329 replies to this topic

#161 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:14 AM

If the Streakcrow REALLY needs to be balanced, PGI can do what they did to the Catapult A1....VCRs....VCRs EVERYWHERE. Make the Stormcrow wider than a Nova with VCRs tacked on everywhere. Balanced!

Who am I kidding, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

#162 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 13 April 2015 - 08:14 AM, said:

If the Streakcrow REALLY needs to be balanced, PGI can do what they did to the Catapult A1....VCRs....VCRs EVERYWHERE. Make the Stormcrow wider than a Nova with VCRs tacked on everywhere. Balanced!

Who am I kidding, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

If there's anything i'd wish it upon, that'd be the stormcrow.

*Shakes fist angrily*

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 13 April 2015 - 08:21 AM.

#163 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:24 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 April 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

If there's anything i'd wish it upon, that'd be the stormcrow.

*Shakes fist angrily*

I'd just like to see it's movement animation fixed... that should really bring it in line I would think...

#164 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:29 AM

View PostF8Sealed, on 07 April 2015 - 06:12 AM, said:

Lore doesn't make this game fun.
There isn't a Stormcrow with all Streaks in the Lore. So blame something else for your hate of the Stormcrow.

350+ Range with never missing missiles for 60 points of damage wherever you can get a lock. ANDDDDDDDDDDD you can keep moving?
This is Game Mechanics not lore.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 13 April 2015 - 08:31 AM.

#165 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

For those of you who keep screaming 100% hit...

Please post a screenshot of your weapon stats page showing streak launchers with 100% accuracy.

#166 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:07 AM

View PostGyrok, on 13 April 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

For those of you who keep screaming 100% hit...

Please post a screenshot of your weapon stats page showing streak launchers with 100% accuracy.

As long nothing is blocking the flight path... They do hit 100%.... What do you think these guys are complaining about ?

Its instant death for hits if they all happen to hit you in the rear side torso.

For light pilots... Avoid Avoid Avoid...All Crow, Thor, Maddog streak boats.

Look at this streak crow that the end of this video....
Don't bother and just dodge keeping distance and cover.
Notice his light chase got himself killed.

#167 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

Right, and any idiot standing still will probably get dropped by someone with a big PP alpha long before streaks do them in...

#168 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

Watched a Streakcrow (3x6, 2x4) engage a slightly damaged Urbanmech yesterday. Poor Urbie flipped his lid and went bat-**** crazy trying to get away, but didn't have the speed.

5 volleys later the Urbanmech finally died an instant before the Streakcrow also went down.

Yeah, Streakcrows be OP. :huh:

#169 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:07 AM

View PostShinVector, on 13 April 2015 - 09:07 AM, said:

As long nothing is blocking the flight path... They do hit 100%.... What do you think these guys are complaining about ?

Its instant death for hits if they all happen to hit you in the rear side torso.

For light pilots... Avoid Avoid Avoid...All Crow, Thor, Maddog streak boats.

Look at this streak crow that the end of this video....
Don't bother and just dodge keeping distance and cover.
Notice his light chase got himself killed.

TT you ARE 100% with Streaks. You either get a lock, or you don't fire. NEVER a wasted shot.

Kids these days will cry about anything they don't like.

#170 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

View PostTelmasa, on 13 April 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

I've got an issue with it.

I can be standing in the back of my team trying to grind an Urbie, and some streakcrow can come bounding up undetected, pop up a couple 100m away, run through my ENTIRE team and still live, and - despite me using cover and maneuvering and whatever - still kill me with less than 3 alphas.

Yeah, totally not gamebreaking....

View PostMirumoto Izanami, on 13 April 2015 - 07:55 AM, said:

Against 'slow' lights, I can do this in a Centurion - AH, and in two alphas. I know you're being sarcastic, but the irony is you are actually correct: it isn't game breaking. That Stormcrow has effectively sacrificed himself to kill an Urban mech.
And if your team doesn't kill it, then your team has issues (ie, more serious threats to contend with, or lack of ability/cohesion).

not much to add to this. except....

View PostRoadkill, on 13 April 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

Watched a Streakcrow (3x6, 2x4) engage a slightly damaged Urbanmech yesterday. Poor Urbie flipped his lid and went bat-**** crazy trying to get away, but didn't have the speed.

5 volleys later the Urbanmech finally died an instant before the Streakcrow also went down.

Yeah, Streakcrows be OP. :huh:

Exactly. If you get one on your tail, and you ain't got help...eventually, you are probably toast. But unless your team is dead, why are you that far from support in a slow Light in the first place.

As for the Streak crow plows thru the team to get to me scenario........if that is more than a once in a blue moon thing, you gotta get teammates who can shoot straighter. We ain't talking about a freaking FS9 here.

View PostMetus regem, on 13 April 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

I'd just like to see it's movement animation fixed... that should really bring it in line I would think...

Yup...fix the problem instead of whinging about and tossing bandaids at symptoms.

#171 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostGyrok, on 13 April 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

Right, and any idiot standing still will probably get dropped by someone with a big PP alpha long before streaks do them in...

when we disagree, we disagree vehemently, and yet other times, like this, couldn't agree with you more.

