Raaagggeee: Yet Another Fix Clan Auto Cannons!

64 replies to this topic

#61 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:53 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 14 April 2015 - 04:37 AM, said:

STOP looking at individual weapons, because you will keep crying to yourself that clans OP. IS mechs cannot use Clan weapons and clan mechs cannot use IS weapons, you have to look at the final build packages, including quirks.
If Clan weapons were balanced to be the same effectiveness per ton as IS weapons then ALL clan build restrictions would have to be unlocked.

*reads previous post*
Nope, no mention of clans being OP. My cheeks are dry too, so I guess I wasn't crying either.

Allow me to restate my point: The clans have a few really great mechs. They also have a lot of mediocre to bad mechs. If you buff the weapons to help the bad mechs, then you will make the really good ones OP. I am looking at final build packages. The flaws with the Nova build have nothing to do with the CUAC/20, and everything to do with the lack of ES, fixed JJ and fixed DHS. Similarly, the strengths of the stormcrow have everything to do with the clan ES/FF and big clan XL engine. Calling for a buff to CUACs because of the Nova is just as flawed (though much less common) as calling for a nerf to CERML because of the stormcrow.

Balancing by tonnage and unlocking build restrictions seems like making the clan omni mechs into regular battlemechs. I don't think you'll find a lot of support for that.

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 14 April 2015 - 04:37 AM, said:

There is not 1 correctly (under MWOs systems) built clan mech, even the Timberwolf and Stormcrow have the wrong sized engine.

??? They look right to me. I don't understand what you mean here.

#62 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:52 AM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 14 April 2015 - 05:53 AM, said:

*reads previous post*
Nope, no mention of clans being OP. My cheeks are dry too, so I guess I wasn't crying either.

Allow me to restate my point: The clans have a few really great mechs. They also have a lot of mediocre to bad mechs. If you buff the weapons to help the bad mechs, then you will make the really good ones OP. I am looking at final build packages. The flaws with the Nova build have nothing to do with the CUAC/20, and everything to do with the lack of ES, fixed JJ and fixed DHS. Similarly, the strengths of the stormcrow have everything to do with the clan ES/FF and big clan XL engine. Calling for a buff to CUACs because of the Nova is just as flawed (though much less common) as calling for a nerf to CERML because of the stormcrow.

Balancing by tonnage and unlocking build restrictions seems like making the clan omni mechs into regular battlemechs. I don't think you'll find a lot of support for that.

??? They look right to me. I don't understand what you mean here.

Actually, C-UACs suck on ALL mechs except the Dire Wolf. Which is why they need to be buffed, because outside of the Dakka Whale they are not used. Just buff them to be usable in groups of less than 4 and stick some negative ballistic quirks on the Whale to keep it in check.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 14 April 2015 - 06:53 AM.

#63 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:32 AM

Seriously Gyrok? Clan SRMS do almost the exact same damage. A difference of less than a single point on a full SRM6 volly. Spread is the same, heat the same, just clans can run srm-whatever + Artemis for less weight than IS SRM of the same size.

The only reason you feel like you have more spread and even more heat is that you have room and tonnage to run 6s instead of 4s and you run more of them.

Csrms are flat out superior across the board. 0.15 damage per missile is irrelevant.

#64 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:37 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 14 April 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

Seriously Gyrok? Clan SRMS do almost the exact same damage. A difference of less than a single point on a full SRM6 volly. Spread is the same, heat the same, just clans can run srm-whatever + Artemis for less weight than IS SRM of the same size.

The only reason you feel like you have more spread and even more heat is that you have room and tonnage to run 6s instead of 4s and you run more of them.

Csrms are flat out superior across the board. 0.15 damage per missile is irrelevant.

Negative, spread is more on Clan SRMs, it was pulled directly from the .pak files in game, and it is about 5-6% difference in spread...it is on reddit. In fact, they even conducted an experiment and posted it on reddit to see how big a difference it was.

Using SRM4s without artemis, the IS SRM4 hit mostly the torsos on a mech after a single launcher was fired 10 times. You had some outliers, but not bad. Meanwhile, the Clan SRM4, from same range, single launcher, 10 times...the entire mech was sprayed. We are talking about an entire Atlas being sprayed all over...single SRM4...

EDIT: In fact, the original info was posted by rak on raks armory...can probably find it easier there. In fact, there are lots of subtle things stacked against the clans in the game code that you were likely completely unaware existed.

Edited by Gyrok, 14 April 2015 - 03:51 PM.

#65 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

I'm all for tightenning shot grouping and decreasing shell count, but not pinpoint.
AC160 dire wolves... dear god...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users