Low Pop Cw... Just Make The Tukyyid Event Into Cw

14 replies to this topic

#1 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:57 AM

I wonder it it would be more logistical to just get rid of the map for the time being and just let it be clan vs IS one planet at a time.

You just queue up and take your turn in either attack or defense whichever node/match is up next. Determine the planet winner at ceasefire -
Goes clan or IS based on the nodes

The faction that had the most wins out of that gains the planet

The unit out of that faction that had the most players on wins gets to stroke their epeen and claim the planet for 24hours.

-- The entire map system in place now is far too convoluted and spreads out the players that want to play CW far too much to keep matches running all day. Great idea for 5 years down the road if PGI ever develops the mode into something everyone wants in on, until then it's just a waste, let us fight.

And nothing else has to change, factions can be factions and mercs can tool around like they are lost in the woods.

-- Also just realized I spelled Tukayyid wrong, it was hidden and I have no clue on how to go back and fix it.

Edited by sycocys, 22 April 2015 - 11:00 AM.

#2 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:02 AM

Two problems.

1. There is no "time being". Since this is Beta they have to figure out how to make CW work forever, not just now.

2. People seem to forget that there is a respectable portion of the IS that finds fighting clans mechs the epitome of boring. I'll fight clans on occasion if the mood strikes me and will for big events like this, but as a whole, no. Your idea will take a small CW population and make it even smaller.

#3 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

1. CW Population has been and is unacceptably low - so unless they are going to run daily events they need to start trying different things for its day to day function.

2. two options -

A. Add 3 planets so guys can have their easy mode CW
B. Suck it up and play on the front lines of the war.

#4 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:59 PM

I prefer the current system with the upcoming 4v4 scouting / garrison missions for determining invasion path. (Assuming they fix Ghost Dropping to always give attack again)

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,853 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

you can fix it if you just get rid of the time windows and the cease fires. nothing sucks more than wanting to play cw but you cant because its the wrong time of day. i want my 4am alaska time pugstomps!

#6 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:33 PM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 22 April 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Two problems.

1. There is no "time being". Since this is Beta they have to figure out how to make CW work forever, not just now.

2. People seem to forget that there is a respectable portion of the IS that finds fighting clans mechs the epitome of boring. I'll fight clans on occasion if the mood strikes me and will for big events like this, but as a whole, no. Your idea will take a small CW population and make it even smaller.

Respectable, that's up for debate. I'll never understand why people got a beef with the Clans, especially when the balance between Spheretech and Clantech is pretty good now.

#7 Ink Sikes

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

I believe Russ mentioned events such as these big planetary drops occurring more often in the future, particularly over 'key planets' when Clans reach certain milestones. I think that's a pretty good idea. I do hope with the reset they make changes necessary to COMWAR to make it more accessible and easier to play for everyone. Ghost dropping isn't as big of a problem in my opinion as the spawn-camping "tactics" that some teams use. I'm looking forward to more isolated drop-zones and heavier arms on the Dropships to stop this. Oh and the Union Class...

#8 Adamski

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 23 April 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

you can fix it if you just get rid of the time windows and the cease fires. nothing sucks more than wanting to play cw but you cant because its the wrong time of day. i want my 4am alaska time pugstomps!

The cease fires are already on a rotating schedule, and cease fires are necessary for moving planetary borders in the current implementation.

#9 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:11 PM

I highly doubt that 4v4 will change they dynamics or population of CW much at all. And that's only if (big if) they can sort out a way to make 4v4 matches in a way that doesn't over stress the servers - the reason they gave as to why we don't have smaller match modes now.

End of day 4v4 will end up being the same complain fest about how premades are so much better than pugs or how its b.s. that pugs can't drop in terrible load outs and compete against the meta builds.

Either way it will (maybe) come, population will pick up for a short time then drop off like a rock again, there needs to be a better solution to setting up the matches to shrink the entire thing down to the actual size of the player base that participates. They didn't seem to have any interest at all in making the game any deeper from their responses in the last town hall, so what we have is what CW is going to be so it needs to be adjusted to fit the population that plays it for what it is.

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,853 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostAdamski, on 23 April 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

The cease fires are already on a rotating schedule, and cease fires are necessary for moving planetary borders in the current implementation.

the rotating schedule doesn't do a whole lot of good if my play time lines up with the dead period after a cease fire (im asleep before it picks up again). the map draw is instantaneous while the wait time that comes with the ceasefire is mostly to wait for the last match to end.

there are lots of things you can do to make it better. one idea is to use a floating window where you have x time from when the attack starts to win the planet, then put the planet in cooldown (a local cease fire). another is to stagger the ceasefire periods where it only updates half the planets at a time, allowing you to play the other half.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 April 2015 - 02:38 PM.

#11 zeves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:34 AM

ceasfire generally kills momentum in cw, a more fluid system that doesnt require disruption of the whole game mode is needed,

#12 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:53 AM

CW no matter what is always going to have a low/declining pop if there are no changes made to the level of boringness it brings. lets hope seeing as its in beta massive changes and additions are on the horizon... a good start would be with maps!

#13 Adamski

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:55 AM

It would be nice if Ceasefires maintained current attacker progress instead of resetting it, and maybe bump the required percentage for take over to 60-75%.

IIRC the attack phase is 6:20 and the cease fire is 0:40 so the ceasefire naturally rotates through all the hours.

#14 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:25 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 24 April 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

CW no matter what is always going to have a low/declining pop if there are no changes made to the level of boringness it brings. lets hope seeing as its in beta massive changes and additions are on the horizon... a good start would be with maps!

Maps would help, I really have no idea why they don't just roll in like 20-30 maps with basic terrain and structures then detail them out over time. Take out the ****** ones few people like, toss in more similar to the ones that people enjoy. Real variation would make a world of difference.

Even for standard drops I expected there to be 30+ maps by now and would have estimated double that if you asked me right out of beta. It's one thing that I have a hard time wrapping my head around.

#15 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:33 AM

View Postsycocys, on 24 April 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Maps would help, I really have no idea why they don't just roll in like 20-30 maps with basic terrain and structures then detail them out over time. Take out the ****** ones few people like, toss in more similar to the ones that people enjoy. Real variation would make a world of difference.

Even for standard drops I expected there to be 30+ maps by now and would have estimated double that if you asked me right out of beta. It's one thing that I have a hard time wrapping my head around.

According to PGI, it costs them a lot in terms of time, effort, and money to make a map. And because I do not know the details of the work involved, I am not making any comment beyond that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users