Has Anyone Had A Bad Experience With The Voip?

36 replies to this topic

#21 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:29 AM

I've had a few ragers

mostly though it's just full of people who have no mic discipline

#22 Piney II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:49 AM

I've encountered a few neck beard ragers...................just mute them and press on.

#23 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:30 AM

Other than some cretin trying to find out if an eleven year old boy was really a 15 year old girl, it has been fine.

#24 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:33 AM

My experience so far has been very good, only one time did I have a player that needed the mute hammer. Generally VOIP is quiet until one person says something then this opens the door for quality communication.

I would haft to say I am the worst offender so far. I was just starting a CW drop when my team captain came to my TS channel and we had a conversation about disciplinary action of a certain individual. After 5 minutes someone typed. "Dude we can hear your entire conversation." I had forgotten that i had the same PTT button for VOIP and TS. I apologised and we moved on.

Don't be skeered, use it, call targets and lead your team. People in the pug channel generally appreciate it and you will as well with all the WIN.

#25 sneeking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:37 AM

Never heard anything really bad on it ( just one or two irritating people ) even when I been full of beer and misbehaving nobody's said anything to me.

Iv never spoken on it myself and I do turn it off sometimes as I also do with the text.

#26 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:42 AM

I had someone TRY to call me out cause I disagreed with his view of the Victor. I'm just not impressed... Never have been. I like the chassis. I really do. But it's never (as in for 30 years) WOWed me. Apparently My disagreeing with him was grounds to heckle me, I had fun. :rolleyes:

#27 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:16 AM

I've muted 2 people so far, one was a troll who was TKing and such while screaming, and I mean screaming like someone was trying to remove his non-existant gonads with a spork, over VOIP. Muted him, he TKed me, I reported him, never seen him again.

The 2nd was just last night, some guy starts squawking, sounded like a sick dying turkey or something, just randomly squawking into the mic. It was definitely him, not a bird, because he would mumble something every 3rd or 4th time, and the entire team had him on mute before the timer counted down for the drop.

I've had VOIP used in CW and non-CW drops, usually we win when it's used, occasionally we don't, but over all, it's a great tool.

#28 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:45 AM

I think VOIP has been a definite net positive for MWO. The ONE person I've heard ranting and raving over comms was a certain person from a certain famous comp team. Yes, there are occasional arm chair generals who make some bizarre calls but that usually only happens on a per-game basis and they're easily muted.

These are heavily outweighed by the very positive contributions I've experienced during PuGs by random individuals calling targets, providing intel to the team etc. etc.

As others have commented the quality leaves a lot to be desired but otherwise I like it.

#29 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:50 AM

Only have ran into one intentional trolling player. He/she would wait for the start countdown to expire and blare crappy music (asian pop of some sort) during the start up sequence when we couldn't mute. It'd stop just as the match started so we couldn't tell who it was.

#30 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 05 April 2015 - 09:20 PM, said:

I can honestly say that with the exception of one instance since PGI put it in, I have not had a bad experience with it. no cussing, no yelling no abuse at all. Why is it people are afraid to use it? I do not understand?

Not heard it used that much in PUGs, and when it has been there has been incredibly minimal heated discussion and no abuse that I've heard. so far, so very civil.

#31 Finkledbody

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:47 PM

I'm usually one of the fools that speak up at the beginning of the match. I find after I say something, someone else will chime in and we all find some equal footing. Smooth easy matches that typically end in a win. There have been a few rounds that don't quite work out regardless of what I say mainly because the other teammates don't speak English.

Overall, its been a welcome addition to the game.

Occasionally you get that 12 year old, "eff this, eff you, your mom" but the mute button Is just two or three clicks away.

#32 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:51 PM

The only bad experience I've had with VOIP was a bunch of forumwarriors threatening to turn it off immediately after the patch because they expected bad experiences.

File that one away under "much ado about nothing", right next to 3PV.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 06 April 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#33 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:56 PM

Not once.

Its either complete silence, or guys calling out positions or where to go.

So far so good.

#34 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:58 PM

In CW = fanastic experience, helps a ton.
in Pugs = people with mics are too timid to even speak until you initiate it.

Only one person whom I have muted match-to-match.
I do get the occasional hilarious "U F**KIN WHAT M8? SHUT THE F**K UP AND 1V1 ME BRO ILL R**E U B**CH!" maybe once or twice thusfar. Thought I left that kind of s**t back on Xbox Live when I stopped playing Halo 3.

Edited by xeromynd, 06 April 2015 - 12:59 PM.

#35 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:34 PM

I have to admit integrated VOIP was not as bad as I expected, instead of being a horrendous experience that I immediately disabled, it was only a drain on developer time, compute resources and a slight annoyance; primarily due to quality, and something I only disabled after several games in a row of speech so distorted I couldn't decipher a simple alphanumeric coordinate.

All in all i'd give it 3/10, it could have been worse.

#36 Nori Silverrage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:50 PM

For whatever reason it doens't work for me. I haven't cared enough to try and figure out why. But yeah, I press the voice activation key and nothing happens. TS3 works just fine though, so yeah.

#37 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:00 PM

My VOIP experience has been fairly good. Been a couple of times where someone is trying to tell the Assault lance to Hurry up. As if they had another gear.

Had another time in a pug drop where some player was attempting to give us some kind motivational speech. Something about being of 'One Mind', and 'Flowing as a Unit' or some such. He seemed very serious. Naturally we get our butts handed to us.

But all in all, not too bad

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users