- - - - -

What Should Be My Third Stalker (4N And 5S Already Taken)

18 replies to this topic

#1 Bubblewhip

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:03 PM

Hey guys, I already have a Stalker 4N rocking 4 LL (I find 6 to be too hot). And plan to use a 5S and putting 4 Large Pulse lasers on it, but I'm having problems picking a third stalker.

I wish I could have a Misery but it's way way too expensive, and I thought about a 3H but it wouldn't be any more capable then my Catapault C1 but more ammo and slower by using LRMS.

I'm thinking about a 5M and loading 5 SRM6+Artim on it, but I don't know how good it is.

I'm kinda stuck trying to find a satisfying third Stalker model, any builds out there that are viable?

#2 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:07 PM

3H or Misery.

For the 3H, put a STD300 or 305 and 4 ERLLs on it, for the Misery you want a STD295 and Gauss Rifle and 3 LLs or 3 ERLLs.

For what it's worth, the 6LL Stalker 4N runs pretty hot until it's elited, try switching to the 6LL build once you have it elited.

Edited by Richter Kerensky, 08 April 2015 - 02:09 PM.

#3 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:25 PM

Misery - just wait for some 50% sale

#4 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:57 PM

Also consider the 3F it has the greatest torso twist range of the stalkers at 85. You can see some differences from smurphy's site, by hovering over some entries and get more info by clicking on them, you can also see how the current quirks stack up with the "Mech Quirks" Category.

So, if you can't spend on the Misery then the 3F, 3H or 5M would be the ones I'd take a second look at for a third.

A mix of Lasers and/or Missiles is what the chassis is limited to

#5 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

3F or Misery

#6 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:33 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 08 April 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

3F or Misery

^This. The 3F isn't top dawg now but its basic layout is good and that torso twist is a huge advantage. It'll be back.

#7 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:50 PM

On the 4N you can also try a 5xLL build.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3ae11f6ef994e2e

#8 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:53 PM

I am partial to the 5M because of the absurd alpha it can unleash.

SRM30 hits pretty dam hard.

If your a risky player, try this build.

SRM6 x 5 + Artemis
1LPL
XL300
10 Tons Ammo
18 Double Heatsinks

75 point alpha, with amazing heat management. You can Alpha 2-3 times on a hot map, 4-5 on a Cold map.

It's not a range friendly mech tho. You need to be patient.

Most say don't put a XL in stalker. I have enjoi'ed Stalkers for a long time with XL300 and XL310 in them with a very high K/DR. As always, just don't get caught alone. And twist that torso....

#9 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:38 AM

Ive master tiered the 3F 4N and 5M.
The 5S and 3H just come across as rehash of the 3F with some minor quirk changes.
The 3F has awesome turn out after master tier with an xl285 yaw angle is 102 degrees and twist speed is 94 degree p/s and a travel speed of 59.7kph.
The 5M has the 5th missile hardpoint and some really great quirks.

The Misery is high priced but I guess the 30% cbill bonus makes that up. I don't care for ballistics that much but if you do this would be the option, rw money allowing.

As for builds my favorite is the 5M carrying 2 lrm10 3 lrm5 1 erll and tag with the stock STD255(53.5kph) 8 double heatsinks, 10.5 tons of ammo, case. Standard Structure(need slots more than tons) and Standard Armor(full 526). 44 alpha (deceiving because of the rate of fire) Heat of 1.55, tier 5 lrm10 cooldown lrm5 cooldown and erll range. This build produces consistent 700+ damage matches and Ive had a few 1000+.

Have swapped in srm6 but lost 3 tons of ammo from my fav build but consumption was less so it evened out, real issue is heat . You can alpha a few times because the single erll is forgiving heat wise. you could drop the erll for 5 ml for a real devastating close range punch but you won't alpha much but if you do its an 89.5 close range alpha that should scare the hell out of people. heat sinks and slots are the problem with this build.

Edit remembr that 3 tons of ammo is deceiving Lrm 180 per ton srm 100 per ton. still leaves you 750 which equals to 25 alphas.

Edited by Tractor Joe, 10 April 2015 - 05:33 AM.

#10 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:56 AM

All of them are pretty awesome.

4N, 3H are my favs
5M, Misery, 3F next
5S last

The 3H is far better than you think; it has great generic energy quirks. You may think the 5S is a better 4xLPL boat since it has an LPL quirk, but really look at the details. It has the best general energy heat gen quirks (on the 3H)

#11 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:12 AM

The 8Q is the correct answer....wait...what was the question? :P

I think the Misery or the 5M would be the best bets. Even with the extra twist on the 3F, you're still flying a blimp.

#12 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

3F (torso twist, my money maker), Misery (no comment needed)

#13 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:00 AM

3H.

#14 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:35 AM

3F or Misery. I have them all, but if you have to choose, those are the best. Wait - do you like missiles or energy weapons?

If you want a change up, the Misery is the only Stalker with a ballistic slot, and you're better off going big (AC20 or Gauss).

If you want an energy boat, slap a STD300-310 in the 3F, some LPLs, and go to town - real fun mech.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 10 April 2015 - 09:36 AM.

#15 CimaGarahau

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 147 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWesternmost Germany

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:41 AM

As lots of users here already mentioned: Misery. Nice piece of metal. Always had nice experiences with that chassis!

#16 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:47 AM

I really like the 5M for SRM brawling. For me, it worked best with a standard engine. It is really range limited, but if I could get in position... woe to the enemies nearby. I had a lot of fun with a laser heavy version and that used srm4s for quick alphas in close and decent ranged poking. Nice DPS on both, but they heat up quick.

#17 Ironicus

Rookie

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSW England

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:42 AM

My first ever mech was the 3F and I love it. Might be only my second post here but I've been playing for well over a couple years, it just takes me a while to feel comfortable to contribute to any community without ALOT of experience first.

I have 4 Stalker mechs and to be honest I love them all but I can't help going back to my roots, the 3F. It's a great all rounder and has always repaired any road to negative K/D ratio I've racked up using other Mechs.

#18 Prince Peter Davion

• PipPip
  • Private
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPeriphery Throne World

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:50 AM

Agreed, the Misery is your go to laser platform with EXP bonus, sales will come around again, just be patient. Until then, the 3F as a missile boat is pretty good; 6 Medium Lasers and as many LRMS as you can fit in 4 launchers, probably LRM 5s.

#19 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:11 AM

I'd go 3H because it can be made into a laser/srm boat - I dislike LRM's and SRM's can offer very high DPS for relatively low heat. Same for the 4N before you elite it, 4x LL's and 3xSRM4's will rip people a new hole from afar or up-close. The misery is what I'd get if I decided to use real money for a Stalker.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users