58 replies to this topic

#21 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:13 PM

^^ ya they made some mistakes but atleast i capitalized on em! :) Plenty of them also had high scores so they weren't bad, just shooting the wrong mech lol.

View PostCorrado, on 03 April 2015 - 11:10 PM, said:

i think that direwolf had something like 30+ back armor... pro DWF build more trial-mech like.

ya lol, saved him that time for a few seconds though!

#22 Xione87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:16 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 03 April 2015 - 06:04 PM, said:

Sorry there isn't any in game sound it doesn't carry over from Shadow play to my video editor for some reason...

Have you tried turning on 'allow desktop capture' in the shadowplay options menu? That helped for me :)

Edited by Xione87, 03 April 2015 - 11:16 PM.

#23 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:26 PM

Impressive. Is this the new 6 PPC Stalker? I had someone in your build 1 shot the ST of my Enforcer. I was pretty mad.

#24 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:53 AM

Lol 1:18. That's why you don't chase squirrels

#25 MrMadguy

• 2,202 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:36 AM

7 kills, 5 assists, 1703 damage, 16 components destroyed? 276K CB, 2303XP reward? That's what I call overnerfed rewards. MechWarrior was always about killing other 'Mechs and in MWO killing other 'Mechs - is least rewarding kind of gameplay. But you may get 100500 bigger reward for some freakin crap, like tagging... Yeah...
Posted Image

#26 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:04 AM

View PostUrdnot Mau, on 03 April 2015 - 06:55 PM, said:

Am i the only one the found extremely gross that you put 2 gausss and 2 CERPPCs in the back CT of a Direwolf and it barely turned yellow ?

Doesn't seem that bad to me. You get 62 internal and that rear armor was barely scratched. Also on my screen it looks yellow-orange. I think ~20 rear armor would let that happen.

#27 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:24 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 04 April 2015 - 03:36 AM, said:

7 kills, 5 assists, 1703 damage, 16 components destroyed? 276K CB, 2303XP reward? That's what I call overnerfed rewards. MechWarrior was always about killing other 'Mechs and in MWO killing other 'Mechs - is least rewarding kind of gameplay. But you may get 100500 bigger reward for some freakin crap, like tagging... Yeah...
Posted Image

even with Premium Time it would have been...meh. That shoulda been a Half Million Cbill, 5000 xp match, IMO.

#28 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:41 AM

View PostDONTOR, on 03 April 2015 - 06:04 PM, said:

170 tons vs 530 who will win??

Even managed to headshot a mighty Khan in all the chaos. ;)
Sorry there isn't any in game sound it doesn't carry over from Shadow play to my video editor for some reason...

Nice fight DONTOR don't want to minimize your skills, but that's is one of those days where the biggest and meaniest enemy mech is just walking in the middle of the enemy without being noticed and wrecking havoc!!

About the Shadowplay thing check again the settings on the nvidia program, i know there is the option to record or not the pc sound so maybe you disabled it in order to not record your TS speaks at somepoint and forgot to remove it.

#29 EntertainEnterprises

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:56 AM

nice :P next time we compare locust ;)?

Edited by EntertainEnterprises, 04 April 2015 - 04:58 AM.

#30 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:02 AM

good shooting!

still, what an ugly meta fest....

get that score in a quickdraw!

#31 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:16 AM

To the guys complaining about rewards:

You underestimate the magnitude of the problem. That was an invasion Direwolf with +30% c-bills. Had it been a normal Direwolf it would have been 212,296.

#32 Mercer Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 248 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:19 AM

Yeah, I saw the reward screen, and am strongly wondering if I even want to play today (Got a LOT of cbills left to grind for stuff....and things).

You get those awesome matches, where you really feel like you've done a great job helping your team win......like in the video, coming back from a lance down, wrecking the opposing team. Should be getting paid like the Sous Chef.....getting nickel'd and dime'd like a busboy....

#33 Just a Sandwich

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:48 AM

Lol awesome match man! Dire Ninja is OP!

#34 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:52 AM

Job well done Dontor! Extremely well played man. One thing that concerns me with such a well played out game and a heavy carry is the 275K and XP you earned off such a match. My god man, seems like this is a game one should be seeing in upwards of 400K-500K and 4000-5000 XP easy for such a well played match even without PT. IMO, the pay out on this match and pretty much all matches are a complete joke and the low earnings need to go.

Hell of a job man, you earned every cent of that very crappy paycheck.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 April 2015 - 04:24 AM, said:

even with Premium Time it would have been...meh. That shoulda been a Half Million Cbill, 5000 xp match, IMO.

