Mech Dropping Into Match While Reconnecting

1 reply to this topic

#1 Shiro Kell

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:35 PM

This has probably been posted previously but I'm too busy to search the forums and check.

I have noticed a problem in CW. During my last match, my brothers game crashed. I was spectating his mech from my PC during this time. His active mech was destroyed as expected and his next mech waited for him to reconnect. As soon as he reconnected, his last mech dropped from the dropship and stood idle on the field while the game load screen did its loading circle thing on his computer. By the time he loaded in successfully, his mech had been destroyed.

It seems obvious to me that there needs to be some kind of player input to confirm launch in instances like these. I understand that there would need to be some kind of timer on the input to avoid abuse of this system, but the timer should be long enough to cater for those connecting from overseas. If no input comes, say within 2 minutes, the mech drops automatically.

IMHO this is something that needs to be rectified ASAP.

#2 Romeo Deluxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 449 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:58 PM

I'm not sure it works this way. If someone disconnects all 4 mechs will drop. Have had to go to the enemy landing zone plenty of times just to finish off 3 or even 4 mechs of a disconnected player.

Edited by Romeo Deluxe, 05 April 2015 - 07:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users