsbane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:27 AM

I suggest the third option, add a module that lets ams fire on uav's directly above you. i mean one problem with them is the game dose not allow me to torso twist up very far and i cant aim very well with arms that dont go a full 90 degrees up either, and unlike previous games there's no top/down/rear/side camera or windows on the mechs so i cant ever see a uav directly above me. that means i rely on a teammate to kill the uav, we could use a sound for narc and uav's and some way to shoot them above us like an alternative to ams overload that shoots the uav.

#8 Nemesis Duck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:00 PM

Stack UAV kills, I've shot down multiple in a single game and the reward seems to diminish.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users