Didn't even see your post, replied straight from the first page without even reading the others replies. Spot on, and I agree 100%..... Payout is a joke, the grind is a joke, needs to be adjusted big time, 30-50% min hike.

View PostJohn1352, on 04 April 2015 - 05:16 AM, said:

You underestimate the magnitude of the problem. That was an invasion Direwolf with +30% c-bills. Had it been a normal Direwolf it would have been 212,296.

This makes it even more jacked up! What a joke!

This is the biggest reason I have not dropped another dime on this game, even with all the sales we had in the last couple months, even with taxes coming back. I wanted to pick up my first mech pack ever, the IS $80 dollar one, and the urbie $40 dollar pack, I already have about $80 into this game over the last year and a half... so this would of been a big purchase for me given that I have never thrown more then $60-80 at a AAA title/per game release/pack to help support this game even more then I already have.

It has gotten to the point my time spent playing has dropped off big time from what it was several months ago and after Vass's thread he started and my own regarding very low earnings and what they afford us. I wonder when Russ and company will get it? This model is not going to get them more cash, nor is it gonna help keep new players or even some Veterans interested for that matter. They need to lessen the grind, make PT only tick down only while you are logged into the game. Trust me, we all spend enough time in the Mech lab, I am sure they will get many PT hours from us that we still don't use in game earning C-bills. Things stay the way they are, this game is gonna really get some interesting reviews on Steam when they go that path. Seriously Russ, think about it, you'll get it, one of these days.

I mean seriously.... good game play like this and such a big carry for your team should leave a player feeling very rewarded for his efforts and time spent in game when he clicks on the match earnings tab, not insulted and wondering why the hell he's even playing the game. This is a new players wet dream, and a very solid game for even a Vet.... something is really wrong with this picture, IMO.

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 04 April 2015 - 07:17 AM.

#35 MrMadguy

• 2,202 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:47 AM

View PostJohn1352, on 04 April 2015 - 05:16 AM, said:

Now you understand, why I'm about to refund my Wave III purchase. Cuz it wasn't even perfect match - it was amazing match! And rewards were soooooo ******. But if you'll take ordinal player and add terrible MM (that puts you into 100500 matches long lose streak and into teams with much higher avg ELO level), hitreg, that is simply a joke (Lights, that are "eating" several 50dmg alphas without even armor becoming orange), unbalanced maps with terrible design (dev are not fixing unbalanced maps, but exploiting this imbalance via manipulating spawn points to control players chances to win instead), etc. - you'll understand, that average players' rewards are currently completely joke.

For example. I've got ~50 'Mechs and I like to do the following to introduce some diversity into my gameplay: chose some 'Mech and play it's variants one after another till the moment, I won't spend 2xXP bonus on this variant. So, this helps me to track wins and losses very easily, even if I quit matches before they end. And it's really really terrible to see, that after playing several hours, YOU HAVEN'T SPEND EVEN A SINGE 2xXP BONUS ON ANY 'MECH!!! Usually every playing session begins from 4-5 matches lose streak for me, so if I don't have enough time to play, let's say 10-15 matches to let MM "warm up" a little bit, it turns into non-stop losing streak.

Edited by MrMadguy, 04 April 2015 - 07:52 AM.

#36 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:20 AM

This is about the fifth video I've seen this week where the Dire Wolf gets ignored or missed by the enemy team and enjoys uncountered carnage because of it. Everyone thinks that's impressive for some reason.

#37 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:40 AM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 04 April 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

This is about the fifth video I've seen this week where the Dire Wolf gets ignored or missed by the enemy team and enjoys uncountered carnage because of it. Everyone thinks that's impressive for some reason.

Show me the video where you get 7 kills in 1 min 29 sec., regardless of the situation it was an epic comeback. And a serious rush.

#38 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:45 AM

Posted Image

With an invasion direwolf.

30% off that is dismal.

The XP though is terrible too.

We're so ready for steam or do you think they're going to nerf it more?

Edited by Xetelian, 04 April 2015 - 08:47 AM.

#39 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:53 AM

I love how 7 guys focused on two lights because they wanted easy kills and completely ignored a direwolf running around between them for 2 minutes. Hilarious. Always gotta chase the squirrel.

#40 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:12 AM

^^Ya I hope the lights were at least fresh, I mean that's the only reason you might overlook a DW that is at 32%. That's how I see it anyhow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users