#172 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 April 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

when we disagree, we disagree vehemently, and yet other times, like this, couldn't agree with you more.

It happens :P

#173 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:49 PM

All I'm saying is if he had been limited to 270m range & took a higher penalty for alpha-striking all the launchers, it wouldn't have been such a one-sided instagib.

As for why he was able to get through my whole team...it's a Stormcrow. He was cored out here and there by his third volley, but...yeah.

Fixed animation pass would be nice too.

It's really hard to not see things like that though, and end up wanting to take my UAC/10 "non-meta" stormcrow and switch to ERML/streak cheese just to piss off other players as much as it does me.

#174 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:50 PM

I've got an issue with it.

I can be standing in the back of my team trying to grind an Urbie, and some streakcrow can come bounding up undetected, pop up a couple 100m away, run through my ENTIRE team and still live, and - despite me using cover and maneuvering and whatever - still kill me with less than 3 alphas.

Yeah, totally not gamebreaking....

You team should learn to shoot and/or they aren't prioritizing because a streakcrow isn't a huge threat to a heavy, much less an assault.

#175 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:58 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 07 April 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

bap or not, lock time is huge enough to shoot and disappear. 2 Alphas and you are dead? you are truly doing something wrong, because you are not dead after two alphas. Just try this frontally on the commando in the testing ground, and hey this commando isn't even moving.

you can be glad your Jenner isn't facing competent srm builds they will scare you a lot more than streak builds.
This is absolutely 100% not true. If a Streakcrow pops around a corner, you can be locked on and dead in about a second and a half. Constant movement (aka, what you do in a light vs. ANY OTHER BUILD) will cause the streaks to clump up and peg you in the torsos, and the 106 KPH of a 'Crow is difficult to run away from. A BAP+TAG Streakcrow WILL kill you in a light unless you can get behind semi-permanent cover within 6 seconds.

#176 Bloody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 569 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:29 PM

seems fine to me, streak crows counter lights. I can live with that

#177 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:30 PM

View PostRampancyTW, on 13 April 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

This is absolutely 100% not true. If a Streakcrow pops around a corner, you can be locked on and dead in about a second and a half. Constant movement (aka, what you do in a light vs. ANY OTHER BUILD) will cause the streaks to clump up and peg you in the torsos, and the 106 KPH of a 'Crow is difficult to run away from. A BAP+TAG Streakcrow WILL kill you in a light unless you can get behind semi-permanent cover within 6 seconds.

They can not comprehend the fact that 2 alphas and any light is toast

Easy cure for this though. Make it so they HAVE to keep the reticule on the mech to maintain lock. the further a way the light is the easier it is to keep the lock.

Broken Mechanic that has been in the game since beta. It was fixed temporarily in a patch recently, but the LRM'er's were crying foul so they put the bug back in.

#178 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:46 PM

View PostTelmasa, on 13 April 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

All I'm saying is if he had been limited to 270m range & took a higher penalty for alpha-striking all the launchers, it wouldn't have been such a one-sided instagib.

A couple hundred meters still puts this (probably not) hypothetical Stormcrow within Inner Sphere Streak range.

Also, less than 3 alphas? But more than 1, obviously. What definition are you using for "instant"?

#179 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:35 AM

View PostRampancyTW, on 13 April 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

Considering that he gets one volley off in about 6 seconds...?

LOL! Too funny...seriously...

You can survive at minimum 3 volleys, if you are a decent light pilot (obviously not many of them in this thread, but still) you can survive quite a few more than that.

Not but about a week ago, I watched a Firestarter soak 8, yes I said 8, volleys of SSRMs, 4 of those volleys were confirmed alpha strikes.

If what you say is true...the above scenario would be completely and utterly impossible.

Before you try to debunk it, I can confirm this:

2 mechs hit him with 2 alphas each (at the same times as well) at <100m range.

Both mechs then hit him with a volley of 18, followed by a volley of 12, at which point he lost an arm. We are 180 SSRMs into this and he is down an arm. Consider that...now he has taken 8 volleys and is not dead.

Then both mechs fired another volley of 18 and he finally popped due to ST loss.

So, the lesson here is 216 SSRMs later, a FS9 was down an arm, and eventually a ST that killed him.

Streaks not OP.

#180 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:38 AM

View PostLordBraxton, on 10 April 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

One streakcrow will have a hard time vs two light brawlers, and get slaughtered by 3... so this is a vast overstatement...

Also, it only takes 1 erll light to counter a StreakCrow

The inverse example is also, how many LRM boats does it take to counter 1 light who has gotten within 180m?

Everything has counters in this game.

Also, if the streakcrow runs into my Zeus, he is gonna have a BAD day, as his streaks splatter across my epic frontal armor, and my laser vomit shreds his side torso in one salvo.

The smart streakcrows actually only take 3 ssrm6s and have 4 to 5 medicine lasers as well so they can not be useless drags on their team when fighting anything heavier than a Cicada or facing overlapping ECM or facing ERLL lights.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users